PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home & HD?

Rapier Racer
13th April 2008, 07:13 PM
I don't know if anyone would be allowed to comment on this or not but here goes anyway.

Sure most people are aware of what Playstation Home is and that its not too far away now. Apparently it's got trophy rooms and some sort of achievement system like the 360 amongst a lot of other things that aim to seriously improve the online offering from Playstation.

So does Wipeout HD interact with Home in any way?

cybrpnk
13th April 2008, 08:14 PM
I hope it does...and I reckon it does...WipEout being one of Sony's flagship series, it would be unwise not to be integrated into Home somehow...

Would love to deck out my Home space with WipEout themed stuff plastered everywhere...

The future of the PS3 is going to change dramatically when Home arrives...lets hope all this time putting into delaying the beast has proved fruitful in a positive way...

BARTgai
14th April 2008, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I would love to put a gold-plated FEISAR in my trophy room :g I read a little about Home and it looks epic :)

mdhay
15th April 2008, 06:58 PM
Next you'll make a Feisar on Little Big Planet.

Darkdrium777
15th April 2008, 10:25 PM
Since we can make basically anything on LittleBigPlanet, who will be the first to make a working AG craft flying around a WipEout circuit? xD

TheFrostE
15th April 2008, 10:30 PM
i will shed tears of joy when i see that

mangaroo
24th April 2008, 02:11 PM
Since we can make basically anything on LittleBigPlanet, who will be the first to make a working AG craft flying around a WipEout circuit? xD

That would be ... intense if it was possible. We could make it like the helicopter flash game....although i don't think it actually is possible. We control a character in LBP not any of the objects =( and i have yet to see a vehicle that isn't "moveable" due to its wheels in LBP videos.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Littlebigplanetscreen814_screen.jpg

It is early still and i guess it's not the point of LBP but i can just imagine how awesome that would be:

Sackgirl: Eugh, COME ON!
Sackboy: I'm trying!
Sackgirl: Try harder! Oh, just watch me do it!
Sackboy: $@$£@£ ^£@$£
Ragdoll in Assegai: WHOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHH!!!

*Sackgirl and Sackboy spinning 1080 degrees before collapsing*

Back on topic, i wonder how the Home open beta delay will affect the game's incorporation of Home achievements or what not. I know Warhawk apparently still has it...although to be honest if the choice was a delay to wipeoutHD or no wipeout home features...Home can bite dust!

Oh, and good day everyone :D I'm new to the forums...(as you can tell by post:1 )

Skvall
24th April 2008, 03:22 PM
"if the choice was a delay to wipeoutHD or no wipeout home features...Home can bite dust!"

Haha indeed. And welcome. :)

Assimilator
24th April 2008, 09:40 PM
no more delays already 5 months late form last years og published rls date
home can go bite a dead dogs donnga

mdhay
13th May 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm not even going to try and translate that.;)

Skvall
14th May 2008, 08:15 AM
I would like homefeatures in the game but now Home open beta are delayed to late this year so I guess we wont get it. Half of the games im gonna own later will not have home support I guess. Sony are too late. =P

BaldyCurly
14th May 2008, 01:23 PM
I agree delaies to home have hurt us ps3 owners. I don't care much for my own 3d house, quite happy with my real house (other then the cost these days!)

But the framework home is meant to add for online is needed so badly, no common framework for in game messaging, game invites, etc. I heard a rumor that private lobbies and freinds optiosn are missing from GTP due to no home framework, which means you end up racing fools alot online which is no fun.

Skvall
16th May 2008, 08:26 AM
Ok just saw this demonstration of how the games can be launched via Home. And suddenly I feel a strong demand for a "Home"-patch for every onlinegame I will own(yes im looking at you WOHD!). =P And the offline ones too I guess hehe.

Obviously both Motorstorm and Warhawk will be well implemented with Home. (warhawk will have new rooms to discuss strategies and stuff..)

Got my hopes up for online on Ps3 compared to Live. If we are lucky it might even be better than Live in the end..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/216821.html

kaori
7th July 2010, 05:31 PM
WipEout serie come in PS Home :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/07/07/playstation-home-wipeout-museum-monkey-island-2-and-more/

ACE-FLO
7th July 2010, 05:34 PM
Ok, I'm up for the Team Logo Hunt - I want that head gear for HOME :g (cringes and recover)

Nice find Kaori, :+

KIGO1987
7th July 2010, 05:41 PM
Nice find indeed Jonathan. This would give me a reason to pop onto HOME and check this out.

Just had a look at the first page of this thread, just noticed that Darkdrium777 isnt banned anymore. sweeeeet.8)

KGB
7th July 2010, 05:46 PM
Cool, might see some of you there. The only person I have seen in home was Chaos80 when it first came out.

KIGO1987
7th July 2010, 06:26 PM
Just went on HOME for the first time in a year. Couldnt find this room anywhere. Realizing it hasnt been released yet on HOME, stupid me.... lol. Did find Ace-Flo in the RedBull beach though. Gotta be honest Perth beaches are better than these beaches. lol.

