PDA

View Full Version : Airbrake use: looking for tips :)

blixabargeld
14th May 2008, 08:22 PM
In these last two days I'm really getting into the first amazing WipeOut, (psp version) but I'm a bit disappointed/confused about airbrake implementation. They seem to work differently from following wipeout games, and i find hard to see difference between a turn with and a turn without. It is possible that they've been disabled in the psp port, or maybe just moved to other buttons?
It's maybe a very dumb question, but could someone explain me how to use airbrakes effectively?
(I should say that Im racing only at venom class, and for now I can go trough all the tracks without braking with my ag-sys)

thanks in advance

cheers:)

stin
14th May 2008, 08:43 PM
I`m a bit drunk!, but, I would recommend to use Original Playstation 1 rather than PSP and you will see the big difference if you use neggy.

stevie:)

Asayyeah
14th May 2008, 09:40 PM
Bruno i think it's a matter of the secret menu of Wipeout psp : you need to press home while in the game and you can access to different options like setting your airbrakes and resizing the screen.
Sorry i didn't own anymore the 1st Wipeout on psp, i lost it with that shitty ps store bug i had recently so informations may be partially correct.

lunar
14th May 2008, 09:50 PM
I think Arnaud is correct. You need to load the game then press Home, then "assign buttons" then "type 2".

Definitely agree with Stevie, it`s fun on PSP but an original PS1 disk and a Negcon is the best way to play.

blixabargeld
15th May 2008, 11:35 AM
thanks to everyone, that's why ag sys and feisare were the only ships which could be used!! :dizzy
now everything works fine and the game ain't so hard as it seemed before..
thanks again :)

PS: i recently bought also the psone version, but the old console decided that was the time for a long strike.. :P but the game on the psp isn't bad, considering that I haven't got a neggie still..