PDA

View Full Version : Custom Soundtrack problems

Jester
9th May 2008, 07:07 PM
I know there are topics on this, but I didn't find anything to help me there. Besides, most of them are locked. So, please, hear me out.
The game sees the songs I put, all of them, but it doesn't play them all. Some of them work fine, but the others - it's eithr silence, or hickups, with no music. Why? All the songs are the same - MP3's, 128 kps, 44.100 khz.. The FW is 3.71.

omega329
9th May 2008, 07:14 PM
Checklist:
Where are they saved?
Do they play in the XMB?
What codec are they?
Where did you get them from?
Have you formatted your Memory stick?

Darkdrium777
10th May 2008, 01:52 AM
The music has to be placed in ms0:\MUSIC\WIPEOUT and has to be encoded in MP3 44.100 kHz stereo (Unsure if mono works) at any bitrate for it to work (got some from, 128kbps up to 192kbps). If your doesn't work, it probably doesn't meet all the required parameters. Check again and recheck.

DJ Techno
10th May 2008, 04:53 AM
I need to know about this question.

But Instead of buy the Sony PSP media package for 20 bucks.

How do i get it simple to be recognized and play on download music tracks from my computer music folders and to the psp save file.

then later, follow the same steps to play custom tracks on pulse.
but i use only mp3 formats and WMA formats.

and use the lowest kps for each song. so the batter life stays longer.

Jester
10th May 2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah, well, like I said ALL the songs (both the ones that work, and those that don't) are MP3's, 128 kps bitrate, 44.100 khz, Stereo 2 channels. The game sees all the tracks, so the placement is correct (drive:/MUSIC/WIPEOUT). I haven't formatted the memstick, though... Will it help? I mean the songs work, just not all of them.

mdhay
10th May 2008, 05:19 PM
Move all of your files first.

omega329
10th May 2008, 07:11 PM
Read this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4874&page=3) thread for instructions on how to format your memory stick without losing your data

Darkdrium777
10th May 2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough :|
Formatting the memory stick might help, but if the file can play successfully in the XMB, that probably is not the problem. Try naming the files differently, and editing their ID3 tags. The game reads the song info from the ID3 tags anyways, so the songs can be named 01.MP3, 02.MP3, 03.MP3 as far as I'm concerned. If that doesn't work, try converting the files to a MP3 with LAME enc. I suggest Audacity, it is free, great software, etc. and it can do MP3 with LAME enc.dll if you locate it (You have to download it separately though, and since I'm away from my house on dial up (I feel your pain Lance), I cannot give links because it takes too long to load... gah.) It will ask you to locate the .dll on your computer when you select export to MP3 under the file menu, just browse to the area where the .dll is. ;)

I can't think of anything else other than a naming problem or some MP3 encoder the game does not recognise... :/

omega329
11th May 2008, 06:41 PM
This (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4874) guy's problems were sorted by formatting, he could play songs in the XMB.

AG-wolf
12th May 2008, 01:28 PM
Try to find out if your memory stick is genuine or not. This link is a guide that eBay put together (http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-MagicGate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001236041) that helps identify most currently known fake memory sticks. I have a knock-off memory stick myself, and every once in a while it will cut out on me when I'm transferring files or accessing it with my computer. When I'm playing pulse and it's using songs in my custom playlist, they'll sometimes skip or stop in the middle of a song, and I can almost guarantee myself it's because of my memory stick.

mdhay
12th May 2008, 03:34 PM
I beleive I own a "real" stick. I'll upload a pic of how s*** they are soon.