DreamyElf
7th July 2010, 06:30 PM
thank you for the info.
i use Home from time to time but usually all the places are empty and feel haunted...
last time i logged in, i checked the world cup place and was completely empty...
this wipeout place looks interesting though!
i'll check it later. :)

Axel
7th July 2010, 09:12 PM
I totally forgot about Home lol. But this is the only reason while I would head back. Definitely need to check this out. could be a sign that the series isn't totally dead?

ACE-FLO
7th July 2010, 09:15 PM
^ I had the same thought not so long ago :) more wipEOut games are walws wElcome

zeeZ
7th July 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm in on the logo hunt!

Only occasionally visit home, it feels just too cloggy and slow and takes forever to load...

leungbok
8th July 2010, 12:29 PM
Just went on wipeout museum, and the place looks cool. I like the graphics and the external view of a track is a great idea ! :) Not many things to do IMO, i tried to play the arcade game but there was always some guy using it :brickwall Zoners should have some priority cards !! :D

KGB
8th July 2010, 02:03 PM
Anyone checked the credits for the little 2D games? A name you may recognise ;).

yeldar2097
8th July 2010, 02:23 PM
Never used home before, using it now to have a quick shufti at the WO Museum ^_^

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG you can Sideshift in these mini-games :eek

Fastest lap Vineta K - 15.92 :hyper

If only this were WOHD :lol

KGB
8th July 2010, 02:42 PM
Are you still in there Yeldar, I forgot to see if you could launch the game from there?

ACE-FLO
8th July 2010, 02:46 PM
be there in a sec LOL

yeldar2097
8th July 2010, 03:00 PM
Not at the moment, will be in about 30 seconds. I'll have a lookskie :)

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 03:04 PM
Just went on wipeout museum, and the place looks cool. I like the graphics and the external view of a track is a great idea ! :) Not many things to do IMO, i tried to play the arcade game but there was always some guy using it :brickwall Zoners should have some priority cards !! :D

Oh christ :(
both my balls and both my arms just landed on the floor at maximum velocity :turd

DreamyElf
8th July 2010, 04:07 PM
i found WipEout museum very nice and warm place unlike other Home places...(maybe because i love WipEout? lol)
i loved the robot DJ and the prototypes ships Icaras and Feisar!:D

the mini arcade game was very FUN. it reminded me the days when i was playing GTA 2...
i think the elite difficulty was easy imo.
the tracks maybe different but the feeling of running on each one was great!
clouds on sol 2, tunnel(!) on chenghou p...:clap
i saw in the credits that the designer was Zico, kudos to him!

sadly, i couldn't find all the logos...
i searched for over 30 minutes but i couldn't locate the harimau logo. :(

anyway it seems like a good place for virtual-meetings for zoners!
so maybe i'll see some of you there sometime... ;)

ACE-FLO
8th July 2010, 04:43 PM
I had the piranha badge left and I got frustrated enough to just quit... my my, I quit a wipeout game LOL

Ok, here it is...

So you're in PSN HOME, Wipeout Museum. Go to the cnetre thing, and start the team hunt thingy...

You have to find these lights.

On the wall, there are some Piranha Paintings, one has a light, it unlocks the Assegai logo

move along to the AG Terminal Exit, right there on the side of the exit is another light. Auricom logo doneski.

Can you see the big tv screen? Go to it, wher the panda logo thing with the flashy pink heart is, and look opposite, - where it says "domestically engineered robot" is another light - AG-SYS brappe brappe

Now, go upstaisrs to the sky deck - on the balcony ther should be a good view of the race track, and a light to get, this is the EG-X light.

Stay upstaris, dont run off yet, see the red round cushions? one of those has a light - Harimau logo ZING!

Now, you see that robo-DJ? cool huh? funky beats for the win haha - anyway, on the floor as you enter his DJ booth, is a light - G-45 logo, the light is on the floor - tricky spot!

Now, take the staris down...

Oooh, a nice FEISAR ship, front of which is a light for the FEISAR logo and the around the back is a light for the Triakis logo - 2 in 1 walkaround...

see the Icaras now don't ya - on the side of it is the Icaras badge, got it? good, dont wander too far - by the window overlooking the race track, between the Icaras ship and the 2D games, just ther eis a light for the Mirage shiip logo...

Now, walk along the 2D arcade machine games, and there are two badges to collect, the Piranha and the Qirex... that's all 12 logos, and you now have a Panda head to wear - press START button and check out your rewards...

;) that's all folks :D

Darkdrium777
8th July 2010, 05:36 PM
So they finally did it, that is incredibly awesome. I uninstalled Home unfortunately as I was no longer using it. Now I don't think I have enough space on my hard disk (Delete some of your videos funny guy!) but if I have I will definitely try and check this out.

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 05:49 PM
Just reading this is breaking my balls, no make that twisting them in a knot and squeezing them really hard till they pop.

This time yesterday i meet up with Ace on HOME Red Bull beach or something. Wish the WipeoutHD room was out yesterday, then i would of seen it........ gah XD!

Someone take some ingame screen shots i wouldnt mind seeing this, this sounds pretty sweet.

OBH
8th July 2010, 06:13 PM
Hugely disappointed in my opinion.

