PDA

View Full Version : Wip3out on PS3

meyot
10th May 2008, 09:33 PM
Hello,

I tried Wip3out on a PS3 60Go, and the game work good until the start, then the screen freeze with a big glich. Do you have the same problem ? because sony say the game working good : http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcGames.htm ?
Thx
Sorry I speak english very bad :frown:

mdhay
11th May 2008, 07:01 AM
You may have SCES01909.

AG-wolf
11th May 2008, 09:05 AM
is that the one with the authenticity checking or whatever? freezes right when you pass the start line/laser? Someone made a patch for it, but until you can run backups on a PS3 I guess it's neither here nor there.

meyot
11th May 2008, 10:11 AM
You're right I have SCES01909 (original disck, not a backup) The game freeze 2 second after course start.
There's an other edition the SCES-02845, is it W3 SE or an other serie of W3?
Does WE SE work good on PS3 ?
Thx

mdhay
11th May 2008, 10:17 AM
02845 Is Wip3out
Short answer: 3SE doesn't work.

AG-wolf
11th May 2008, 06:00 PM
mdhay; I think you may have them mixed up. 02845 is WO3SE, I'm looking at those numbers on the instruction manual literally as I type this. And when I put the WO3pal ("Wip3out") disc in the drive, it has "SCES_019.09" in the list of files.

Over the past few days I've sat and converted every version of wipeout for PSX to work on my PSP, and the only one that gave me any trouble was "Wip3out" SCES-01909. It would freeze at the beginning of every race after you crossed the start line due to the way the copy protection code was programmed. The PSP may not emulate all of the original PSX's routines and therefore when the game didn't get any data that satisfied the copy protection, it just shut down. Someone made a patch to circumvent the protection (available here: Link (http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches_w.shtml) ) with an unnecessary PAL/NTSC switch... unnecessary because PAL games run like garbage when forced into NTSC mode :P This patch made the game run fine on my PSP (no crashes), but obviously you can't make the PS3 run copied games.

Since the PS3 doesn't have the original PSX hardware inside, and does everything by emulation, that could be the same thing that was happenning with my PSP. And since WO3SE "SCES-02845" worked without fail on my PSP, I'd wager a guess that it doesn't have the disabling copy protection of the other version.

Darkdrium777
11th May 2008, 10:34 PM
I have Wip3out SE running perfectly fine on my PSP and I have applied the PAL to NTSC fix. The only "problem" is some screen misalignement (A black bar showing at the top of the screen), but that's because I don't understand the numbering thingy to realign the picture. Otherwise it works really well.

AG-wolf
12th May 2008, 02:44 AM
WO3SE runs fine on the PSP without patching, the image is just squished slightly (I actually posted about it here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4711))... with enough tinkering I figured out if you force 3SE to run in NTSC mode, the image stretches off the top/bottom of the screen, and doesn't run at the proper speed- therefore it's not reliable for time trial practice ;P You need to run it in its native display mode.

metalpancake
1st October 2008, 11:43 PM
I have the new 80gb ps3, and have the same problem. btw, how do you convert ps1 games for the psp? I'd love to play 2097 on it.
Can you do it with a psx iso?

mdhay
2nd October 2008, 03:02 PM
Read the guidelines lately?

Task
3rd October 2008, 06:16 AM
The original question has been answered, so to avoid this thread going in the wrong direction I'm closing it.

Nothing to see here, move along...