PDA

View Full Version : Pulse on PS2 now official!

Pages : [1] 2

ColdRem'S
7th May 2008, 05:14 PM
Like said in the title, Wo Pulse has officially been announced on PS2. The release date is scheduled to be on the 3rd of september.
I'm sorry for all of those who have bought a PSP for this game :-

Axel
7th May 2008, 05:18 PM
Whats the point? Waste of time and resources I think.

Rubix42
7th May 2008, 05:22 PM
Not that I'm disbelieving your post at all, but can you link to the announcement? I just checked Wipeout-game and wipeoutpulse websites and did not see this anywhere.

I also checked the bigger news outlets, IGN, Kotaku, Joystiq, gamespot and nothing. Plus, the idea seems pretty random, why make Wipeout HD and then port a PSP game to the PS2? Why wouldn't they just make a PS3 retail disc with more stuff than HD is going to contain.

ColdRem'S
7th May 2008, 05:25 PM
Well, here's the link on this French site:

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-pulse-daxter-annonces-ps2-actu-138932.html

I have to precise it is this site that has announced the 29th of May as release date for WoHD.
In general, it is a quite reliable site.

And as for the point: do you know how many Ps2 have been sold worldwide? It's much easier to earn money on PS2 than on PSP!

Vincent_VII
7th May 2008, 05:52 PM
Yes! I normally hate cross platform releases from PSP to PS2 but this could mean neGcon support! Pulse with neGcon = win!

Rubix42
7th May 2008, 06:03 PM
Word, thanks for the link! I'm sold, I'm really loving Pulse, and the component to TV out doesn't quite work right enough for a game this fast.

lunar
7th May 2008, 06:05 PM
Agreed, Vincent. Online play would be double the win. But those things are probably long-shots and simply playing Pulse on a good TV from the comfort of my armchair and without squinting and getting a headache is good enough. If confirmed by Sony that`s 3 wipeout releases in less than a year - Happy days. :)

jklasdf
7th May 2008, 06:14 PM
hmmmm.....an interesting idea. it would be kool if you could copy ur save file from ur psp to ur ps2 memcard and then continue where u left off:P and then you could copy it back to ur psp and take ur game out somewhere.

....actually....that would rock!! :D

Sausehuhn
7th May 2008, 06:31 PM
Hm.
They should give the game a few bug fixes before ;)
And add ruble of course!

kanar
7th May 2008, 06:50 PM
Wow... Can't imagine that... Wipeout Pulse Ps2 online competitions (hopefully got the 60gb ps2 compatible ps3), Wipeout Pulse PSp online competitions & WipeOut HD online competitions...My ohh my great WipeOut future!!!!

Vincent_VII
7th May 2008, 06:58 PM
Even without online support I would be perfectly happy with split screen and/or network support.

What would be really nice is if PS2 players could play PSP players online. :D

Lance
7th May 2008, 07:34 PM
}Holds off on counting chickens.{ :D

Ash-Omen
8th May 2008, 01:45 AM
wow dint see this coming, wont be as good as the psp version tho as the game takes advantage of the psp's features like screenshots, custom skins and custom soundtracks. Also i think they've killed PS2's online play so wont have that, probly have all the DLC on it tho, be nice to see wat kind of laptimes ppl can get on the ps2 version compared to the psp even tho there probly wont be a way of uploading them

AG-wolf
8th May 2008, 02:46 AM
absolutely awesome. My hands cramp up playing handhelds other than GameGear or Nomad... maybe now I'll finally be decent at Pulse since it's on a normal screen with a regular controller :P

Wish they had done this with Pure ;_; Pure > Pulse in my book.

DawnFireDragoon
8th May 2008, 11:40 AM
wow, i really hope this is true, i just sold my psp (not a huge fan of portable gaming and it had very few games i wanted) but i still own a ps2, still love it and wont even think about buying a ps3 until final fantasy xiii shows up, the slimline model is released and they decide to stop screwing us europeans with pricing. but pulse on the ps2 would be good.

i agree about wishing they'd done it with pure too! now that would really make my day!

omega329
8th May 2008, 04:46 PM
Honestly, I really think it should have been done with pure instead...

EDIT: whoops! only read page one! I agree with AG-wolf and emerald dragoon

Vincent_VII
8th May 2008, 05:42 PM
^ that gives me an idea - a pure/pulse PS2 double game pack release. Oh yeah.

DJ Techno
8th May 2008, 08:14 PM
Like said in the title, Wo Pulse has officially been announced on PS2. The release date is scheduled to be on the 3rd of september.
I'm sorry for all of those who have bought a PSP for this game :-

hmmm maybe you should have been at the tournament in the USA?
but the pulse going to be on ps2
that isn't to big either...

blixabargeld
8th May 2008, 08:53 PM
Wow, like they did (scee) for syphon filter dark mirror. really looking forward for the day..:)

Rapier Racer
8th May 2008, 10:09 PM
This is great now come September I'm going to stop playing HD so I can have PS2 Pulse which features:

No custom soundtrack
No custom ship skins
No online play
Probably overpriced I mean why not the packs were rape
Negcon support? Are you guys serious? No chance

Sausehuhn
8th May 2008, 10:11 PM
You forgot something: it's not Pure!!

;)

Rapier Racer
8th May 2008, 10:13 PM
lol yes theres also that small issue.

DawnFireDragoon
8th May 2008, 10:25 PM
i can live without most of those things, except custom soundtrack as playing cold storage while racing pulse was awesome.

but so many people won't have a ps3, whereas so many own a ps2. whoever made this call deserves a handshake, it's a great idea and something people who enjoy wipeout on consoles will be grateful for, especially if they don't have a ps3/can't afford one yet.

there's no real downside.

september will be fun. :g

Lance
8th May 2008, 10:31 PM
As RR says [more or less ;) ], neGcon support is so statistically unlikely to occur that I say with considerable confidence that it just ain't gonna happen.

But having the game on the PS2 will be so cool that I will actually buy a PS2 at my first financially viable opportunity.

lunar
8th May 2008, 11:12 PM
Great news that, Lance, get you back on the track :)

The chances of racing you online are low, I`d think. I played PS2 PES 2008 online not too long ago, and there were around 100,000 players ranked (not going to reveal mine) so I think PS2 online play might just still be possible, but whether it would be considered worthwhile for Sony is another issue.

Lance
8th May 2008, 11:58 PM
My former neighbor had one of the little slim PS2s; it sat on the bottom shelf of a black-painted shelf unit in a dark room. Finding those tiny little buttons on the front of it was more time-consuming than necessary.

I want one of the big consoles, something more manly; that's not afraid to have big buttons and to use more POWER.

Something with a Pulse. :D

specialDFX
9th May 2008, 04:13 AM
Wonder how they'll handle graphics? Pulse is a pretty game, but I wonder if it'll be upgraded/upscaled.

Online play on PS3 a possibility?

I can almost guarantee online play on PS2 won't happen.

rdmx
9th May 2008, 04:53 AM
What are the chances that they could bundle wipeout pure and wipeout pulse into one disc?
A DVD could definitely handle it.
Never going to happen regardless of space though :rolleyes:

lunar
9th May 2008, 07:53 AM
I want one of the big consoles, something more manly; that's not afraid to have big buttons and to use more POWER.
:lol

You might know this, but if you get a fatty PS2 make sure you see it load a few different games a few times. Mine would load some games and not others before I gave up with it. A lot of the older ones have issues which I think are down to unreliable lasers, though they sure are big manly lasers when they work. :)

blixabargeld
9th May 2008, 08:33 AM
the same happened to me, and i was obliged to get a slim ps2 just to play gt4 and the old games..

omega329
9th May 2008, 04:02 PM
strange, my manly PS2 plays Gran Tourismo 4 perfectly, I've never had problems (the network adapter I've got sticking out the back was the best £17 I have ever spent, EVER.)

Lance
9th May 2008, 05:18 PM
Let's not get distracted from the actual topic. It might be a good idea to have a topic of advice on how to buy used gaming equipment, issues that the old consoles have that should be watched for, etc. I may start one later today, but right now, I don't have time to pick out such posts from this thread and put them into a new one, which might be the best way to start it

And now, back to Pulse on PS2>

blixabargeld
9th May 2008, 05:20 PM
it was just a lens problem, maybe just caused by dust.. I'm not the only person I know whose ps2 ceased to read movie-dvd, games on cd rom, high-storage- capacity-dvd (such as gt4) and old psone games. the best issue at the time was to get a brand new console.. (not to mention that I've preowned gt4 six months before the release date, and finally I was not able to play it!!:brickwall)

Edit: sorry lance, we posted at the same time..

The Gracer
11th May 2008, 10:17 AM
Wow....i disappear for a few months and look what happens!

It seems everyone is up in arms about pulse...ill leave it there, im afraid saying anything will start everyone on a huge rant..

I think a pulse port to PS2 is a good idea, it will bring the game out of its handhold-ey limitations. Personally, i dont like the PSP in terms of comfort - i prefer using an analog stick over a d-pad but the 'nub' the PSP features is too awkward for me to use well, so the ability to use a real stick is a big thumbs up for me.

On the other hand, all these so called flaws everyone is so brushed-up-the-wrong-way about might become more apparent. Ill leave it there - i dont want to kick up dust where it isnt welcome. :)

Mad-Ice
11th May 2008, 11:07 AM
Last year I traded my manly ps2 for a N64 with Wipeout. My ps2 was so old and bad, it didn't play any game after gt3, no dvd's and Fusion was not worthy enough to keep my ps2.