When i saw "WipEout Musem" I thought sweeeeet! Except theres only 3 full scale ships (and the mirage one is blue!!!!!????? :turd) takes the media about a week to load, and despite me sitting in the middle of the room hosting a game session for half an hour not one single person joined :(

Going to the balcony and seeing the track outside was cool though.

It said it was going to be a "celebration of the series' 15 years" except the only thing on display about the previous games is a billboard with each games front cover, and theres a montage playing consisting of footage from all the games.

edit:
okay, while looking for screenshots, i found this video....and i clearly missed a few things!! :beer
http://www.made2game.com/2010/07/08/playstation-home-update/

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 06:29 PM
That video actually looked pretty sweet.

Gareth you now have some ideas for you pissup you are hosting over there in Surrey. Get a robot DJ there lol 8) and Ace can supply the product to all the people on the dance floor :G.

Haydn what track could you see out of the window? Looks like ChengProject in the video.

OBH
8th July 2010, 06:34 PM
I didnt pay too much attention to what track to be honest. By colour alone id guess it was CP or VK, but the cityscape was very different to anything id instantly recognise.

The ships look awfully small when they fly past too.

KIGO1987
8th July 2010, 06:45 PM
Maybe the ships are not running on BP 98RON or something, thats what happens when you put the wrong fuel in your vehicle.

From the video it looks alot like Schezwan Province track.

There should be a red hair piece wig in the room with the Harimau logo on it. Just for Gaza :P

Darkdrium777
8th July 2010, 07:08 PM
Well I definitely cannot beat the Elite AI in WipEout 2D with Goteki45. But with Icaras, on my first try I did.
I noticed the speed difference was outrageous between both ships.
It's a fun minigame though :P Thanks Zico, after those grey hairs you gave us that's a nice thing to do xD

akirapill
8th July 2010, 07:14 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134697#post134697

Great minds think alike!

ACE-FLO
8th July 2010, 08:10 PM
lol at Asa's post below yours... I guess great minds don't need to read forum rules :D

Darkdrium777
8th July 2010, 08:11 PM
Ok so I did beat it with Goteki but I had it breathing down my neck. With Icaras it's much easier. Looks like it's Wip3out all over again :D

The DJ is great fun though. Kudos to whoever thought of that. If this space will be updated, perhaps we can see more tracks for the WipEout 2D, and more music? That would be nice. Also perhaps promote available WipEout HD online games on a screen somewhere in the space?

kaori
8th July 2010, 10:32 PM
I have my panda head, yeah ! kanar need that :lol

brainbeat
8th July 2010, 10:35 PM
Awesome idea. Get on it sony lol. Would love wipeouttv@home

Danterich
9th July 2010, 03:55 AM
... that's all 12 logos, and you now have a Panda head to wear - press START button and check out your rewards...

;) that's all folks :D

thats NOT all folks:
if you collected all 12 logos and got the panda helmet, go to the entrance( where the wipeout-cover-posters are), press the light on the door and you´ll get a CAT-HELMET!!

kaori
9th July 2010, 06:19 AM
Oh yes thanks Danterich :cowboy

F.E.I.S.A.R
9th July 2010, 07:24 AM
I wonder....Is this available in Asia,specifically Southeast Asia?

ACE-FLO
9th July 2010, 11:08 AM
thats NOT all folks:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO more FREE stuff :lol you can tell i'm Indian right? free stuff ftw :D

Just for Dark Drium777 :g

akirapill
9th July 2010, 12:31 PM
Everyone should take their shoes off in the museum, you know make themselves at home (truth is my avatar hasn't worn shoes since I made him but hay). Plus if everyone who read this thread did it we'd know to say hi.

abukii
9th July 2010, 08:29 PM
If anyone saw me in HOME yesterday, I appologise...I was in HEAVEN!!! Complete with chatting with the DJ Bot and television screens (I swear they spoke to me). The prizes are great. I wont spoil anything for the few that dont have them and WipEout 2D is just THE STUFF...good fun!!

Darkdrium777
10th July 2010, 06:11 AM
For those who don't have a PS3 I've set up a small screenshot gallery at Imageshack here (http://img295.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=photoplaystationhome107.jpg).
Yep, the useless transforming robot from Modesto Heights made it in :D

AUTOBOTS, FLY OUT!

KIGO1987
10th July 2010, 11:26 AM
Awesome. Cheers for the link. Just what i was waiting for someone to put up. Ive got an idea what track that you can see through the window. I think it is Modesto Heights at dusk.

Darkdrium777
10th July 2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think it's any particular tracks. Background looks like Chengou project, track looks like Sol 2 (open walls) but isn't exactly following the curve of it. It's just a track they made for Home I think :)

WipEout 2D Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPxBtl76fdw)

zeeZ
10th July 2010, 05:37 PM
Model "Icarus" v4.0, eh?

KIGO1987
12th July 2010, 04:59 PM
Just wondering, i never had a chance to try this out before the PS3 crapped out on me, but does the bluetooth headset work in HOME? What i mean also, can you audio talk to one another in HOME?

