PDA

View Full Version : Videogamer.com tracks gameplay

Nadia Elenova
8th April 2008, 08:29 PM
Various tracks and zone mode gameplay vids:

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/player.html?vid=1780

cnmth
8th April 2008, 10:30 PM
This game looks so amazing.. specially zone mode.

cant wait till they release it :)

Axel
8th April 2008, 10:53 PM
SL please just hurry up. My PS3 is waiting!!! So is my disposable income!!

rdmx
9th April 2008, 07:50 AM
Haha, the 'plasma' announcement sounds like she's genuinely worried about what might happen if the plasma connects.;)

Extremely awesome, I want now :hyper
Well done SL on producing such an awesome looking game.

HISHO[JP]
9th April 2008, 09:14 AM
Wonderful as usual!

SL and SCEE should persuade the f*cking Sony Japan for WOHD and Pulse.

Rapier Racer
9th April 2008, 03:49 PM
Look so sweeet, I noticed the music echoes when you go through a tunnel, I've heard that on another game can't remember for the life of me what one. I hope theres a setting to stop the music fading when shields or other weapon sounds are activated.

mdhay
9th April 2008, 04:21 PM
wipE'out"?

supersocks
9th April 2008, 04:56 PM
WipE"out"!!! A terrible spelling mistake where?

and
9th April 2008, 06:59 PM
That's actually how you wrote it, tough you quoted it wrong :)

In my opinion they should use the same weird typography in all WipE'out" games, it looks cool. Another example of The Designers Republics geniality back in there early days.

Darkdrium777
9th April 2008, 11:16 PM
Wow the AI looks very aggressive, even in Venom! That EGX on Moa Therma purposefully slammed the guy in the wall! Cool!

Skvall
11th April 2008, 10:20 AM
I still dont like the visual boost from the boostpads. Am I the only one that thinks it looks weird with a boost that powerful and short? Doesnt look smooth. Liked it much better in previous games.

DjManiac21
11th April 2008, 12:00 PM
I agree, I think the boost effect from speed pads is not the best, but who knows, it might look better when we are the ones playing?
I really dislike the voices though, I hope they are prototype voices, I can't stand this horny girl's voice... :cold Not WipEout at all...

Sausehuhn
11th April 2008, 01:16 PM
whuuuat? Horny girl voices are part of WipEout since WO3!! :lol

DjManiac21
11th April 2008, 02:06 PM
Well, yeah, I understand, but, don't you guys think it's a little overdone here?
Maybe the whole interaction between the voices, sound fxs and music is still not polished enough, It's noticeable to hear an important decrease in music volume when an explosion sounf effect takes place for instance.
Again, maybe it's all good and in place once you get to play the game ;)

Lion
11th April 2008, 11:08 PM
I like the woman's voice that I've heard in the woHD videos I've seen. I'm not sure about the male voice that does the countdown at the starts

I also quite like the look of the surge effect, and I really don't think it'll be an issue at phantom.
When racing you'll be concentrating so hard on the track, ie: near the centre of the screen - that the motion blur is all peripheral. it's a bit exaggerated so that it's noticeable at all when focussing hard on the centre of the screen

eLhabib
12th April 2008, 12:08 AM
what it does do is add a nice layer of uncontrollable-speed-feeling if you are hitting a stream of speed pads - you really feel that you are on the perfect line.

Skvall
12th April 2008, 09:02 AM
"and I really don't think it'll be an issue at phantom."

Yes thats possible and I hope your right. :]

and
12th April 2008, 10:38 PM
The voice is horrible. Much more of a problem for me than the HUD. She sounds so eager and aggressive. The voice should be more passive, cold and humanoid-like in my opinion.

rdmx
13th April 2008, 01:22 AM
I personally think a voice that has emotion is better than the cold, part woman part machine voice of Pulse.

If you really want the whole robotic voice, I think a male a la 2097 would be better.

BARTgai
14th April 2008, 11:22 PM
I thought the voice fit really well, along with the 3-2-1 countdown voice. But I can understand how it would start to get a little annoying..

taqili
15th April 2008, 01:37 PM
Never heard a horny girl who says "Shield active" and "Quake," so I guess I might be wrong here, but......why does she sound horny to you guys? Sounds pretty normal to me.

Sausehuhn
15th April 2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, agree. They should take Fusion's voice again :)

Lance
15th April 2008, 04:34 PM
Horniness is in the ear of the hearer. ;)