Now, that I hear that Pulse is coming to ps2 I might even buy another ps2 again. Maybe play some Fusion again, I said maybe, lol. But I will certainly play SSX tricky again and Timesplitters.

Pulse on ps2 will be selling very good I think, only because there are so many ps2's in the world. That is the sole reason Pulse is going to ps2. Evolutionary wise in controls, Pulse on ps2 will fall in between the ps1 NeGcon and the ps3 sixaxis. So we will get a game without a good controller support. I wonder if we even get the possibility to link our ps2's? I really hope ps2 pulse will get online support too, even if it means it can't communicate with psp. The online lounge will be much more filled.

I hope Wipeoutzone will support recordtables for Pulse ps2!

All in all I think Pulse coming to ps2 is cool, the ps2 deserves another Wipeout version. But why not Pure?

lunar
11th May 2008, 12:42 PM
But I will certainly play SSX tricky again and Timesplitters.

When I got my not back-compatible PS3, I kept my slim PS2 incase I should ever need it again, and SSX Tricky was the only PS2 game I didn`t want to sell. The inferior 3rd installment with "Radio Big" went on Ebay. I just couldn`t sell Tricky; I love it too much. When I finally make it to a Wipeout gathering I will be hoping for a split screen Garibaldi challenge....

I did keep Fusion too, though not because I love it of course. It`s great that the PS2 will finally get a good Wipeout.

I hope Wipeoutzone will support recordtables for Pulse ps2!

me too! I guess as you say the control will be limited to Dualshock 2`s, but at least that will be the same for all.

I think link cables would be a great idea, but I`m not sure that Slims can link, they may be more anti-social than Fatties. I`m not sure about that. I think split screen would be amazing too. Motorstorm 2 is going to have 4-player split screen so maybe this will bring it back into fashion, and if there`s no online play it would be great to have some form of multiplayer if possible.

Frances_Penfold
11th May 2008, 01:29 PM
But why not Pure?

Maybe because Pure's sales were very good (>1 million units worldwide) but Pulse tanked :(

I agree with others in this thread, the only reason we may be getting Pulse PS2 is because it's a quality game (we may debate its merits but it's clearly several steps above the typical PSP game) that undersold on the PSP. The PS2 has a broader install base, is not so broadly pirated and is straightforward to port to from the PSP-- no doubt Sony's hope is to recover some lost revenue.

Not that this still isn't good news for us :nod I'm just doubtful about the efforts that will be made to optimize the game for the PS2 (alternate controller support, online, etc.) Hopefully I am wrong about this though!

Mad-Ice
11th May 2008, 05:29 PM
You are on Lunar! Garibaldi on it's way. So my friend I will finally meet you next year, lol. Germany will be the country then, around this time of year in may! E.W.C. 2009; I will bring a PS2, two TV's, PULSE FOR PS2 (isn't it great that this psp game is coming out on the ps2!!?), and SSX Tricky of course.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Lance
11th May 2008, 07:12 PM
Another nice thing about a PS2 version is that there's no mucking about with the firmware.

Rapier Racer
11th May 2008, 07:45 PM
I can't help but feel this way, I mean wheres my job at Sony towers? This thread shouldn't be like this, it should be Pulse on PSP now official.

Who made the decision to put Pulse on PSP and not PS2 anyway? I think someone thought they could milk a lot of extra money out of players by putting it on PSP so they could offer extra content not realizing they could have made a bomb (neeh neeh boom) in the first place if it was on the PS2.

I didn't realize Pulse "Tanked" I thought it did ok, can't expect it to be like Pures sales can we? What does it bring to the table that Pure didn't have already, other than infrastructure which would have been better on a console!

RJ O'Connell
11th May 2008, 08:20 PM
It may be a port-over, but it's long overdue that a Wipeout game is available on a normal console.

AG-wolf
12th May 2008, 02:51 AM
Pure probably sold so well because it was a launch title for the PSP; by the time Pulse came out, people lost interest... that, and Pulse is terrible in comparison :P

Hopefully the PS2 version of Pulse will be compatible with HDloader, because i'm not wasting my PS2's laser's life any more than I have to.

JABBERJAW
12th May 2008, 01:48 PM
They didn't advertise it at all, very poor. It could easily have sold more if some sort of advertising occured.

cybrpnk
12th May 2008, 11:29 PM
so er...any news on when Pusle gets released for the PS2? Don't really have time to look through the history of this thread...at work at the moment and have to keep things brief...

lunar
13th May 2008, 08:35 AM
September 3rd was the date quoted in the rumours, but I guess it`s all rumours at the moment.

Asayyeah
13th May 2008, 06:10 PM
We discussed a lot about that topic : Why not a port of Pure or Pulse on ps2, it was months ago, i was pretty desesperated not understanding obscures marketing plan of SCEE concerning Wipeout franchise. Hopefully they think of Pulse's port for a release date around early september : fine with me but please invest in a decent campaign of commercials to let people knows that game is existing. And not only thinking the hundred million of ps2 owners will be enough to plan maximum sales...

I ll buy one NTSC Pulse to fit with my slim ntsc ps2 and be very happy that game will be released soon : please SL ask Namco to let you use the Negcon code and spend a bit more time adjusting it for ps2 Pulse : that would be awesome. You can do it : it worths :nod

Rapier Racer
15th May 2008, 08:09 PM
If I bought this, will it work on my PS3 thats what I want to know.

RJ O'Connell
15th May 2008, 11:19 PM
Not immediately. Probably within the next software update.

jmoid
22nd May 2008, 11:47 PM
I imagine there's some chance of online play; admittedly I haven't checked recent releases, but a lot of PS2 games that included it seemed to be being released prior to the PS3 coming out.

Darkdrium777
23rd May 2008, 03:15 AM
A lot of games have online play on PS2, the name wasn't established as PSN though at the time and it also wasn't a unified service like it is now. I doubt PULSE on PS2 would have no online.

Rapier Racer
23rd May 2008, 05:42 PM
I thought the PS2 simply couldn't play games online anymore since it's not set up for the PSN?

omega329
23rd May 2008, 05:47 PM
Oh, I play Battlefeild 2 modern combat on mine all the time. Hardware: online arena works as well as many others.

Rapier Racer
23rd May 2008, 07:23 PM
Ooohh so I wonder the reason for no online will be then.

Xavier
1st June 2008, 02:11 PM
Being able to use the NeGcon on the pS2 would be amazing!

They still haven't released the Japanese version yet, so maybe that edition might have the bonus material included. I don't know anyone who buys games online in Japan; there's already a thriving used game market and I can't see people paying for something that they can never sell. Let's hope that at least one market gets the full proper treatment.

TheFrostE
1st June 2008, 03:17 PM
are there really going to be a lot of non collectors playing this game, especially with HD around the corner, or if you have it for PSP?

actually maybe if you dont have a ps3 yet...buttttt i dunno, it better not be more than 30 $ for the sakes of you guys that are going to buy it

Frances_Penfold
1st June 2008, 10:35 PM
The PS2 is near the end of its lifespan but it has a HUGE installed user base, and until very recently, had the best software sales amongst the "Playstation Family," as Sony likes to call it :)

Since porting Wipeout Pulse to the PS2 is presumably a fairly quick and easy job, Sony is probably just hoping that the sales are worth the effort at this point. Certainly Wipeout Pulse was a game that undersold, given its merits.

BTW, we still don't REALLY have official word from Sony about a PS2 port, right?

Lance
1st June 2008, 11:31 PM
I wouldn't presume that back-porting to an old console would be easy.

Vincent_VII
2nd June 2008, 12:45 AM
Lance, from what I understand, the PSP and PS2 are very similar in power and architecture. A port should not be difficult. The graphics and effects might take a hit but the framerate and gameplay should be similar.

I just hope Pulse gets a release in the States for PS2. Considering how poorly it sold on PSP here. :(

Lance
2nd June 2008, 12:34 PM
I don't think that they are similar in architecture. And I think that their near-equivalence in power is achieved in different ways. Aaaaaand :D I don't think that modification of software even on the same machine is ever really simple. This is all, of course, just my partially informed opinion.

infoxicated
2nd June 2008, 01:25 PM
A port should not be difficult.
Lets hope not - SL only had two people on it, and one of them is Welsh! ;)

eLhabib
2nd June 2008, 01:40 PM
tehehehe ;)

omega329
2nd June 2008, 07:04 PM
Oh! Official now! Rob's let it loose!
BTW, I'm half welsh, 'tis awesome!

Lance
2nd June 2008, 07:04 PM

Hey! Most of my ancestors are Welsh [more properly, Cymraig].

Rapier Racer
2nd June 2008, 07:07 PM
Hmm I remember hearing that developing PSP games wasn't drastically different to PS2 ones.

Oh boy I suddenly have a lot of faith that this port is going to turn out superawsome. :donut

TheFrostE
2nd June 2008, 07:50 PM
only two people working on porting it, wont that take a while??

rdmx
3rd June 2008, 06:50 AM
Chances are the programming language is fairly similar though, and most of the in game logic code can be pretty much copied. however the graphics make take a bit of work because I imagine the two systems have somewhat different ways of doing things graphic-wise.