ACE-FLO
12th July 2010, 05:34 PM
it does give you the option to use headsets I think, actually i'm pretty sure - but I've never used this feature as I have no idea as to how to go about it :D

KIGO1987
12th July 2010, 05:39 PM
Cool then, we should meet up in the Wipeout Museum, you can show me around the place and we can have a good yarn there too while we are at it. When i get my PS3 back of course.8)

Darkdrium777
12th July 2010, 07:20 PM
Open your PDA and go to your friends list, and select to call a friend. You should have private voice chat by then, if your friend accepts.
Otherwise I think it is voice chat to everyone but only the people close to you can hear you. I can't remember if it's push to talk or voice activated.
Of course, requires a bluetooth headset or PSEye. ;)

KIGO1987
19th July 2010, 09:26 PM
Had a check out of the Wipeout museum today. looks pretty sweet. the amount of effort put into the game is incredible. I can see Zico Lui put a bit of his effort into things.

Just discovered the name of the soundtrack for the Pulse and HD main page theme screen "kinetic combat superglide" Goes for about 7minutes, and sounds a bit different on the extended version compared to the looped version in the game itself. Robot DJ is awesome. Wouldnt mind one for myself sometime:)

Darkdrium777
19th July 2010, 11:15 PM
I don't think it's called that actually. I found a video of someone playing Kinetic on the PlayStation 2 Eye Toy on Youtube, and the music from the WO Pulse menu played in it, so I asked the name of the music.
He said it was: Mighty Atom by Switchshift.

Curiously, here's Switchshift website (http://www.switchshift.co.uk/). ;)

Fasty
20th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, I thought it was ok, but I was also a little disappointed to find only three ships. When I saw that there was a museum I was sooooo hoping to find lifesize models of ships form the original and 2097 era, either in their full low-poly glory or somehow reimagined slightly to be made to look a little more realistic. Also some behind the scenes stuff would have been awesome, like hearing about what goes into designing a track or what considerations were made when it came to handling and things. Ahh well, it's still good to see wipeout being promoted heavily!

kanar
21st July 2010, 09:21 AM
Just found that recently, and I can say I'm loving it. Sure, racing syncopia wth all my fellow pilots online last we was even more awesome, but this stuff gave me the real taste of Home. Ah ah no surprise to be honest, for the first time I'm finding something in my tastes in this virtual place. It's a great way to promote the game btw, dunno exactly who's using home pretty often (which kind of gamer I mean), but this place could be, at least for us, a great place to organize meetings, or have a chat like Kieran said... or dance lol; yeah this robot is Awesome, just spent 10 mn in the space and ended dancing wth the robot lol. Still need to explore that deeper, complete the minigames you guys talked about... arh need to find time for that.

KIGO1987
21st July 2010, 11:03 AM
I find HOME is an application on the PSN with much potential. The day i went on HOME with Ace the day before my PS3 chucked the YLOD on me trying to find the Wipeout Museum was the first time ive been on HOME before since 2008. It has changed alot since then, has become more user friendly and has more better selection options. I was looking at my settings in HOME, saw i was still apart of the wz group created there, not sure who created that, must of been quite some time ago for it to not come off the top of my head. But something like that would be a good idea for meeting places, and a bit of a place for mates to have a quick yarn. Wipeout Museum could be one of those meet places also. Is an awesome place. Lol at the grey-blue Mirage ship in the lobby of the HOME location. The DJ robot thing is awesome. I could see this Wipeout Museum room extended in due time, quite a good idea that has been put into practice. Illustrates there just might be another WO in the works in a few years time with interests in this.

I did notice Zico Lui did create the 2D game on the far side of the Wipeout Museum room, lol. Seems like he has made a bit of a name for himself:p

RedScar
7th August 2010, 06:17 PM
So I open up my email today and see I have a thing from PSN. I normally delete them right away but I open it up and I get something telling me this month on PS Home there will be a Museum in PS Home dedicated to WO.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-home/index.htm?EMC-News&ATTR=PSU_HomeNews_W010_PS3_ALI_001_Home_H

Looks like I will have to re-dl home and install it some time this month to check this out.

(Sry, didn't know this thread existed)

BulletWraith
8th August 2010, 12:48 AM
this crazy good:rock
thanks RedScar!

zer:donutshen

Sausehuhn
8th August 2010, 12:45 PM
Looks like a nice place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVq77QaulO8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGE3VYcFEhk&feature=related

They even have the ship models there and a track-part you can look at. And logos, logos, logos :D I also saw the WipEout1 Intro :)
Ah: And an advertisement for WipEout Flight Suits :P

General question: Is all that WipEout stuff besides the games made by Studio Liverpool? It looks very detailed and like made with passion. Hats off.

BulletWraith
8th August 2010, 01:25 PM
got my wipEr helmet:rock
the racing game is fun too, the shooter not so much

-zer:donut

LOUDandPROUD
8th August 2010, 02:30 PM
Saw this thread last night and decided to pop into Home and check out this Wipeout Museum...pretty cool stuff! I saw the ads for Wipeout clothing too...promptly went over to the mall and bought the FX350 t-shirt for 49 cents...I felt stupid actually buying something in Home (I vowed to never do that, as I'm not a silly teen, ha ha), but I simply couldn't resist supporting the game and being a walking advertisement. Didn't even realize that the back of the shirt acts as a working Feisar billboard with the name and logo constantly appearing and disappearing...nice surprise, especially since I'm a Feisar guy. I may have to invest in a full pilot's suit when they become available too, LOL. :nod

lovedr
11th August 2010, 02:53 PM
i love it - it's not wrong to want to live there? i bought all the furniture too, my god, they're devine, would pay serious money to have real versions of some of the sofas / chairs.

whole area could do with being a little bigger imo.

