PDA

View Full Version : Where can the WO demonstration video be found?

Sugar_from_OTW
16th May 2008, 10:28 PM
I remember reading an interview of *someone* in the Edge many years ago, just before the release of wip3out. He mentions something about the demo that ran in the movie hackers. Does anyone have any info about the demo in the movie, and the supposed corrosponding tech demo that the studio had created around the same time.

I also remember in the same interview that it was commented on how differenently the AI flies compared to the player, ie at the start of the race where the craft will strafe towards the racing line. The guy in this interview said that he actally received a video from someone that was able to follow the end of the trail in the same way as the AI does. Does anyone know of this video, who made it, and if it still exists. I'd love to see it up on youtube.

Lance
16th May 2008, 11:01 PM
The video in hackers was not a playable demo, but was a full motion video created by Lee Carus, if I recall correctly [or was it Jim Bowers?], of Studio Liverpool. The players in the movie were just faking control inputs.

As to any video made by someone using a playable demo, I've not even heard of it, so I can't help you there.