PDA

View Full Version : PSP/PS3 intergration?

omega329
8th May 2008, 04:40 PM
The PS3 game Lair featured the ability to play it on a psp, this was achived by the PS3 rendering the individual frames and then streaming them to the PSP via remote play. Seeing as the PSP seems perfectly adequate to play wipeout on, would any one here enjoy having this feature on a future wipeout game?

mdhay
8th May 2008, 05:10 PM
No, but I would for Kula World, MGS1 and Colony Wars: Red Sun.

Xavier
26th May 2008, 02:28 PM
I would do this without question (given, mind you, that I actually had a PS3, which I don't). I can't stand squinting at that tiny screen and suspect that my times would improve dramatically on a full-size TV!

(Any recommendations for new TVs that don't take two tenths of a second to register button presses from a connected PSP? Very disappointing to find out that racing games are ruined by the lag when connected with those cables.)

TheFrostE
26th May 2008, 02:57 PM
as long as the TV isnt LCD or anything like that, a standard HD crt or flat screen will run with no delays on the button presses. we clarified this at the tournament in vermont earlier this year

Avenger2197
29th May 2008, 06:15 AM
I could see it being used as a "Look what i can do with my PSP!" kind of thing, but i can't see it's practical application much. But, hell, it might be fun.:)

P52Smith
29th May 2008, 02:01 PM
If I had a PS3 and a 200x PSP, I would use this idea, but I don't, so I can only wish for it.

Asayyeah
31st May 2008, 04:52 PM
(Any recommendations for new TVs that don't take two tenths of a second to register button presses from a connected PSP? Very disappointing to find out that racing games are ruined by the lag when connected with those cables.)
I agree with you that micro delay of response is such an annoying thing, i have it with my lcd, except what FrostE said i can't see any other possibilities :(
Following what Travis said Al (Jabberjaw) got a flat screen with component IN , HD ready but looking like an old crt : in that case it has no delay : FrostE playing it did a zone + 60 on it easily ( ermm if we can say that reaching 60 is an easy task) :g

TheFrostE
31st May 2008, 05:04 PM
lol thats funny you should say that arnaud, cuz at my house i do have an LCD HD so i have the delay, but im so used to it that i can still reach about zone 65 everytime on a few tracks. i cant tell the difference betweens Als TV that i used or my own.