Sausehuhn
11th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Sooo … if one could make close-up screenshots of those Shirts … and if the resolution is high enough … then there are chances to see them in real life :D

Darkdrium777
12th August 2010, 06:17 AM
Uhh... Yeah I guess you could, but someone would have to make one of these very expensive shirts that light up in the form of the shirts of WipEout on HOME first. ;)

Sausehuhn
22nd August 2010, 08:40 PM
Okay, okay, without the animation of course (even though there are (http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/22/ipad-toting-syte-shirt-redefines-multitasking/) ways to do it ;))

And does somebody know where's the music from that plays in the DJ section?

kanar
24th August 2010, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

We'll try to draw lots (of the avalon cup) live at the wipeout museum this week-end, if I'm right on schedule with the seeded players thing & if there's no last minute withdrawal that can't be fixed quickly.

So rendezvous is set to saturday, aug. 28, 23H00 GMT (TBC on friday). Everyone is invited of course, not just the registered pilots of the cup. Maybe I should add something like WZ, mobilize! or not lol. Anyway, it could be a good opportunity to already arrange your 1st round meeting with your opponent, but also share some piloting tips, racing experiences, exchange psn IDs & maybe make new friends eh eh. So hope to see you all to burn the dancefloor;)!
rendezvous point near the robot dj btw. Loving this dude ah ah.

Darkdrium777
24th August 2010, 11:19 PM
Guys one thing I have to say about how Home works though.

The "game" creates as many instances of the same space as necessary for all the people to be able to connect.

For example:

Say the limit of users able to get on to one instance is 32, the game will fill the space with 32 people. But then, if one more connects, the game will make one more instance for that player, as well as any more players, until it's filled with 32 players again, and so on (Like parallel universes filled with different people.)

So, that means if you give each other a date and meeting place, you might not be able to see each other because of these multiple instances of the same space.

If you actually want to meet each other, then somebody will have to add everyone who wishes to attend to his friends list.

Now once in Home, the guy who added everyone will connect to a space in the WipEout Museum.
The people who wish to attend will press the start button to open the PDA, navigate to their friends list and see that the "host" is connected on Home. There are options available to join them. Do that, and normally you should be able to connect to the same instance of the space as him.
Everyone does that, and it's party time near the robot.

However, this whole process is REGION LOCKED. If you are not in Europe, and for example kanar is the host you wish to join, you will not be able to join them. You will have to use a spoof account made for Europe. The process to create a European account is easy, plus I don't think it requires an actual street address so you can do whatever you want. Finally, for the e-mail I do think that e-mails from @spam.la (http://www.spam.la/) (Fake e-mails) still work for European PSN.

kanar
25th August 2010, 08:42 AM
woah, big thanks for these explanations Xavier, especially the parallel universes part & the region restrictions; damn this home meeting won't be available for everyone as far as I understand (especially for non european users). Well, that sucks a bit, plus my friendlist is about to explode too, so adding sub psn IDs just for this rendezvous seems impossible. Unless I'm using a 2nd account myself with available psn friend entries like kanar_is_back. But I'm doubting people outside europe are going to create sub euro accounts just for home anyway. woah so complicated ah ah.

Chet_BG
25th August 2010, 08:58 AM
That's what meant in the other thread, but my English isn't so great and I probably didn't explain it well enough.
And one question. Saturday 23:00 GMT is Sunday 00:00 UK time at the moment, right?

kanar
25th August 2010, 09:08 AM
Yes Chet lol, Dark explained in details here but I remember you talked about these parallel universes... grr Sony are weirdoes. And yes you're right, just found out UK isn't in GMT atm (GMT+1), so it means GMT+2 for me gah. But yeah let's keep this 23:00 GMT schedule (the wife will sleep ah ah)

Dark_Phantom_89
25th August 2010, 02:17 PM
I don't have Home and heard that it takes quite a bit of space up on your HDD to install - I don't have a lot of space left :paperbag

Will you be posting the lot drawing results here as well Kanar?

kanar
25th August 2010, 03:06 PM
of course DP, as soon as the "ceremony" is done I'll post the board here, and I'll send a pm to everyone with all the latest infos (SPAMMING MODE : ON lol).

MetaKraken
13th September 2010, 07:10 PM
The Wipeout on PSHome is really awesome. 'Nuff said.

Avenger2197
18th September 2010, 03:13 AM
And does somebody know where's the music from that plays in the DJ section?