Take this with a grain of salt, I know nothing about porting.:dizzy

Ricanebleu
5th June 2008, 08:01 AM
It has been a while since my last post. I just didn’t have time for it. I have seen the thread from the beginning , checking from time to time to see what more news and opinions you have come up with,
I’m surprised why no one has thought about one particular and very itchy aspect of the PSP version of Pulse: the DLC.
I think it would be a great idea to put on the PS2 disc a particular code let’s say, resembling the small file that you download first into your computer in order to be able to download a demo in to your PSP. So you put the disc in a PC, connect to PSN and you are recognized as ok for download thanks to that code. In this way the price of the DLC could be linked to the price of the PS2 Pulse disc, Sony would get the money he wants, and the many that don’t have a credit card would finally get the so long awaited DLC . What do you think ?

Darkdrium777
5th June 2008, 08:05 AM
I think it's a bad idea. Why? Because we would have to pay.
Now I'm going to ask you one question: do you want to work for Sony, or are you a normal customer who is sick of paying for everything?
I hope you choose number 2. For your own sake. It would be very bad if you were thinking about some mega corporation before thinking about yourself and others like you ;)

Ricanebleu
5th June 2008, 08:37 AM
Lol I’m just a wipeout freak who really wants those packs , especially the Icaras , but he can’t because he doesn’t have a credit card and also no one he knows. I just think it would be a compromise, having all the packs + the game it is a lot . I doubt that Sony won’t make an offer for the entire package so in a way we might end up paying even less then it is on line. I don’t know what I’m saying here. Probably it isn’t the best solution for everyone but for me and I believe for many others would be a way to get those damn packs.
I just can’t wait to see this baby ingame : http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iar80wt0.jpg

EDIT : Of course I would LOOOVE to have them without having to pay but it seems Sony doesn’t have the same opinion about this, so what can I do? :)

Albino Ace
5th June 2008, 01:23 PM
So, aside from there being no online play for the PS2 version (correct me if wrong :eek ), any (major, mostly) differences between this version and the PSP version? :)

Rubix42
5th June 2008, 02:47 PM
Differences? The main one being that it will look super slick on my living room TV!

The PSP component cables are not worth buying really, and nothing beats all the lights off, sound pumped up, and just a giant screen of nose cone camera and the track flying at you.

RJ O'Connell
5th June 2008, 06:04 PM
Switch out nose camera for external camera and that sounds like a great time to me ^___^

Rubix42
5th June 2008, 08:30 PM
Well, racing on the big screen is the important thing. Hopefully they give this widescreen support. I know nothing about porting or coding, but I imagine that seeing as it is currently in widescreen, the switch shouldn't be too hard.

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 02:37 AM
I have a feeling this game has now been demoted into the "speculative bullshit" bin.

rdmx
3rd July 2008, 12:37 PM
Don't speak too soon RJ, Rob said that they had 'only one person working on it - and they were from Wales!'.

Rapier Racer
3rd July 2008, 07:26 PM
I thought there were 2.

RJ O'Connell
3rd July 2008, 11:31 PM
Other than Rob alluding to the one or two Welsh people working on the conversion, and the article that ColdRem'S mentioned that started the whole discussion, haven't heard anything else about PS2 Pulse.

Is this game intentionally being marketed to sell a dozen copies per region or what?

rdmx
4th July 2008, 12:59 PM
I doubt a port gets a press release until its fairly close to the release date as its already been experienced on another console, and thus there would not be as much hype for it.

DawnFireDragoon
24th July 2008, 09:47 PM
any official confirmation on this yet. only two months to the supposed release date?

Livitarium
27th July 2008, 02:15 PM
Same question any date to release the game? I suppose the HD is the priority but... Some informations could be cool :beer

WizzyWig
11th August 2008, 08:35 PM
If Pulse PS2 actually gets a Sep. 3rd release I am going to have a head explosion out of pure excitement.

DawnFireDragoon
11th August 2008, 09:51 PM
i think this must've been some crazy rumour that got out of hand, as we haven't heard anything. if not...then let us know studio liverpool....please, go on.

omega329
11th August 2008, 10:11 PM

umm... Seeing as foxy said this a while back, I've got a small bit of confidence that it's true

Rapier Racer
11th August 2008, 10:20 PM
Who cares about Pulse PS2...... *cough HD cough*

If it's still happening it's going to be way low on the pecking order at SL, obviously.

Lance
11th August 2008, 10:26 PM
I care because it's highly unlikely that I will buy a PS3 soon, if ever.

RJ O'Connell
11th August 2008, 10:32 PM
If it's still happening it's going to be way low on the pecking order at SL, obviously.
Maybe, but since Studio Liverpool lost the F1 license to Codemasters there's now over 100 employees now working entirely on the WipEout series. It'll be low on the priorities list compared to HD and "Wipeout PS3" as you said, but it should be happening! Plus, the PS2 is going on surprisingly well even as the PS3 will be two years old this autumn. There's still a market.

of course, the wishful thinking of this would be seeing Nick B. back as lead designer

Lance
11th August 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not going to assume that Nick even wants to come back to the old concept. Or that Colin is bored with it. But it would be interesting to see what Nick might do this many years on in WO and general game development.

RJ O'Connell
11th August 2008, 10:46 PM
^ Agreed. It'd be a "Fusion" of old and new schools...maybe they should call the next game Wipeout Fu......wait.

Now, speaking of the PS2 version of Wipeout Pulse...;)

Rapier Racer
11th August 2008, 10:54 PM
I was under the impression you didn't have a PS2 Lance? Although with the price of it ever falling I guess you put on on the list?

Of course I will buy it if it snakes it way out, might only play it for 5 minutes but you know how it is, just have to have it.

Is it gonna include the DLC? That would certainly make it a more attractive buy for you Americans who were unfairly deprived of the extra stuff I guess.

RJ O'Connell
11th August 2008, 10:59 PM
Twisted Metal Head-On came with lots of extras when it was ported from the PSP.

Wipeout HD will certainly have the extra teams unless those "four extra ships" are actually G-Tech, MediEvil, Cokestyle and Puma II.

It would seem that it would be the logical thing to do.

DawnFireDragoon
11th August 2008, 11:27 PM
I care because it's highly unlikely that I will buy a PS3 soon, if ever.

exactly

Lance
11th August 2008, 11:48 PM
I was under the impression you didn't have a PS2 Lance? Although with the price of it ever falling I guess you put on on the list?

Of course I will buy it if it snakes it way out, might only play it for 5 minutes but you know how it is, just have to have it.

Is it gonna include the DLC? That would certainly make it a more attractive buy for you Americans who were unfairly deprived of the extra stuff I guess.

It is on my list, but it's been put further down it lately by some necessary higher priorities forcing themselves onto that list. There are also some additional fun items that have attracted my attention lately, so I'll be lucky to get one by Christmas.

cybrpnk
12th August 2008, 07:23 AM
as much as i love my PS3...i still play the PS2 as much for MGS2, MGS3, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Fusion and FF XII...

it's great to see Sony cater Pulse for the PS2 crowd and its great to see the sleek black box still going strong...and I will definitely be getting Pulse on the PS2 even though I will have HD as soon as its released...

Rapier Racer
12th August 2008, 11:58 AM
I've not played my PS2 in ages, it makes sense for Sony to port it to PS2 (I mean it would have made sense to make it on PS2 in the first place) they can make some profit for little effort.

Ever since Pulse was announced it bugged me as to why they were putting it on PSP? Is there no more online for PS2? Did they just think about making more money off downloads? Whats the reason?

DawnFireDragoon
13th August 2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1557556.html

confirmed release date? maybe.

hope so. :)

RJ O'Connell
13th August 2008, 11:46 PM
Please tell me it's not PAL exclusive.

DawnFireDragoon
14th August 2008, 12:01 AM
i would hope not, just for you guys. no fusion, no pulse dlc...i'd hope they would release it in all territories with all dlc included. with the number of ps2's out there i'm sure sales would be good enough to justify it!

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 12:05 AM
We got Fusion! Albeit it wasn't published by SCEA. We didn't get Wipeout 3 SE, extra music in WipEout, Omega League, and the Pulse DLC as you mentioned.

DawnFireDragoon
14th August 2008, 12:27 AM
oh, i wasn't aware fusion finally got a release there! shame about 3: special edition, that was a great package, perhaps it'll get a release on the psn at some point or be unlockable in a future installment of the series as a bonus!

if this release date for pulse ps2 in new zealand is true then i'd guess PAL uk and NTSC would be somewhere around that time too.

also if this is true, it's a whole new level of non-marketing...

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 04:20 AM
We've had Fusion for six years. I should know, I was the only person who camped out 30 minutes early at the mall GameStop to buy it. ;)

Task
14th August 2008, 06:10 PM
Ever since Pulse was announced it bugged me as to why they were putting it on PSP? Is there no more online for PS2? Did they just think about making more money off downloads? Whats the reason?The PSP was an easy way to enable 8-person multiplayer. You might note that there's no online for Pure, it's only ad-hoc. It's the best way to do multiplayer, very reliable. PSP is the only way you can get that kind of good multiplayer going.

swift killer
14th August 2008, 06:18 PM
The moment i get this i will become a recluse and do nothing but play wipeout ;) lets hope it supports network play!

Wip3ou7
14th August 2008, 07:25 PM
Where are you guys seeing pulse for ps2? I checked EB Games website and they have no listing for it

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 09:09 PM
There's a link two pages back that points to a pre-sale for Pulse. But that's in New Zealand.

Additionally, Infox has hinted that there is going to be a PS2 conversion.

However, SCEA has not said anything (surprise!) about it yet. But they'll have to pick it up. They must.

