PDA

View Full Version : Worst ship in Fusion: intended to be a poll

Vasudeva
24th July 2002, 12:01 PM
Hello all,

For a change: what do you think is the worst ship in Fusion? I would have liked to add a poll option to this topic, but I can't seem to remember how to do it, hmm... :o So, please respond here :D

Peace,
V.

infoxicated
24th July 2002, 07:27 PM
Sorry dude - Polls are disabled... in the first place to save bandwidth, but it has the added bonus of preventing newbies from starting a "What's your favourite team?" poll only four or five topics above the previous one! ;)

I think the worst ship has to be the G-Tech... absolutely no redeeming qualities - it's not aerodynamic and its "super" weapon is so pitiful it's tragic.

For me it's the worst of the low end teams - at least Van Uber goes at a decent rate and Fiesar is part of the heritage of the game. :)

Aurex Vorshade
24th July 2002, 09:18 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to fully upgrade all the crafts yet, but as far as I've played I hate Tigron the worst. The thing handles like it's flying through molasses.

Vasudeva
25th July 2002, 04:39 PM
Well, I think Van-Uber is the worst craft, having a combination of almost no weapon power and no shield power, plus a speed that's barely better than Feisar. G-Tech isn't exactly good either, actually. I would prefer Feisar over those two any day :D.

At least Tigron makes some decent speed, and has a good super weapon.

V.

Wiseman
26th July 2002, 07:56 AM
I would have to say that the Auricom is the worst.

It's like someone threw a brick down the track and expects you to control it. Not to mention the fact that it's fugly as hell.

If it had a decent top speed, or some decent looks, like the Icaras in 3 did, then it could redeem itself, but, alias, it does not, so it can go to the Wipeout scrapyard for all I care.

Worst to best

Auricom
G-Tech
Tigron
Feisar-Van Uber (tie)
Xios
Piranha
EG-r

(some names are probably mispelled, I know)

And yes, I know that statistically, the Piranha is better than the EG-r, however, it's just not as fun to control... it doesn't flow around the corners like the EG-r does, and changing the statistics doesn't seem to make any difference.

Wamdue
26th July 2002, 10:48 AM
the tigron, its got no speed and no decent handling. On second place is the auricom, although I kinda like the auricom design.. its one of the ship designs that stays almost the same for all upgrade levels.. unlike.. the XIOS wich looked really good in the beginning, but looks like some spaceship after full upgrade

rhys
26th July 2002, 11:17 AM
g tech has to be the worst...

it looks like a pink stick, and doesnt handle much better.

Sven
26th July 2002, 03:00 PM
G-tech, no question.
I have to defend my beloved Van-Uber though. It's wicked fast and handles well. If you're a good pilot and pit every lap (like me :wink: ), then the low shields aren't too much of a problem. It has an ok superweapon too.

Hellfire_WZ
26th July 2002, 06:26 PM
Easily G-Tech. It handles like the Titanic and its super weapon sucks too. At least Auricom is redeemed by the Orbital Laser.

stin
4th August 2002, 09:21 AM
VAN-HOOVER got to go cos its so brittle to handle (the pilot could have said to himself "this is so embarrising! need to join other ship like XIOS thats even better!")

the fishy thing! got to go too cos they are the murderous thing (sorry everyone who supports the fishy thing. not right for me)

g-tech as you know............

stin :wink:

DuraFlex
7th August 2002, 01:03 PM
don't like G-tech, although the AG Systems was my favourite team in the previous games, to bad they let it out.

also I just can't seem to handle the Auricom craft, call it a lack of skill :oops:

jmoid
8th August 2002, 08:40 PM
don't like G-tech, although the AG Systems was my favourite team in the previous games, to bad they let it out.

amen to that!

zaarock
9th August 2002, 06:30 AM
van uber its challenges are very hard it blows almost alvays up in the challenges

wipeout_addiction
22nd January 2003, 12:35 AM
i'd say Van Uber is prolly the worst since it can barely stay in the game one lap, even after it's sheilds are fully upgraded.