Actually, some of it is from the PSX game "Blast Radius". I think all of it is old Psygnosis/SL tracks from previous games.(non-WO)

The museum is beautiful, very well done! Now if only we could get Wipeout personal spaces. :)

TwitchySpitfire
8th October 2010, 12:03 AM
Anyone still hang around there (daily or every other day)? I run into players/users who don't appear to be interested in the game itself.

blackwiggle
8th October 2010, 12:45 AM
I think that's mainly because Wipeout HD/FURY hasn't been made launchable from within HOME, it was slated for it to happen but it never did, and a really doubt it ever will.:frown:

TwitchySpitfire
8th October 2010, 12:59 AM
No kidding? Is that what those "other" interface ports are for in the center of the large room?

kanar
8th October 2010, 06:09 AM
I'm loving the ps museum myself, but yeah I'm not using home very often. But we'll probably organise the drawing lots ceremony at this place once again, as it's def a funny way to meet all together on special occasions.

kanar
18th October 2010, 02:19 PM
ok guys just to let you know that we'll organize a giant party on the wipeout museum mid-december. The definitive wipeout hd cup board will be revealed on this occasion, just before the announcement here & the individual psn pm notification. I'll give more infos soon, but everything should work well as all the 256 pilots will be linked to one cup manager (blocks of 32), and all the managers to me (I'm talking about the playstation Home limitations there lol), so everyone should be at the same time, at the same place. Oh if you're outside the euro zone, and if you want to participate, don't forget to set & use a 2nd EURO account, and add a cup manager as a friend. I'll give you more infos about this party soon :P

kanar
12th November 2010, 10:49 AM
ok a quick update regarding this upcoming party :)

We'll probably set the date to the early days of December, and it will be in honor of the future avalon cup winner :cowboy. Hope the majority of the 64 avalon cup pilots will be there, for some souvenir pics ah ah. I previously said there the final draw of the Monster cup (wohd cup) will take place at the wo museum, & I realised it's impossible lol. Way too much datas. So this ceremony just for one thing:

WIPEOUT PILOTS PARTY :hyper HAIL TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL

It will be the good moment to make some contacts with the guys in your board, your 1st round opponent if he's here, wth your Raptor (cup community manager in charge of your board). Or you could just share some good wipeout memories together, or you could dance wth DJ Robot or Pandaman... Of course all the ceremony will be recorded and don't forget you have a camera in ps home, so hope you could shoot lots of pics for some awesome wohd cup wallpapers eh eh.

We have the opportunity to organise one of the biggest ps home manifestation here, and lol this one isn't organised by Sony. We have the opportunity to make a lot of noise here lol.

If you want to participate :

You have to be linked wth one cup manager, as all the managers are linked wth me (I'm talking about the playstation Home limitations there, some people couldn't be seen as Sony servers have an avatar number limitation). So everyone should be seen at the same time, at the same place. Oh if you're outside the euro zone, and if you want to participate, don't forget to set & use a 2nd EURO account, and add a cup manager as a friend. I'll give you more infos about this party soon :p

Medusa
16th November 2010, 04:39 PM
I don't know if I'm missing an important step or something, but I cannot sign into the PSN with my European ID. It says "You cannot sign in with another person's ID" or something close to that. Is there some kind of reset I need to do before I can log in with the other ID? Because it's not working for me at the moment. (And just when I get the pink panda head for my NA account too, LOL)

DaMiGi63
18th November 2010, 01:49 PM
This is a doable for myself as I do have a 2nd username, DaMiGiX on my PS 3, thats the one that I use to sign onto the Euro server.

Medusa
18th November 2010, 09:31 PM
Oh, so I just have to create another user on the PS3? *smacks head* (twice)

MaxiM
21st November 2010, 01:00 AM
w00t! Can't wait to see that. I'm hanging out in the museum a lot but most people doesn't even seem to know the game.

Woopzilla
21st November 2010, 03:13 AM
I've actually tried out Home for the first time today. I can't believe that the main hall/room has a huge Mirage hanging from the ceiling... boo! Where's my life size AG-SYS?

Feisar and Icaras Fury are in there too.

It certainly will be cool to have all the top pilots in that room. :D

DaMiGi63
21st November 2010, 04:44 AM
w00t! Can't wait to see that. I'm hanging out in the museum a lot but most people doesn't even seem to know the game.

Extremely sad in that :(, People don't know the rush that they're missing ;)

kanar
21st November 2010, 11:25 AM
PS Home ceremony is still scheduled for the early days of December, we could organise maybe (maybe) a rehearsal for some teaser needs before, as I think we need some kind of counter attack with this gt5 release. I'm sure at 100% a teaser featuring 50/100 wipeout pilots dancing all together at the wipeout museum could have a great & positive impact on the registrations.

If you guys are interested, just let me know here, we could try to arrange that if JJPAP or Hellfire or another of our mate wth a PVR can be around for this rehearsal. Obviously it could be the best wipeout HD teaser ever there.