DawnFireDragoon
14th August 2008, 10:47 PM
the lack of any news is odd, i'd like to take the oportunity to post a polite request to anyone from studio liverpool to perhaps give us a bit of news or hint about the port. if you guys can't comment fair enough, i can wait :)

cybrpnk
15th August 2008, 01:52 AM
here's hoping SL actually have plans for a PS2 release...*fingers crossed and closes eye*

here's also hoping that it's not just a port of Pulse...cause wouldn't that just steal PSP sales??? why not even make it a hybrid of Pulse and Pure??? ay??? ay???

sakerbax
15th August 2008, 03:07 AM
actually i think a port would be better, imagine if the online games were compatible between consoles that would bring some life back to online games, and it would be fun to see if the ps2 version could get better times

leungbok
15th August 2008, 08:16 AM
And imagine a version with packs already included.:nod

swift killer
15th August 2008, 08:30 AM
It makes sense to bring out a ps2 version, with loads of them still selling in developing nations which dont really have the PSP or do but just hard to get hold of.

Also, remember Sony saying they're now targeting the latin and south american audience/market?

DawnFireDragoon
15th August 2008, 09:25 AM
the best piece of news would be confirmation of the port with all dlc and that it is in fact a bundle of wipeout pure and pulse...i would be so happy if they did that!

leungbok
15th August 2008, 12:32 PM
To recap : a mix pulse/pure, an online mode compatible psp, all packs included. Sure, it would wait Hd easier :nod

Asayyeah
15th August 2008, 03:57 PM
definitely
( or maybe you just need to clean the dust from your ol'good ps and play some amazing old wipeouts ( negcon required to even not notice there's 2 new wipeout already released ( pulse ps2 and HD)...oh shiiiite we are in 2009 ! time flies :D ))

DawnFireDragoon
15th August 2008, 06:58 PM
if they do include the dlc packs, wonder how they'd do it. perhaps one of two ways, either all there from the start or you unlock one grid (thats what the honeycomb thingies were called wasn't it) and one ship every time you complete so many of the regular grids. either way i'd be fine with them been in it. :g

Rapier Racer
15th August 2008, 11:57 PM
I keep getting the feeling that I heard they are including the packs, besides it makes no sense not to. :?

swift killer
16th August 2008, 10:54 AM
For some reason i dont think this will actually come to fruition.

sakerbax
16th August 2008, 04:55 PM
i think that if they do include the packs and pure stuff we can pretty much say bye bye to psp/ps2 online matches..

AG-wolf
16th August 2008, 06:03 PM
nah cause pulse doesnt let you play online with any DLC, as a way to even it out for people who may not have it.

RJ O'Connell
16th August 2008, 06:12 PM
It's just the tracks you can play online.

sakerbax
16th August 2008, 08:30 PM
what i mean is if they simply port the game as it is then the compability might not be an issue but if they tweak the game include pure tracks ships etc then i doubt they'll spend more time/money making sure some of the ships and tracks are compatible with psp..

DawnFireDragoon
18th August 2008, 12:00 AM
i think it will be a direct port, probably with no online play. if it does feature online play i seriously doubt it will be compatible with the psp version...due to the technical stuff behind doing that. i may be completely wrong, but that's just a guess. i'd actually prefer it if they added split screen mode instead. with online, it depends on internet connections and servers that may not exist in 2 years, whereas split screen is always there and always available.

Silverstream
18th August 2008, 04:02 PM
I'd agree with the direct port suggestions - I doubt with HD coming relatively soon they'll make any more effort than necessary in releasing this. Will they include the download packs? I hope so, I really do.

As someone who can't get fully used to the tiny little thumb pad on the PSP, it'd be a godsend to play Pulse on the PS2. Great as Pure and Pulse are, I'm sure they'd still run better on a proper console. Just my twopence worth.

RJ O'Connell
18th August 2008, 06:38 PM
But there's no sense in a straight port graphically. The graphics would need about a 300% enhancement so that it doesn't look like someone took a 50 x 50 pixel smiley and tried to blow it up to wallpaper size.

Other than that, and packaging the four extra tracks and teams, the game should remain unchanged.

Silverstream
20th August 2008, 03:59 PM
Hmm, I'm no technical expert on these things. Perhaps a similar approach to the one Rockstar took for GTA: Liberty City Stories? That was re-released for the PS2 at £19.99 if I remember rightly. The graphics weren't too clever there, either.

DawnFireDragoon
20th August 2008, 10:08 PM
all this HD news is great an all (for those with ye olde ps3) but does anyone have anything on pulse ps2?

WizzyWig
22nd August 2008, 06:49 AM
I still can't get over how neglected the PS2 has been in the Wipeout franchise. The series had so much potential on the system that never got utilized properly. Instead, they opted to continue the series on a handheld that doesn't have as much support and now they are continuing the series on a console that doesn't have as much support. I've been dying for a good Wipeout game on the PS2 and by the looks of it, we probably won't get one at all. Very frustrating.

infoxicated
22nd August 2008, 11:33 AM
It does indeed suck big hairy mamoth balls that (probably) the most successful videogame console in history got the shaft as far as WipEout games are concerned.

Pulse on PS2 should have been a no-brainer, but when it tanked on PSP I imagine the financial motivation to create a PS2 game faded fast.

Lance
22nd August 2008, 03:42 PM
So I might as well hold off on that console purchase. I was tempted to buy an early PS3 with backward compatibility, or just an old PS2. Looks like I may not get either one.

DawnFireDragoon
22nd August 2008, 06:48 PM
sigh, it looks like i might be done with the series. i was really hoping this was gonna happen.

WizzyWig
22nd August 2008, 08:20 PM
Ditto. But by done with the series I mean not buying any new titles cuz I'll still rock the classics. But I don't have near enough money to buy a PS3 or PSP especially considering I'd only get either one for the Wipeout titles.

RJ O'Connell
22nd August 2008, 08:36 PM
Disappointing news Rob, but I think those with a PS3 will forget all about Pulse once HD comes out. Including myself, eventually. (I'll be late to the party three straight games :g)

The lack of any information was a tell-tale sign.

DawnFireDragoon
22nd August 2008, 11:55 PM
yeah, when i say done, i mean new titles too. i still own the original game, 2097, 3: special edition and fusion and still play them, i did own a psp, but only owned it for pure/pulse, which wasn't enough, also add to that my general dislike of hanheld gaming compared to a home console, so sold it ages ago. pulse ps2 would have been amazing and due to pricing, specs and my personal opinion of current ps3 titles i won't be picking up one soon if ever.

perhaps this thread should become the 'petition for pulse ps2' thread. :g

WizzyWig
6th September 2008, 05:42 AM
September 3, come and gone...

DawnFireDragoon
8th September 2008, 10:04 PM
yup, the dream dies. back to 2097 and 3: special edition. :(

xtriko
9th September 2008, 02:08 AM
we have to keep waiting... and it sucks... :(

swift killer
9th September 2008, 12:51 PM
I think it was just a rumour, theres no sign of Pulse on any release schedules.

DawnFireDragoon
24th September 2008, 04:11 PM
http://www.tothegame.com/ps2-8028-wipeout-pulse-for-sony-playstation-2.html

clutching at straws...yes, but i refuse to give up on something that SHOULD happen. :)

RJ O'Connell
24th September 2008, 10:11 PM
It even has a PEGI rating.

This game is an even worse tease than Duke Nukem Forever.

DawnFireDragoon
24th September 2008, 10:24 PM
i did ask colin about this but didn't get a response, so my guess is, the SL gang can't discuss it, or the whole port stuff just a rumour/misunderstanding of information or something...

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 10:32 PM
Something I've been thinking about, Pulse could be getting ported to the PS3, sure, it's a long shot, but not too much of a long shot I'd bet.

It would be a great follow up to Wipeout PS3, especially if they added some new tracks, or made it with all the DLC included.

eLhabib
30th September 2008, 10:49 PM
Hmmm, Pulse for PS3... *imagines*... errr, WHAT?! you're joking, right? because that basically is what happened, with HD...

Rubix42
30th September 2008, 11:14 PM
And that's why I think it is a believable idea.

Personally, I hope we get a brand new Wipeout, with brand new tracks. I'll take anything we get with a smile, but that is my hope.

DawnFireDragoon
1st October 2008, 12:18 AM
wipeout
wipeout 2097
wipeout 3: special edition
wipeout fusion
wipeout pure/with dlc
wipeout pulse/with dlc

all on the psn downloadable and playable on your ps3.

that would be awesome (and make me buy a ps3)

:)

Darkdrium777
1st October 2008, 03:04 AM
Yeah, a whole 'Friggin Sweet' collection would be nice. But Pulse on PS2 or PS3 alone won't sell much. At least I think it won't, prove me wrong Sony with advertising. :)

Anyways, I think the original stuff we were talking about in this thread has been canned, no? I don't see it happening anytime soon anyways, just like that other thread over there (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4403)... :/

darkfaerytales
9th November 2008, 01:43 AM
any good news about yet?

kaori
15th January 2009, 11:54 AM
Announced february 18th. click here (http://www.playfrance.com/news-ps2-wipeout-pulse-enfin-sur-playstation-2-372821.html)
It's not official, but some salers say that.

darkfaerytales
16th January 2009, 01:24 AM
true

http://www.libreriauniversitaria.it/wipeout-pulse-playstation-2-sony/videogioco/711719109648

kanar
16th January 2009, 09:16 AM
nice. So I must give up on idea of playing killzone2. Hope the skin editor is here too!

kaori
16th January 2009, 12:57 PM
No editor & no online I think, but a two-players mode, and why not a NegCon compatibility! Will you beat new records???

