PDA

View Full Version : WO3 NTSC-U/C game manual douchebaggery

AG-wolf
8th May 2008, 08:31 PM
I just noticed this... look carefully.
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9031/wo3manualgq9.jpg

omega329
8th May 2008, 08:36 PM
Whaaa? there all mixed up? Does this mean that the teams we love are just thin shells over the true inner team beneath? This changes all my morals!

Albino Ace
8th May 2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, that...I thought you found something else. :P

Yes, the logos have always been mixed up inside the booklet. Shortly after, I learned to just rely on the little names, not logos, to match the stats.

So, Piranha does NOT have a 5 for speed, 2 for mobility and 2 for shield. That's Icaras. :lol

Lance
8th May 2008, 10:21 PM
127 kilobytes of image file is 254 percent bigger than allowed. This rule has been covered in public exposition very thoroughly. This is the rule as shown in the general list of guidelines:
"Don't post images > 50k in size - post a link to them instead so that folk on a slow connection or viewing the board with a mobile device can at least make a choice of whether to view them or not. Do not post a series of small images if the total size of all images is more than 50 Kilobytes - it's better to post one and add the rest as attachments or links. Breaking this rule will currently lead to a 48hr ban."

The link to the list is: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

rdmx
9th May 2008, 02:40 AM
Oh, I thought that it was the 'pirhana (sic) advance' logo that was cut off.

RJ O'Connell
15th May 2008, 02:44 AM
Even at nine when I got it as a birthday gift, that was about the dumbest goof I'd seen in a game manual.

Which is why I don't rely on instruction manuals that much anymore unless I just totally forget how to play something (F-Zero X?)

Kscorps
30th September 2008, 03:40 AM
I couldn't play F-Zero X after overplaying GX. It just felt too damn slow.
Getting back on topic, how dare they mix up Icaras and Pirhana!

TearsToShreds
30th September 2008, 08:55 PM
Qirex, in the booklet, is pretty much described like the way it is today. Heh.

RJ O'Connell
30th September 2008, 11:38 PM
Back in the days when Top Speed was everything and Thrust was negligible...

Xavier
7th March 2009, 11:38 AM
I just got the Japanese version, and that manual seems to have fixed these errors. (It's also a very beautiful manual.)

Velocitar64
7th March 2009, 02:03 PM
One i found was in the map for Stanzer Inter, it looks like there is a road seperate to the other one (A shortcut that doesn't exist).

WolfKill01
28th March 2009, 11:36 PM
I thought it was just my copy. Oh well.