Medusa
21st November 2010, 01:45 PM
kanar, I'm gone from Nov. 25-30 but will definitely join in if it's before then. Just give me time, I'll be there if I'm not at work. :+

Aeroracer
21st November 2010, 02:12 PM
i went to ps home and wipeout museum for first time.it seems good this party thing seems like it may be fun...
thing is when i went there there were many weirdos that just come up to you asking to do cam sex and other weird stuff. can we stop these people from being there.yes.. i know you can block players but it kinda defeats the object as you can only block somone after they have done something to creep u out enough to block them.if there a way to like just be visible to friends and friends of your friends or something.so these undesirables cant play about.

kanar
21st November 2010, 03:28 PM
lool Jasmin, we'll be your bodyguards then :mr-t. Panda WipEout GanG, remember? I think we can organise a teaser shooting/Ceremony preparation test in the early days of December, then run the main show a week after (dec 3/4/5 or 10/11/12 windows). We can think about these dates. Waitin for JJPAP or another friend here to shoot the Wipeout museum invasion :D

MaxiM
21st November 2010, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to let you know that all the terminals in the museum started working (again?). There's a fun game called "Wipeout Shooter" there, access to store and Wipeout Portal (which are just poor). Maybe it was there before, but I was there since last week and only the main game terminal was active (find the logos game).

SaturnReturn
21st November 2010, 04:10 PM
I'd like to be at the party. Doing the running man in a big line was fun last time. We should create as many concentric circles as we can and all do the running man at once, hopefully in time with each other (challenging!).

kanar
21st November 2010, 06:46 PM
glad to know you could be around Sat! Tbh I'm a bit hyped by that now, if it works it could be a great moment. I'm counting on the community managers to pass the info to all the cup participants, see below for the technical settings (TBC dates btw). Of course everyone is more than welcome, such a massive number or real/virtual wipeout pilots, at the same time, at the same place. LOL I just can imagine some souvenir pics ah ah. Would be definitely awesome if everyone could just pop up just for 5/10 minutes, I can't ask more, it's just for the fun to be all reunited for a moment, for the record. In memory of all the good & the bad moments we lived there. From the more involved in world of wipeout guys to the ordinary wipeout fan. We are 9, We are one. And the Stig would puke at the first barrell roll, that's for sure.

It will be the good moment to make some contacts with the guys in your board, your 1st round opponent if he's here, wth your Raptor (cup community manager in charge of your board). Of course all the ceremony will be recorded and don't forget you have a camera in ps home, so hope you could shoot lots of pics for some awesome wohd cup wallpapers eh eh.

You have to be linked wth one cup manager, as all the managers are linked wth me (I'm talking about the playstation Home limitations there, some people couldn't be seen as Sony servers have an avatar number limitation). So everyone should be seen at the same time, at the same place. Oh if you're outside the euro zone, and if you want to participate, don't forget to set & use a 2nd EURO account, and add a cup manager as a friend
(TBC DATES : dec 3/4/5 or 10/11/12 windows).

Dark_Phantom_89
22nd November 2010, 09:22 AM
I'll definitely be there. I downloaded Home yesterday and had a look around the WipEout museum with Woop. We had a right laugh. :lol

jeegee
22nd November 2010, 09:19 PM
Theres a museum in Home???!! lol i gotta go see this. not been on Home in an age!

Woopzilla
23rd November 2010, 12:15 AM
Well, it seems that PS Home is Region Locked. Did you guys already discover this the last time? Anyway, the party will only be accessible to people living in Europe or those with a European PSN Account - and I'm going by an assumption that Europe makes the majority of wipeout players... maybe I'm wrong. :P

So perhaps we could also arrange a private room party? Region coding doesn't apply to personal spaces and we could then include all out non-euro buddies. :)

Also, this is for anyone who doesn't yet have a panda head costume: Wipeout Museum Logo Hunt Guide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJxIn_jsXoo)

TwitchySpitfire
23rd November 2010, 04:54 AM
Does anyone have any of the WipEout furniture that's available? I'd be willing to buy some and decorate my room (or someone elses if that's possible) for the occassion.

Challenger #001
25th November 2010, 07:42 AM
Twitch, don't do it! That way madness lies - you'll never stop buying. :P

If you do get a huge amount of stuff though, invite me round so I can sit at your Qirex table. :3 You and DP can snuggle up on your Mirage love-couch.

icarasDragon
25th November 2010, 10:13 AM
Buy me a Assegai (A spear of course, shaped into a Assegai Fury :mr-t )

kanar
25th November 2010, 10:22 AM
Ok guys, I think it's time to set a date for the wipeout museum invasion. As I previously said, the avalon finals should be played by the end of next week (dec. 5 is the deadline), so we could organise the party the week-end after;

So I'm proposing this schedule : Saturday, Dec. 11, 22H00 GMT+1

Feel free to discuss here this schedule. Our goal is to gather the entire family together, just for a short moment, for a shooting & a video recording. We arE 9, We are OnE.

It will be the good moment to make some contacts with the guys in your board, your 1st round opponent if he's here, wth your Raptor (cup community manager in charge of your board). Of course all the ceremony will be recorded and don't forget you have a camera in ps home, so hope you could shoot lots of pics for some awesome wohd cup wallpapers eh eh.