Hail Seizure
16th January 2009, 01:00 PM
I hope 480p is there.

DawnFireDragoon
16th January 2009, 05:43 PM
i hope this is true, but will only believe it when i see it sat on a shelf in a store. there's been so many rumours and no official word, so we'll see.

Hillo
16th January 2009, 06:42 PM
i hope this is true, but will only believe it when i see it sat on a shelf in a store. there's been so many rumours and no official word, so we'll see.

I feel the same about this. I got excited when i first heard these rumours, but i'm not going to trust these rumours until i can get some reliable info.

DawnFireDragoon
17th January 2009, 09:45 PM
exactly. i really want to play some more wipeout on the big screen, (not counting hd before everyone hurles that one at me! :) my friend has a ps3 and i've played through hd, but it didn't grab me like the other games (hopefully some new tracks could spice it up, a little more variaiton to the cityscapes and the 'future has no dirt/dust look' of some tracks!) i doubt i will ever buy a ps3, so fingers crossed for this.

it's on the game uk site, which, as much as i hate game, is pretty much comfirmation.

any one at studio liverpool care to comment, fill us in on features??? :)

eLhabib
17th January 2009, 11:10 PM
Basically, the fact that they haven't yet called BS on this counts as a confirmation, I guess... ;)

swift killer
18th January 2009, 11:23 AM
I would get my hopes up, those two websites are not exactly trust worthy, you can tell by looking, and playfrance is pretty much known for basically talking crap.

DawnFireDragoon
19th January 2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/01/19/sony-q1-shows-wipeout-pulse-coming-to-ps2-in-february-along-with-flower-fat-princess-and-singstar-queen-due-march-2009.htm

still want to know if the rumoured split screen is real, if dlc is really not included and if graphics have been tinckered with, any new options...e.t.c....

JABBERJAW
19th January 2009, 02:30 PM
Well, that would be awesome, but call it something else though, not pulse, for sales sake if nothing else. Also, it wouldn't need dlc if all the tracks are included and ships already. If they just could add all of pure's tracks as well, that would be sweet, of course with HD's handling :) would also be nice. OH, then there is link mode for faster gameplay as well, but if split screen is all, then at least allow one on one races to keep the framerate up. NEgcon (drools, then wakes up).

this is sounding more real as we go along here, which would be great

Hail Seizure
19th January 2009, 08:18 PM
480p video output is essential as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick of half arsed, letterboxed, unoptimised PAL conversions on the PS2. Also, I don't have a widescreen TV, so the ability to choose between normal and widescreen aspect ratio would be nice. Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast got both of these right.

Support for the original SCPH-1080 PS1 digital controller would also be very useful, since it seems to be the only controller I can play Wipeout with (and before anyone asks, I've tried the NegCon with all the Wipeouts up to and including Fusion on numerous occasions and I hate it with every fibre of my being. Sorry. :P ) The Dualshock 1's D pad doesn't have enough travel for my liking, and the DS2 has too much and is horribly spongy (not to mention the fact that the housings of those stupid surperfluous analogue sticks prevent me from getting a comfortable grip on the controller). The 1080 is just right. :)

darkfaerytales
19th January 2009, 09:07 PM
so it's real this rumor that dlc will not included? so basically, the 4 ships and 4 tracks will not be present in the game

sorry me but this is crap...****

so even in this case our american friends will not have the chances to play with the tracks not included
good sony! good! we see how you care about customers who made you rich

to me don't change nothing i have psp with pulse and the packs already cause i live in italy, and basically i don't give a **** about, i will not get the ps2 version anyway, since in the last times i use most harimau, mirage and auricom...but for our american friends it's another low blow

DawnFireDragoon
19th January 2009, 10:21 PM
the simple answer here is, no one knows what's what with the rumours.

like you, myself and everyone else glancing at this thread, want to know what's what.

going on wipeout's recent track record, we'll be lukcy to get any info until it either slips onto shelves or dissapears like so many other rumours...

pulse dlc.
2097 on psn.
wip3out on psn.

wipeout hd release date is forgiven due to the circumstances, but you all remember how hard it was to get info on that one too!!!

if it is coming and gets world wide release, dlc absolutely should be included. if not, then i would be baffled by that decision, it wouldn't make up for what happened to our friends in the states, but it would be the right thing to do, none the less. and give everyone access to some great ships and of course vostok reef!!!

there are hints it's coming from various sites we've spotted, but no official word...probably most importantly on features and release territories.

JABBERJAW
19th January 2009, 11:26 PM
Now that they got the handling just right in HD, this COULD be the definitive version of the newer games if everything is included.

DawnFireDragoon
22nd January 2009, 10:13 PM
so this was originally pegged for release last september. i wonder if the delay, as was true with hd, was to add the dlc and split screen? i really hope so.

that would be great!

LG65
23rd January 2009, 12:03 AM
I'd bet it'd be another failure for PSP-to-PS2 ports. I mean, look at "Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters". It was a successful hit on the PSP, due to (and I'm not too sure) 4-8 ad-hoc & infrastructure multi-player and all the other goodies that I can't even name. When it ported to the PS2, the enjoyment is lost when the multi-player is gone, not to mention it looks the same and plays the same as the PSP version!

Whatever Pulse had on the PSP, the PS2 will have half the features the PSP version has. (i.e. no custom in-game soundtracks, loss of online goodies, lack of multi-player support (possibly only up to 4)).

That's my $.02... Canadian, of course.

DawnFireDragoon
23rd January 2009, 01:15 AM
if, say, you were a wipeout fan, who owned just the ps2, you'd be a bit miffed they only put out wipeout fusion on it. so regardless of losing a couple of features, you're getting another full screen wipeout. pulse been one of the psp games which looks good upscaled as it has some damn nice graphics.

i get what you're saying, losing features is bad, but maybe they'll add a couple of things to make up for it.

whatever the case, i say, if they can do it, they should. it might even make up for pulse not doing great on the psp. get more fans into wipeout and get studio liverpool some more cash, to put into their next projects...or at the very least a bigger fanbase and more recognition.

woohooo!

DeaFen0
25th January 2009, 01:23 AM
Allow me to sum up what is really going on here: SONY IS NOT DISTRIBUTING A PS2 VERSION OF PULSE, NOR A PS3, NOR ANYTHING ELSE. SALES IN AMERICA AT THE VERY LEAST ARE LOW, SO THOSE FROM THE US SHOULD JUST STOP WHERE THEY ARE AND GIVE IN. I don't like this either, I mean, I'd love to play a PS2 version of WipEout I can actually enjoy, but sadly, it just isn't going to happen.

JABBERJAW
25th January 2009, 12:36 PM
Do you work for sony? Because that would be the only way to know. We had no idea when HD was going to be released until very close to the actual release date. I think there is probably not much of a chance, but noone from Sony has come on the site and said NO, there is no game. If there was no game, I would expect they would come on the site and say that at the very least. If there is a game possibly coming out, this is the exact sort of NON-response I would expect meaning not getting involved in the discussion. there is something else that would make me believe it is real as well, but will not discuss that.

DawnFireDragoon
25th January 2009, 01:04 PM
going on his previous posts, he does not work for studio liverpool...not sure about sony.

however the way things are, i suspect he may be right. boooo. :(

Sausehuhn
26th January 2009, 10:10 AM
If Sony releases Pulse for PS2 (maybe with fixed handling) I might think about finally buying a PS2!
But after I have seen how Sony plays around with the WipEout brand, I think we should be pretty happy if they just release a 1:1 PS2 port of the game. I really doubt they change anything in the game.
And, concerning how long Pulse is available for PSP now, chances are getting smaller to see a PS2 version, IMO.

archman
26th January 2009, 10:28 AM
Fixed handling?!? What for?
well, imo, pulse got awesome handling...

JABBERJAW
26th January 2009, 12:55 PM
there is no slide in comparison to any of the other wipeout games, very grippy, even piranha

archman
26th January 2009, 12:58 PM
ok thats true, but i like it more grippy then slidy...but got used to both of them (pulse, pure) :)

Sausehuhn
26th January 2009, 02:27 PM
If they change the handing (and because everybody knows that real WO1/WO2097/WO3-handlings are the past) I would like if they go for WOHD's one.

DawnFireDragoon
27th January 2009, 10:11 PM
i actually hope they leave the handling well alone, hd felt wrong, on feisar at least. i switched to qirex for my play through of hd to get a good feeling ship.

but if the game is out in 3 weeks, then it's done and been printed i guess, so it doesn't matter either way!!!

of course if it's not out in 3 weeks...and if you prefer hd's handling, you've got hd right!!!!

judus
27th January 2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172477

It's not just us speculating after all. Mind you, theres no harm done in porting pulse (even if as is). The ps2 does have quite a few owners and it is still being supported by devs alike. I wouldn't hope for a fusion style graphical makeover through (that would be awesome? :P)

DawnFireDragoon
27th January 2009, 10:52 PM
hmmm, so the game may be done, but sony are sitting on it/waiting and deciding whether to release and where to release. sounds like us wipers in the uk may get lucky, but what about those elsewhere???

also what's the deal with not just saying, yes we're working on it, it'll be a while, but we think ps2 owners will appreciate it!

come on sony! get the hype going. yes they're are millions of ps2's out there, but people need to know stuff is available, or going to be...

edit* then i check the actual eurogamer story which says the game may now not appear. :( wtf is going on?

i think i'm done speculating...finally.

