PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 3, se and the Twin Pack release...

dadada_999
22nd May 2008, 05:26 PM
Hello, this is to do with several Wipeout games and releases, so feel free to move this post to a different forum if necessary.

I'm looking to buy a Wipeout game for my PSone, but I'm a little undecided as to which Wipeout game i should buy. The reviews suggest that Wipeout 2097 is the best Wipeout game and indeed one of the best games on the PS. However, Wipeout 3 obviously has improvements, better graphics and is a decidely successful sequel. Also, I have a British machine, so unless the normal edition of Wipeout 3 has unique qualities, i don't see why i shouldn't buy the special edition. Any suggestions?

Another thing is that the original special edition is rare and still fairly expensive; the cheapest decent copy i found is still around £20. I've found a much more affordable Twin Pack release with Wipeout 3 Special Edition packaged with Destruction Derby 2. Does anybody here possess a copy of Wipeout 3 se from this package? If so are there any differences between this copy and the original single release? I have never bought Twin Pack or bargain releases before, so i wouldn't know if they're exactly identical to the original copies or inferior in some way. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thx

Dave

TheFrostE
22nd May 2008, 06:35 PM
i think you should get 2097. even though i hate the soundtrack, i find the races, AI, and overall feel to be better than wip3out. obviously thats just my opinion, but if you get wip3out, you might as well get SE since you got PAL.

in the long run i think you should just buy the whole playstation series 1,2 and 3, then you can start picking and choosing which ones you like better. they are all fun in their own ways

Lance
22nd May 2008, 07:14 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the twin-pack release of SE is identical to the original.

Medusa
22nd May 2008, 07:53 PM
Yes - the only reason you may want to buy the original is that the disc labelling on the twin pack release is not as cool (black-and-white typing as opposed to cool graphic label). If you're picky about such things. Like some of us are...

Task
22nd May 2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, that twin pack release is exactly what you want.
3SE is 3SE, they're all the same. And it's definitely the biggest WO there ever was.
The content is gargantuan in size and quality.

Enjoy!