PDA

View Full Version : wipeout port

JABBERJAW
7th May 2008, 03:48 PM
If there was a port of wipeout pure or pulse to the ps2(or a new game), what would you like in it. This would be my list

1) put in negcon support, or the complaints on this site will go through the roof
negcon=6 buttons, psp = 6 buttons. dpad for barrel roll and pitch. I know it is
harder than that, but it is a perfect fit

2) Either a Faster speed class added(15%), or just speed the game up. It isdoes not look
fast enough when put on a television with the component cables at the top speeds,
although on the small psp screen it does.

and
7th May 2008, 07:38 PM
1) Skip the barrel rolls

2) NegCon Support

3) Make the crafts bounce a little when hitting the side walls, hate the way the crafts get stuck in'em.

4) More floatyness and less vertical aligning to the track when not on magstrip

5) Download packs included

6) Skip the corny voice introducing the tracks.

This would make it the best game in the series ever. Unfortunately I don't think they would put that much effort into it.

JABBERJAW
8th May 2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Lance, could you move this to wipeout pulse? Since it is supposedly going to be ported to ps2

Lance
9th May 2008, 12:07 AM
Mmmm... well, if I move it there, it should also be combined with the thread that now exists and talks about the Pulse port, and that would screw up the discussion flow of both threads. But a general thread on the porting issue is still a good idea in my opinion, and this is a good section for it, so I'm in favour of leaving it here for its more generalised usefulness than that of the Pulse specialty thread

Nadia Elenova
9th May 2008, 10:43 AM
1) Skip the barrel rolls

How about "set an option to deactivate BR"?

Rapier Racer
10th May 2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah but then the people who value records would have to turn them on anyway wouldn't they?

omega329
10th May 2008, 07:08 PM
Seperate record tables kinda sorts that...

RJ O'Connell
15th May 2008, 02:18 AM
1) Improved frame rate, given the superior hardware of the PS2. With necessary resolution improvements (there would certainly have to be) either game could do 60 FPS.

2) At least the option to disable barrel roll turbo boost abilities for online racing, or make the shield drain for using it much more severe.

3) Content from the regular download packs available from purchase. And that means no CokeStyle packs, no MediEvil, no Omega pack in Pure, and no undetected errors that keep Icaras from running online in Pulse.

4) Expanded fields of 12-16 ships for single player racing. Keeping it at 8 for multiplayer is perfectly fine.

5) Split-screen multiplayer. You know, for those times when you have friends at the house and the internet stops working, but you still want to play against someone at Wipeout.

And I'd like to wish SL would create some pilot profiles like F-Zero, Extreme-G, Quantum Redshift, Jet Moto, etc. But that would be asking a bit much I guess. (Oh well.)