Chill
27th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Honestly, I don't see the reason for there to be one! And here are my reasons:

1. It would take time and energy away from what could be spent into a whole new Wipeout...

2. PSPs cost damn near just as much as the PS2 now, and they hook up to televisions, as well and route online, have custom paint and music playlists... And it will go nearly everywhere with you, where as the PS2 won't...

Sounds like just a bunch of wasted energy to me...

The only plus is the controls... that's it!! I doubt many other than pro wipeout fans would get it for that, when more PSPs are probably out than PS2s now...

Amorbis
27th January 2009, 11:17 PM
I have to say I disagree with you there Chill, although you do highlight some good reasons as to why I shouldn't buy a PS2 version. I would buy the game for the controls, as you said, a DS2 is much more comfortable to use than a PSP. I personally don't own a new PSP and my PSP dating back to 2005 it can't plug into the TV. There are non PSP owning people in my house which would play a PS2 version, too. I can also upscale it with my PS3 for a better image.

Despite these reasons I wouldn't get it if it was any more than £15, I already paid that for the PSP version. I would rather have a new WipEout or some extra support for HD, but a PS2 pulse would be great.

Chill
28th January 2009, 01:55 AM
Exactly... if you would be the type of person to get it, most likely you already have it on the PSP... The only people that would get it would be the people that haven't upgraded from the PS2, but still want to play a new Wipeout... And I'm sure there are some people in that type of situation, but enough to buy enough copies to actually make a good profit from it? I think I'm going to go ahead and doubt on that one... or at least guess that it's a bit of a risk.

Sausehuhn
28th January 2009, 11:17 AM
If the game releases on PS2, it's probably not meant to be a PS2-seller ;)

You have to think about that guys: Even though the PSP might be as cheap as a new PS2 now, most people don't buy a PSP. Because they have a PS2 at home already. It's not like most people have to decide between PSP and PS2; they don't want to buy a new console only for WOPulse.
Most likely the port is meant as an addition to the PS2 owner's games collection.
And it fits there pretty well, as threre a plenty of people out there that still think the PS3 is too expensive (hell yeah it is) and have no need for a portable handheld.
If Sony can make a PS2 port of Pulse more or less easily (I don't know how much the coding differs) why shouldn't they release it? The PS2 isn't fully dead yet, remember that (I know a lot people who bought a new PS2 just in the last 1-2 years because of games like singstar).

The PS2 still lives in a lot of households, why not release games for it (if it's so easy)?

Xavier
28th January 2009, 02:18 PM
I can think of two great reasons to buy this even if you have a PSP and the PSP version: the possible inclusion of the downloadable content (which, disgracefully, was never made available outside the EU), plus the possibility of the steering being fixed. I'd hope that such a fix would also rectify the fact that you have to press 'down' on the D-pad all the time. That's one of my least favorite things about this and Pure. (Does it affect any other games?)

Chill
29th January 2009, 12:14 AM
hmmm... I don't use the down button trickery... but is it just me, or does every newer PS2 I get end up having trouble reading disks at least a few months down the road?? Because they seem to be slacking on that side, unless your a person who doesn't play the PS2 often but has it, then you probably wont have the interest in buying a PS2 game though...

The downloadable content is interesting... I'd get it, only if that version supported online though... then the tracks would come in handy... but if it's just the extra tracks, I'm not sure as many sales would fly... and they should be considered about sell, as that's what pays everyone that works on it and prepares it to get paid enough for it's effort... and if it's not a good sell, that could possibly deminish the stance of the entire Wipeout series some... I don't know about most, but I'd rather have Wipeout high up in the marketing department and in good condition to continue one than produce something that only satisfies a select few that could possibly deminish it's status as a whole. Losing money gives sony more of a reason not to focus on it, and as far as I'm concerned, I want all focus possible!! ;)

There is a possibility that I'm wrong, but there is a possibility that I'm not wrong. Would the entire Wipeout fanbase think it's worth it as a whole? Not sure... But I could be wrong.

Perhaps we should start a toll...

Lance
29th January 2009, 07:20 PM
The PS2 is stiLL selling in large numbers. The port could be a good cheaply acquired and much needed income source for Sony, which is in substantial financial trouble.

Chill
31st January 2009, 02:40 AM
Oh really??? Perhaps I should start checkin' up on facts a bit more... :nod

Still, all the PS2s I had boughten seem to definately lack in their ability to read disks more these days then it had back before the PS3 was existent... mabye that's the reason it sells so much, so many people have to buy another one... :naughty

Xavier
31st January 2009, 04:26 AM
hmmm... I don't use the down button trickery...

Wait, I meant "up"! Up as in forward. Sorry!

I doubt they'll actually release this, but it would (as several people have said) be easy money, and many games are still being released for the PS2, so it's hardly an obsolete console. Add in all the DLC and call it Wipeout Pulse SE!

Sausehuhn
31st January 2009, 01:16 PM
Okay folks, it's official: Pulse comes to the PS2. Definitely. The German USK just rated the game.

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Alterseinstufung: Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG
Prüfdatum: 29.01.2009
USK Nr.: 23861/09
Sprache: deutsch
System: Sony-Playstation 2
Genre: Arcade
Untergenre: Racer

So it's time for me to find a cheap PS2 somewhere :)

EDIT:
Release date: 18.02.2009
Price: 43,99€
Additional features:
- all DLC included
- Splitscreen Multiplayer
- 7 Single- and Multiplayer game modes.

(referring to Amazon Germany)

Chill
31st January 2009, 08:31 PM
Oh well... if it comes out, I'm gettin' it anyway... lol... :D

Xavier
1st February 2009, 07:59 AM
Official ordering page from Amazon.de!

€43,99 for the PS2 edition (http://www.amazon.de/Sony-WipeOut-Pulse/dp/B001PO5LP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233478632&sr=8-2)

(Is that a very high price compared past Wipeout games in the EU, or have they always been that much?)

JABBERJAW
1st February 2009, 12:37 PM
A few reasons to get it

1) It will look better on the television than the component to television for psp

2) It will run at a higher framerate ( could only guess this is true)

3) split screen for friends to come over

4) the controller is far better on ps2

5) no more hand cramps

A few things I would have liked though:

1) negcon support

2) all pure tracks

3) all fusion tracks (seriously, those are nice tracks, and their designs are wasted at this point

4) I doubt link mode will be in it

Question Marks:

1) What will the physics stlye be? (pure, pulse, HD)

2) What are the game options (one on ones for faster framerate would be nice that was left out of HD)

3)

Sausehuhn
1st February 2009, 01:37 PM
Having all DLC and a Mulitplayer gamemode included is more than I expected. I'm pretty sure that if Sony alone had to make the decision how to release the game, the PS2 Pulse would not even have the DLC included. Fortunately SL had a finger in the pie.
Pure tracks could have been included as they need no recoding. Though, there's still the work you've to put into an reworked career mode etc.
Fusions tracks are wasted potential, true. But I didn't expect them to see them on the PS2 again (maybe on a future PS3 WipEout - Fusion HD anyone?) as they probably require a lot of recoding to get rid of the frame drops. Not to mention that the 3-tracks-per-environment doesn't fit to either Pure or Pulse. And then there is still much work left with Magstrips and re-arranging the weaponpads to fit the game physics/weapons. And of course: testing.

Tomahawk
1st February 2009, 02:44 PM
A few things I would have liked though:

1) negcon support

Is it confirmed anywhere that it does not have negcon support? All PS1 / PS2 wipEouts supported the negcon controller somehow, so my hope that this PS2 Pulse supports it too will only die if some official site confirms it or if I tried it out for myself after buying the game...

Hillo
1st February 2009, 04:14 PM
This is too good to be true. :|

:D

DawnFireDragoon
1st February 2009, 05:46 PM
as much as i want it...and beleive me i want it, i have been going on and on about this forever...i don't count this info as official.

it has appeared on websites for pre-order with supposed info before...earlier in this thread we found some sites.

a word from sony, studio liverpool or seeing it in a shop and i will believe it! and seen as the first two won't/are unlikely to be happening, i think we'll have to check the stores on the 18th/19th/20th, the wedneday, thursday and friday of february to see for ourselves.

that may sound negative, but i'm going on past experience with getting solid info on this game.

with regards to rumoured features, i would have picked it up anyway, but with split screen and all dlc, that would be a no questions asked purchase...and i can see a lot of ps2 owners wanting and buying this. especially with big games like persona 4 still coming out on the console...keeping it popular and its sales up

sony need to put a trailer out, even if it's a short one, probably just online to get awareness of it up.

or at the very least get a statement out to the popular gaming websites and that one big fansite :) to get people hyped.

GreenPhazon
2nd February 2009, 05:51 PM
I personally always preferred Pure (if only I could find my copy). I'm happy with HD for the time being, so woulod rather they tried to come up with some new tracks/ships/online eliminator mode.

DawnFireDragoon
2nd February 2009, 06:43 PM
a ps2 version of pure would be nice, but just any new wipeout for ps2 is a good thing.

i imagine they're hard at work on tracks for hd, it's not been out that long, making new high def tracks can't be easy...give 'em time.

Xavier
4th February 2009, 12:42 PM
Sausehuhn, you say that the Pure tracks need no recoding? So the same "engine" was used to create the tracks for both games?

