PDA

View Full Version : 2008-06-04: Asayyeah/Arnaud stands down as moderator

infoxicated
4th June 2008, 07:37 PM
It's been nearly two years since Arnaud accepted the sometimes daunting task of being a moderator here on WipEoutZone (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3380), but today he asked to me to relinquish his duties due to changes in his personal circumstances.

I want to thank Arnie for all the hard work he's put in since summer 2006, and look forward to him being as outspoken as ever now that he is free from shackles of being a moderator.

Now he'll have more time to concentrate on what he does best - being the fastest AG pilot in the world.

Cheers Arnaud! :beer

Sausehuhn
4th June 2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks Arnaud! Two years already? Damn! Tempus fugit!

You did a very good job, that's for sure :)

lunar
4th June 2008, 08:37 PM
yep, you did a terrific job, Arnaud. A true mediator in the forums, a true terminator on the track! :paperbag Please make sure you keep coming here enough in future, though. Thanks again for all your hard work over the last two years. :banzai

Hellfire_WZ
4th June 2008, 09:19 PM
All the best Arnaud, thanks for all the hard work here. Don't be a stranger, eh? :)

eLhabib
4th June 2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, 2 years, really? Flew by like 2 months...
Thanks for your contribution to this wonderful forum, Arnaud. I sure hope this move doesn't mean we won't see you around as often anymore... ? :(
Anyway, can't wait to race you again on the PS3, the golden xLink Pure days are way too far behind...

stin
4th June 2008, 09:49 PM
TWO YEARS!!!! it`s felt like a year with ya!:eek

I`m hoping you will stay here and posting as normal with us. Hell!, I`m gonna meet you anyway!:P

Is that your choice?, then ok mate, you are a cool moderator!

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
4th June 2008, 11:33 PM
Oh, sad news :frown: guess it can't be helped.

Moderator for 2 years? It sure doesn't feel that long geez time moves to quickly. You won't become a stranger round these parts now will you arnie old chum? :lol

JABBERJAW
5th June 2008, 12:54 AM
When Arnaud got to my house for the tourney this year, when I was at work, he looked at every thread that everyone posted because he wasn't on the site for a few days, It took him hours to go through them all, so in seeing him do that, I realized that he really took his moderator job very seriously, and did an excellent job at it.

The problem now, is, he will have many more hours to wipe the floor with all of us in all the games :)

Nice Job Arnaud

TheFrostE
5th June 2008, 01:19 AM
haha, the bar has just been raised Al...the beast is out!

but on the real arnaud, your a great guy, i still enjoy talking to you on MSN, and meeting you up in vermont was an honor for sure. like stevie said, i hope you stay posting with us all here and ill talk to you either way! stay fly :)

Darkdrium777
5th June 2008, 04:47 AM
Yup Al he explained how he did his job here on MSN and I can understand that if he moves out of his place and for a few weeks he does not have internet, he will never be able to catch up with every post.
It's too bad Arnaud 'cause from the short time I've been here I've never seen anything out of place, which means some awesome moderating job was behind it. Thanks for taking your time to do this for the WipEout Zone, it will surely be missed.
Hopefully you will still be able to come back often :) And please, think about getting WipEout HD, it will be awesome if you do so we can all race together online ;)

rdmx
5th June 2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks for helping keep this place clean Arnaud! Here's some beer for a job well done.:beer

Asayyeah
5th June 2008, 12:25 PM
Merci mes amis :)

Yes i asked Rob to let me be discharged from my moderation duty. For those who don't know my new situation, i am moving to another town ( Beauvais = 200 kms from le Havre) at the end of june where i am preparing a degree of pc maintenance during 18 months.
I will have like a mini-flat located directly into the 'school' with limited internet possibilities ( especially at night : unique way for me is to browse internet through my i-phone which is not the better and faster way to moderate here in the zone)
I like the job well done and i completely invested myself into that mission of moderation but i simply can't do that during those next 18 months that's the reason i asked Rob to stop this task for me.