You have to be linked wth one cup manager, as all the managers are linked wth me (I'm talking about the playstation Home limitations there, some people couldn't be seen as Sony servers have an avatar number limitation). So everyone should be seen at the same time, at the same place. Oh if you're outside the euro zone, and if you want to participate, don't forget to set & use a 2nd EURO account, and add a cup manager as a friend

kanar
3rd December 2010, 04:04 PM
WIPEOUT MEMORIAL DAY SCHEDULED FOR Saturday, Dec. 11, HIGH PEAK SCHEDULED FOR 21H00 GMT EURO PS HOME AND US PS HOME -PASS THE INFO-SPREAD IT-COULD BE FUN
WIPEOUT PILOTS PARTY :hyper HAIL TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2889&albumid=249&dl=1289966543&thumb=1 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=249&pictureid=2889)@ the wo museum, ps home

US CEREMONY HOSTED BY TWITCHYSPITFIRE (RUMORS OF AN AFTER AT HIS PLACE LOL)

jeegee
4th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Why will it be a memorial? Are the servers being closed soon??

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 10:27 PM
I think it's a memorial for Studio Liverpool, at least in the form we know/knew it.

jeegee
6th December 2010, 01:22 PM
Ah thanks, phew, .. Yeah i guess it is sort of sad about the paring down of studio livvypoo. Guess it didnt help their cause that psp sales of pure and pulse were not as high as expected, damn pirates, anyway, i will be contacting my group manager so i can attend. Is panda head pre requesite?

SaturnReturn
11th December 2010, 07:59 PM
Well I can't join the celebrations. PSHome wants me to do an update but won't let me. I just get an error code. Crap day just keeps getting crapper.:-

stin
11th December 2010, 10:10 PM
But you got there in the end! :)

stevie:)

Woopzilla
12th December 2010, 12:16 AM
Well that turned out alright! Plenty of people were present and it was a right good laugh. :D

So here's several shots of the 4 attempts to make a group photo:

Running Man'ing around the centre floor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201021-46-43.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201021-47-05.jpg

Outside view backdrop (many shots but a few variations in who appears in which):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-24-58.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-25-11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-25-35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-25-51.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-26-04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-29-08.jpg

Sofa Area:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-40-23.jpg

Twitchy's After-Party:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-11-22.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-11-45.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-14-56.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-15-23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-15-57.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201023-16-12.jpg

:D

SaturnReturn
12th December 2010, 12:48 AM
That's strange. I said at the time that nutcase was doing the pose differently. But actually he wasn't. On my screen he was facing the opposite direction to everyone else.:blarg

@stevie - yeah I kept trying. Glad it worked in the end.

Dark_Phantom_89
12th December 2010, 09:55 AM
Awesome pics Woop, great stuff. :+

I'll post mine up a little later on.

Medusa
12th December 2010, 02:19 PM
TwitchySpitfire and myself showing up early.
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/6113/playstationhomepicture1cx.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6649/playstationhomepicture1a.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2107/playstationhomepicture1y.jpg

It was right dead so I abandoned the NA museum...the turbo fairy was there!! and Ace-Flo and Oryx
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3514/playstationhomepicture1d.jpg
Dancing with the devil:
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5262/playstationhomepicture1u.jpg
more pandas appearing, plus stevie! and ananta and others?
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3457/playstationhomepicture1t.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5714/playstationhomepicture1pb.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/307/playstationhomepicture1nf.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4931/playstationhomepicture1r.jpg
Dancing with strangers. Maybe they were the russian ones I don't know.
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4021/playstationhomepicture1f.jpg

You can always spot Ananta cloudian and Lizzy-13, they're the ones lookin' cool: http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3146/playstationhomepicture1x.jpg
Is that Oryx watching over us?
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/731/playstationhomepicture1z.jpg
R3BU5ER meditating. I couldn't break his trance.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4021/playstationhomepicture1f.jpg
Busting a move with virtual stevie! Too bad virtual cool lover couldn't be there at the same time
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6303/playstationhomepicture10.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7962/playstationhomepicture1.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8818/playstationhomepicture1bk.jpg

Bubbles are out
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6079/playstationhomepicture1oj.jpg

Homage to "The Running Man" by Kawajiri?? ;)
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7139/playstationhomepicture1v.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4021/playstationhomepicture1f.jpg
ananta's in the middle, possibly wondering what's wrong here
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6865/playstationhomepicture1c.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2301/playstationhomepicture1gj.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3146/playstationhomepicture1x.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7237/playstationhomepicture1qi.jpg

Oryx Crake
12th December 2010, 02:50 PM
funny how I always seem to be moving in strange ways ehen theres a picture taken. Nice shots both of ya!

Dark_Phantom_89
12th December 2010, 05:18 PM
I've just uploaded some pics in my album. Enjoy!

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=264

Nutcase:259
12th December 2010, 05:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Olurum/PlayStationHomePicture11-12-201022-29-08.jpg

the invisible man plays wipeout? :rock

Funny pics :+

@Sat i think way everyone see's things in home is slightly different. like if you walk into me. i move, but the way i see it on my ps3 is that you sort of serve around

jesse9705
22nd December 2010, 02:23 AM
well today i won the audi apartment and it totally suits wipeout so i made it into a lounge for pilots to discuss things like wipeout Cup or just races if you want to come to the lounge just add jesse9705 to your friends list and ill invite you when you want to come i think this is much easier then buying a club

These are the photos ive taken of it