There are so many Pure tracks -- all the original ones, plus the "regular" extra content, plus those freaky Euro-only ones (which I could take or leave, though if they had more normal-looking background designs, I'd like them more). A few touch-ups so that you can drive them in both directions (Pulse's white/black system), and you might have over 100 possible courses!

I've always been a fan of racing games with a smaller number of interesting courses (F-Zero GX) than a huge number of courses that all seem alike (F-Zero Climax). But it sure would be fun to have so much material, all on one high-quality PS2 disc. And of course you can never have too many music tracks.

But to tell the truth, I just want this game to come out in some form or another. All the rest is just a bonus.

Sausehuhn
4th February 2009, 04:14 PM
Actually, no: Pure's tracks do not have the same count of polygons compared to Pulse and I'm sure they may not works as good with Pulse's physics as they do with Pure's. Then of course you have to re-program parts of the tracks so they have both directions (as you said).
But I'm pretty sure Pure's tracks are esier to port than Fusion's - that's what I wanted to say.
And even though Pure's tracks are relatively easy to convert for PS2, it's probably still enough work you would have to put into it.

JABBERJAW
4th February 2009, 06:33 PM
they don't have to go in reverse, just put them in as is. Pure's tracks would all be fine with Pulse's physics, since pulse is a much easier game to control the ship.

Chill
5th February 2009, 03:15 AM
haha... I was about to say... they took some of the tracks from Pure and put them on HD with Pulse like physics, so I don't see why not the rest.. :P

Yeah I can't really say I like the weird tracks from the euro version of Pure... I mean, yeah I beat pure twice just to have them with the euro version cause they're hilarious, and it's the first time Wipeout ever used a track as a certain unique style of artform in history, so I got them... They will probably be collectables down the road...

I'm kinda hoping for a re-vamped version of the Original Wipeout... or if not, XL or 3... or just all PS1 Wipeouts in general... I mean, they did it with pure and pulse... so it's not something that couldn't happen further down the road right?!!

lunar
5th February 2009, 08:03 AM
I really hope some form of PS2 wipeout happens. Pure tracks are probably a beautiful pipe-dream, and it sounds 50/50 at best to get anything. I would add that if "nose down to go faster" is still in the game my interest in it will be somewhere between cool and indifferent :paperbag

Asayyeah
5th February 2009, 09:01 AM
My interest will be at its highest possible if Xlink Kai may connect us online to fight together on a big screen plus Neggie ...

Playing on a big screen , no doubt, Negcon suported : i am at 50/50 on that dream ( BR by twisting ? ) , playing through Xlink kai i am pretty sure it's possible : if games got a multiplayer option that could be enough to let us play through Kai.

I am also glad SL finally decided to release a port of Pulse on ps2 BUT ps2 owners need to be aware there's a new Wipeout on PS2 : please advertises it : big ads requested

rdmx
5th February 2009, 09:56 AM
Talking about Kai, does anyone know when AdHocParty for PS3 will get released? I want to have a chance to play Wipeout Pure against someone :)

DawnFireDragoon
12th February 2009, 02:29 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/PS2/Racing/~r339144/Wipeout-Pulse/?s=wipeout

this games release date is all over the place...

make of this, what you will.

stin
12th February 2009, 05:35 AM
Looks like I will be buying it and will play as well and added to my collections.:banzai

stevie:)

Chill
12th February 2009, 06:31 AM
Well even though I wasn't all for the plan, I am so proud of my favorite video-game series that I have been loyal to ever since the first Wipeout starting to pop up all over the place, even the same game!! It just shows that this is one very powerful game!!

Xavier
12th February 2009, 12:37 PM
The UK version is only £25!? That's great news.

I still can't find anything about a US or Japan release. The Japanese edition would require some translation, but the UK original could go out as-is, with only the region code flipped to 1. Come on, Sony, get it to us!

DawnFireDragoon
12th February 2009, 10:35 PM
i played it on the psp and bought the overpriced dlc, but will still gladly pay £25 for a full screen ps2 wipeout.

that's either loyalty to the series or stupidity...or a bit of both!!! :)

i'm hopeful of all dlc been included and the rumoured split screen.

once again we're in the dark on any solid info though...and we're not just gamers we're the hardcore fans!!!

AnErare
12th February 2009, 11:53 PM
I would even buy a ps2 for it :D Would love to zone full screen with a proper controller. The implications entice me too much not to ;)

DawnFireDragoon
13th February 2009, 12:20 AM
yes! zone mode will look amazing. i love zone in pulse, it's a thousand times better than pure, and (this may upset a few) better than hd, which sometimes is too bright, not sharp and clear enough and a bit too ninety's rave with the equalizer bars!!! (sorry hardcore hd fans!!!)

DawnFireDragoon
18th February 2009, 02:11 AM
http://www.game.co.uk/PS2/Racing/~r339144/Wipeout-Pulse/

ha, now the date has gone and it just says 2009

...this games just not coming out!

:(

Echthroi
18th February 2009, 03:27 AM
Honestly, I remember back when I thought they were done...I thought they were going to stop making Wipeout right before Wipeout Fusion was released...but one day I looked in a store catalogue and there it was...Fusion. I remember that day well. I was doing cartwheels and gymnast floor routines like you wouldn't believe. I was a happy child. Haha.:D

Xavier
18th February 2009, 01:02 PM
Amazon.de has lowered the price to €34.99!

Which is great news... but... they've changed the date to June 24!

Here's the link (http://www.amazon.de/Sony-WipeOut-Pulse/dp/B001PO5LP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233478632&sr=8-2)

What could be requiring another four months? Online play?

G'Kyl
22nd February 2009, 09:33 AM
I figure it might have something to do with marketing strategies, maybe logistic reasons... I don't know. Sony's been somewhat inconsistent with release dates lately, not giving any reason most of the time. I was crushed when I heard about this delay. I was really looking forward to Pulse PS2! Still am, of course :), but it kinda sucks.

Ben

Asayyeah
22nd February 2009, 11:19 PM
Shame about the delay, i simply hope it's not canceled for some misterious reasons cause i would like to compare who s got the best speed sensation (feelings) among the wipeout serie. ( atm it's hard to compare on the small screen of the psp versus big tv screen)

I for one to think wipeout 2097/XL got the leadership but maybe pulse would make it better?

darkfaerytales
23rd February 2009, 12:14 AM
i think of the old wipeouts w3o using icaras obviously, in phantom speed...but maybe even 2097 using piranha...

DawnFireDragoon
23rd February 2009, 06:17 PM
guessing time:

1. they intend to do a double release of Wipeout Pulse PS2 and Wipeout HD - DLC at the same time (i'm sure if studio liverpool had a say in release dates and marketing they'd love this!)

2. sony dicking around, unsure about releasing it/and/or when

3. adding features

4. problems with game

5. game not coming out.

Pick one, i like Number 1 personally. Would be ok with number 3, if done right. but suspect number 2 is guilty.

Haxorger
23rd February 2009, 06:20 PM
whats the point of buying pulse for ps2 if you have it for psp. besides you can hook your psp up to your tv if you want a bigger screen. the only difference between the ps2 and psp is the controls so i think thats just plain dumb!

END OF INSULT

----------------

hmmmm.....an interesting idea. it would be kool if you could copy ur save file from ur psp to ur ps2 memcard and then continue where u left off:P and then you could copy it back to ur psp and take ur game out somewhere.

....actually....that would rock!! :D

lol it be neat is the ps3 and ps2 had a slot to insert your psp mem card into then play your games from there lol!

DawnFireDragoon
23rd February 2009, 06:48 PM
that was less of an insult and more of a single minded opinion from your own personal perspective of owning pulse and a psp alredy.

reasons for ps2 port, of the top of my head.

1. big screen (without the need for a cable, composite compatible tv and using psp as controller!)
2. dual shock controller
3. downloadable content included.
4. thousands of ps2 owners given access to a new wipeout.
5. no need to buy an expensive handheld.

END OF RETORT

GreenPhazon
24th February 2009, 03:09 PM
I was just thinking about this. Pulse sold really badly, Pure did really good and I think HD has had good sales. I can't fathom why, after the poor sales of Pulse, they'd port it to PS2.

Seraph
24th February 2009, 03:34 PM
I guess because people still buy ps2 more than psp they want to balance the sales of this title regarding the previous ones. Well that's my point of view. Maybe because the owners of ps2 are way more than those of psp they wanna try to save the title, if you get what I mean...

JABBERJAW
24th February 2009, 03:36 PM
"whats the point of buying pulse for ps2 if you have it for psp. besides you can hook your psp up to your tv if you want a bigger screen. the only difference between the ps2 and psp is the controls so i think thats just plain dumb!"

Because it will play better (framerate), and probably look better. You will also be able to play it on your early ps3 (hdmi cable). The framerate on the psp version was pretty poor (without modifications, which are not allowed on the records tables). Split screen may also be pretty good (if they take out the other ships which they did not do in HD dammit, made that game run crappy, and I am pretty sure it would run great with only two ships onscreen. If link was added (or online), we would have a pretty damn good game here dammit. :)

darkfaerytales
24th February 2009, 03:42 PM
greenphazon is right...

a port of wipeout pure sure have means big $ 100% assured, and expand support wo HD sure means further big BIG money too...

just a mistery

zargz
27th February 2009, 12:42 PM
... but... they've changed the date to June 24!