Tigron one of the worst?! That's the only ship I use now, its handling is very good, you just have to turn a lot earlier and after awhile you'll grow to love it.

Task
23rd January 2003, 04:37 AM
Okay, there are a couple people here who appear to be a little confused:

Foxy: Van-Uber? Decent rate? How do these two terms end up together?

Vasudeva: The Van-Uber isn't "barely better than a Feisar", it's _worse_ than a Feisar! Hands down! No contest!

Van-Uber is the slowest craft in the game, AND it's got the worst sheilding, too! If it's got anything going for it, it's that it's the lightest craft there is. And I fail to see how that's a good thing. Sure, it can accellerate to its top speed faster than anything else, but that's because it doesn't have a top speed worth mentioning. Heck, _I_ can accellerate to my top speed really fast, it's not a "good thing". 8 P

Van-Uber suxxors...

infoxicated
23rd January 2003, 08:09 AM
Good points, well made. :)

Task
23rd January 2003, 05:26 PM
8 ) Well, we can't have people being confused about WO now, can we?
It's important to understand the forces that produce such extreme suckage.
Just as nature abhors the vaccuum, I abhor the Van-Uber. 8 D

Yuret
24th January 2003, 08:53 PM
I'd say tigron mainly because not only is it horrible to handle but its also horrible racing against it at the start of a race when you slam into the tigron barrier being smashed on both sides by them, gradually draining your shields. Its only when youre past them that they throw a horrible nitro rocket at you...then its game over.

foxfoil
3rd April 2003, 09:03 AM
hahaha, unlucky about the tigron barrier ^^

well for now i have to say that Gtech and Auricom are a personnal tie for worst ship, but i havnt played the game enough to be sure of it. I mainly think so because i'm more a fan of smooth handling ships, nice and swift. but what is good with auricom and Gtech is that you can go through a race and never pit, and just blast thhe opposition little by little.

Brother Laz
4th April 2003, 08:09 AM
Rememberance of that very old PC racing game, Fatal Racing. With all damage full and in Impossible difficulty + Dr Death cheat code, I'd run into the 'Global Engineering wall' oh so many times. Them ramming me into those special walls that bounced you back upside down flying over the road (how does that work anyway?) and then pingpong between the walls on either side of the track was not very good (trans: instant contender eliminated).

Or worse: getting hit from behind by the Reise Wagens. They were the fastest cars, and also the heaviest, and they loved to push you along causing massive damage very quickly and pushing you past the pit lane and usually killing you that way.

I always thought competitors should be more agressive in Wipeout races, but physically, not just with weapons at extreme range. In Fatal Racing, when you stopped in the pit lane, they loved to come down upon you and ram you out of the pit lane at 300 kph causing you more damage than you'd have healed in the first place. When the lead driver of a team was in a good spot, the #2 would actually turn around and go the wrong way to cause accidents and slow down other drivers and hopefully kill them to help his lead driver and rack up some elimination points. 16 cars, 3 lives per car, more than enough fatality fodder. :)

'Auto Ariel 2 to Ariel 1. I got a few guys here who need a lesson. I'm taking them out!'

Vasudeva
9th April 2003, 08:56 AM
Yo Brotha ;)

I actually don't think the CPU opponents should be more agressive. I find that an extremely agressive CPU spoils much of the fun. Imagine yourself getting close to a perfect racing time and then alluva sudden there's a nasty ship slamming your sides and sending you rocketing against the walls... and you can't even help it! It's happened enough in wipEout Fusion (or Rollcage, for that matter) that I was flying a good race but then suddenly it got spoiled by a CPU deciding to act nasty.

Or perhaps there should be an "alterable" violence level?

Peace,
V.

Piranha Advancements
10th April 2003, 05:42 PM
Like most said,G-Tech or a Van-Uber.They get wiped easily in a race.Love and hate the Tigron,like a "bricker" Qirex but every Wipeout has the stock "slow but tough" ship so if you're good at using it,then you've cleared it's biggest hurdle.