Don't worrie that doesn't mean i ll become a stranger, of course not, i will stay here and continue posting. I ll have my free speech again, actually it's not the correct word, WZ didn't gag me at all, but i was always very carefull in the choice of my words, and since english is not my mother'tongue that was pretty hard for me.
OK sometimes i may have overeacted on few subjects but it was always meant in the way way of protecting the amazing Wipeout serie and awesome friends i met here, thanks again Rob , without you the community would never be like it is today.

rdmx
5th June 2008, 01:19 PM
Good luck with the degree! Hope it all turns out well for you.

Mad-Ice
5th June 2008, 01:25 PM
Cheers mate,

That is well said! Thank you so much for the job you did, you did it very well!! I think it is a very difficult task to be a moderator; to be able to set things straight in a good manner! To all who are moderating: Thanks for keeping this place like it is!

Asa, I wish you the best in your new path that is in front of you. I hope you will enjoy it and that you will be able to maybe even start your own business. Thanks again and good luck

Great greetings Mad-Ice

xEik
5th June 2008, 05:43 PM
Good luck on your new prospects. :D

/remembers that French people don't wish luck to others but courage. ;)

RJ O'Connell
5th June 2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for a great job, Mr. Yeah. :)

Frances_Penfold
5th June 2008, 06:35 PM
I will miss the Le Havre FFF tag on your account line, Asayyeah, but wish you luck with your new endeavors :)

q_dmc12
5th June 2008, 10:13 PM
Merci mes amis :)

...I am moving to another town ( Beauvais = 200 kms from le Havre) at the end of june where i am preparing a degree of pc maintenance during 18 months...

With a degree in PC repair you will be learning many work-arounds for performance problems ...if you catch my drift.;) If you have any questions however, my college friends and I are always looking for the next big fix for technologies little problems;);), we may be of some service to you - drop me a line (msn) often. :D

Don't forget to have fun and never stop learning. 8)

Lance
11th June 2008, 12:13 AM
I'm thinkin' that FFF Beauvais has a good sound to it, too.

I gained respect for Arnaud's integrity quite soon after he joined the WZ, and have never had cause to doubt it, nor his constant enthusiasm and love for the game and his conviviality in the fellowship of the Wipeout fans. It's unfortunate that we lose him as a moderator, but fortunate we'll gain another computer expert. :D And still have his participation as a member here. Bon chance, Arnaud. Levez l'étandard!
Or sumthin like that. ;)

Asayyeah
11th June 2008, 08:08 PM
Thx again for those nice words, friends :)
I ll do my best to offer to pilots such as i received by joining here.
:beer

BaldyCurly
13th June 2008, 08:13 AM
Good luck with the Degree Arnaud, look forwards to racing with you again soon my freind!

il_NIK
22nd June 2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for all, Arnaud.

Now I spent really few time here on the forum. Sometimes I only read the titles of threads thinking what I have to say, but my bad english and the few minutes on my hands stop me to write anything.
I remember very well all the times playing wipeout against Asa's ghosts (frustrating times) or writing or reading your threads.
I've found a lot of good people here, and, if you allow to me, a lot of friends.

This is a cool place to stay, thanks to Rob, Asa and all the moderators.

I remember first time I saw Asa's laptime on Def's site: Amazing, wow, incredible. Non-human times. And my "story" begun

Unfortunately my wipeout seasons like a serious pilot is ended and so my comparision with all of you.

Life and love take me and my time in other direction, but I will remember all of you, especially Arnaud but also Matthis, Stevie, Thom, Rob...a lot of you guys!

I'm sorry not to be now a good racer for you.

Please pardon me all my undecipherable posts!

I wish you the best, Arnaud.

Niko

Mad-Ice
29th June 2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Nicola,

You will always be a good racer! I am happy to have met you and I have missed you at the E.W.C. 2008 I hope I will see you again. Life and love taking you in another direction sounds if you are happy and that is superb. Enjoy your time and when you have some more time on your hands remember us and visit the zone some time, because I can understand you very well.

Great greetings Mad-Ice