PDA

View Full Version : PC version editable?

username
26th May 2008, 04:53 PM
I have never had the chance to use the PC version of the game, but for hose that hav, has anyone ever investagated the files?
I wish to know is the game editable, so for eg, i could change the length of time autpilotlasts, or damage of each of the weapons?

KIGO1987
27th May 2008, 12:45 AM
Ive got Wipeout 2097 for Windows '95. And it only works on Window's '95. Ive got XP and Vista and it will not install properly for some BS reason. But its a sweet version once you get it up and running on a computer that is compatable.

Would be easy to edit the settings on the game, i think.

Got any idea how i could get this game working on Windows Vista?

Darkdrium777
27th May 2008, 02:45 AM
On XP you should be able to set the compatibility to Windows 95. I heard this feature was also available in Vista, but it was broken (i.e. did not work).

rdmx
27th May 2008, 06:45 AM
It is possible to edit the colour of craft in the game by changing the colours of texture files. I am as of yet however currently unaware of how to make a change to in game code.

If you are having trouble getting it to work on PC, http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=1421 there is a slowdown patch in my files.

username
27th May 2008, 10:46 AM
i wouldnt bother to try n get it up on windows vista, but a bit of trial and error with XP may have a bit of luck

TheFrostE
28th May 2008, 06:53 PM
i think you should make an online multiplayer patch for the PC version....ok ok, its a long shot but that would be sickkkkkkk. whos with me?