Here's the link (http://www.amazon.de/Sony-WipeOut-Pulse/dp/B001PO5LP4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233478632&sr=8-2)

What could be requiring another four months? Online play?I sure as #<!! hope so :mr-t

After playing pulse online going back to split scree feels like a huge step back.
Also with all the other online games for the ps2 and people expecting racing games to be online
this would feel like a major letdown.

No doubt this (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/images/B001PO5LP4/sr=8-2/qid=1233478632/ref=dp_otherviews_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&img=3&qid=1233478632&sr=8-2)(the last pic with the split screen) looks very nice and reminds me of the good times we had
at stins (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1930&highlight=scottish) house many-a years ago .. 2005. Even so then we could link 2 ps1 and play 4 players - 2 on each tv.
I strongly doubt there'll be a link option on this ps2 pulse, which will leave us with the one on one TT or SR
which sucks pretty badly :turd which on the other hand is still better than nothing ..

If that's the case I hope there'll be a vertical split screen as well with a wide screen option as in Quake2 for the ps1.
4 player split screen, with Only bumper view for the graphics sake, is probably too much to ask this close to release date.
This 4 pl mode (only bumper view) worked really good on the WTCC(2?) for the ps1.

*hoping I'm wrong and we get the online* :?

AG-wolf
27th February 2009, 01:39 PM
any confirmation on whether this is hitting the US? I'm sure the PAL version will have a 60hz option (this late in the PS2's lifetime, there's no reason it shouldn't), so I could always import it... but I'd like to see it locally...

Sausehuhn
27th February 2009, 02:35 PM
As much as I'm happy to see Pulse on the PS2, now that I looked at a few Fusion screenshots (remember: they're from 2002), Pulse is miles behind what the PS2 hardware can do.

Darkdrium777
27th February 2009, 02:53 PM
Indeed. This is the same problem they talked about for remaking tracks in HD. Pulse looks good on the small screen, but blown up it becomes a show of solid areas of color with practically zero detail in the textures. :?
At least it's the same game, and maybe a relaunch will help if fare better and eventually get the PSP DLC over here as well?

supersocks
28th February 2009, 12:17 PM
Judging from those small images, there seems to be larger texture resolution compared to PSP at least for the track surface and walls.

Sausehuhn
28th February 2009, 12:45 PM
Oh I was not talking about the textures, more about the details.
It's a 1:1 port as far as I know and there are no new objects added to the game.

When you look at Fusion, there is really the sense of space. It's not the feeling of three rows of buildings and behind there is nothing (which I had in WOHD for some tracks as well, just by the way). If Fusion did something well it was the feeling of being set in a real world. The tracks seemed to be in the scenery, not the scenery being around the track.

At least Fusion gave me the feeling of the objects being not just placed there for the sake of building a wall around the track to hide the fact that there's not more behind it. That's ok for a PSP game as the PSP has less power compared to the PS2, but for a PS2 game I expect a game to have a more complex scenery (http://uk.ps2.ign.com/dor/objects/14441/wipeout-fusion/images/wipeout_34.html). But then of course I can understand that the PS2-Pulse won't have it, as it's "only" meant to be a 1:1 port.

AG-wolf
28th February 2009, 01:08 PM
I like how, suddenly, people are giving Fusion a bit more credit in comparison to Pulse :3

darkfaerytales
28th February 2009, 01:39 PM
i'm in accord with you sausehuhn , if there were to give a credit to fusion is for the track design ( some track design ):+

JABBERJAW
28th February 2009, 02:57 PM
Even if the graphics are better in fusion, A new pulse put out for the ps2 is a plus. I don't see why there is complaining about it, even if it is a 1:1 port. It would be nice to have all the features, like link/negcon, but even without them, it is still a plus for wipeout as a whole. Not to say they shouldn't add a bunch of features like online/negcon/one one one/link/faster speed/hd physics,ect, but even as is, it will be good just because of using a regular controller. Hell, I'd be happy if it was ported to the ps1. Sure, they should be working on Wipeout PROPER, but I seriously doubt it is the same people working on both at this time.

zargz
28th February 2009, 03:38 PM
True. I wouldn't mind even if the graphics were as the prototypes on wo3.
I actually like the look of those tracks :D

Medusa
2nd March 2009, 05:22 PM
:o Hey, zargz is alive! Hey man! And in Thailand! I'll have a Singha for you.

Maybe I'll be back playing Pulse on PS2 before I ever get my grubby hands on HD. Such is the way life goes. With the economic meltdown, perhaps this game will be the fastest/cheapest way for Sony to get more $$ out of our beloved franchise. They have to make profits somewhere, releasing a game on 2 consoles, good way to try.

Frances_Penfold
3rd March 2009, 05:28 PM
Good to see Medusa and Zargz here :)

I'm pleased to hear that Pulse may get released on PS2-- though also shocked, because PS2 software sales have fallen off a cliff over the past several months. It seems that the Wii and the DS, and to a lesser extent the Xbox360, are finally replacing the PS2 even amongst casual gamers. Perhaps the costs of porting Pulse are low enough that it's still worth the effort?

In any case, Pulse deserves more love!

So what are the chances of Pulse PS2 getting a North American release? Given that Sony can't even release completed DLC for the PSP version the odds can't be good, I don't think.

Cyberio
4th March 2009, 12:46 PM
I have a PS3, but i am still playing with PS2 so i will buy this one when it arrives!
Is probably the definitive release date, June, for the game?
It is a great game for being in PS2 and for those (like me) who don't have a PSP.

DawnFireDragoon
4th March 2009, 04:37 PM
it's great to see a lot of people still have interest in the idea of this port!!! :)

Velocitar64
5th March 2009, 06:28 PM
EXCELLENT! I'll finally get a good play of this game, thanks for the info!

Xavier
5th March 2009, 07:02 PM
Sausehuhn, that's a great shot of Florion Heights. On that same site, they also have this good one of Cubiss Float:

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/wipeout/wipeout_33_640w.jpg

Love that sense of scale. You know what would be a great "cheat mode" addition? A free-roaming camera that would let us see the game from these great angles!

And -- back to Pulse on PS2 -- they'd better port it to North America, after what they did to North Americans with the DLC. But this goes double for Japan. Japan never even got the game on the PSP! At least PSP games are region-free, so they can import them, but they still can't get DLC either.

zargz
15th March 2009, 05:41 PM
Hey Medusa and Frances! Nice to see some familiar names here :)

So guys .. any news on the topic?

:?

kaori
15th March 2009, 06:32 PM
Cool screenshots, we can see some DLC tracks, and multiplayer mode with 4 bots.

Darkdrium777
16th March 2009, 11:30 PM
Yes indeed, the PS2 version features split screen play with four AI opponents, and the DLC tracks. Also featuring is the removed engine flare (Probably for the same reason as in WipEout HD), but higher resolution textures (As seen on The Amphiseum and Platinum Rush).

Kaori is talking about those screenshots, but I don't know if they've been posted here already. So here they are:

Picture 1 (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Zsyc%2BxCOL._SS400_.jpg) | Picture 2 (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-rPzEZwDL._SS400_.jpg) | Picture 3 (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nLyXVbKKL._SS400_.jpg) | Picture 4 (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vccYbcvbL._SS400_.jpg)

kaori
17th March 2009, 09:14 AM
Yes the link was here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115320&postcount=221), (touch "this"), I hesitated to put it again.

zargz
17th March 2009, 12:13 PM
On picture 4 >>> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vccYbcvbL._SS400_.jpg
the half screen of 1 player is so wide that if you cut it in two you can easily have
4 squares with the same dimensions of a normal tv screen = 4 players on one ps3.
I'm still hoping for a 4 player mode even if they make it with Only Bumpers Cam view
(may be also a view where you see only the nose of the ship?!)
Like choose between 2 players with no cpu, 2 players with 4 cpu or just 4 players. All on one ps3/tv!
All this assuming that we are not gonna get Infrastructure :?
Best scenario of course - getting 2 pl, 4 pl and infrastructure! That would be awesome! :nod

KIGO1987
17th March 2009, 02:34 PM
Is the PS2 Pulse out yet?

Would it work on the old school PS3s?

yeldar2097
17th March 2009, 03:47 PM
i'm pretty sure it will, backwards compatability is backwards compatability.
i love my 'retro' PS3 :lol
i wonder if my ps2 emu will work...might be too graphics intensive...

RJ O'Connell
17th March 2009, 04:20 PM
I'm not jealous that this game will never see a US release, not at all...>_>

yeldar2097
17th March 2009, 05:33 PM
importimportimport! imports make life much better :D
when's it out?

AG-wolf
17th March 2009, 05:44 PM
wait wait, what removed engine flare? and what parallel to WOHD?

Darkdrium777
17th March 2009, 07:24 PM
AG-Wolf:

WipEout Pulse [PSP] (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/images/pp/w/i/wioppp044.jpg) | WipEout Pulse [PS2] (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-rPzEZwDL._SS400_.jpg)

Notice anything missing in the contrail? The flare is gone. The parallel with WipEout HD is that it's also missing in there. :)

RJ:

How is it not coming in the US? :?

zargz
17th March 2009, 08:11 PM
Well, it's still looking ok - remember the contrails in wo3? :D

GreenPhazon
17th March 2009, 08:39 PM
I never noticed that before, but it's much better (but arguably less realistic) without the flare IMO.

RJ O'Connell
17th March 2009, 09:32 PM
RJ:

How is it not coming in the US? :?
How is it definitely coming to the US? For the record this game has yet to appear on US release charts.

Yeldar: Until they make a region-free PS2, an imported copy would be worthless. Especially if I can't play it.