PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Track Idea

Chrono
5th April 2008, 09:47 PM
I joked with Rob at the convention that SL should throw the zone some fan service an include an Amsterdam track into a future wipeout, with a nod to the convention. I call it Red Light Delight. =P

Lance
6th April 2008, 03:09 PM
''Smokin' Paradise''

Sinnin' and Grinnin'

omega329
6th April 2008, 03:18 PM
*tries to resist urge to make a track on blender*
...urrrgh!!!! feisar! assegai! particle effects for trails! I've allready got a floating mirage craft saved in a blend file!
*fails*

RJ O'Connell
6th April 2008, 03:27 PM
Hashish Junction?

Mad-Ice
7th April 2008, 10:02 AM
This would be the ultimate gift for us who have been at the EWC in Amsterdam.

Names for the track: Dam Square, Dam Canals or Brinker Break.

omega329
9th April 2008, 09:02 PM
*returns from blender*
I made my own track, I know I should have left it to the professionals, but blender called me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6CTqrsSQKo
the low track resolution is on purpose, it was the only way I could render it fast enough to get it on youtube tonight.

Chrono
10th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Very cool and tricky, but needs more variety

omega329
11th April 2008, 10:03 AM
yeah, I agree completely, I've changed it a bit and I'm texturing the track at the moment

DjManiac21
11th April 2008, 12:04 PM
Great stuff man! Awesome job :+

I like the last bending turn, really tricky :banzai

omega329
11th April 2008, 02:46 PM
In theory, it is perfectly possible to turn it into a game. However atm, you'd have fusion handling and I wouldn't know how to export it out of blender. There's also the small disadvantage that I don't know jack about scripting or the built in game engine.
EDIT: I've started to learn the basics, and I've found out how to export it!

RJ O'Connell
13th August 2008, 02:23 AM
And as a further tribute, all the corners would be named after the expert players from the 'Zone.

and there goes the Goteki to overtake through Senand! now at 450 km/h through the treacherous Boon hairpin

Lance
13th August 2008, 02:31 AM
Or barrette, or whatever he uses. ;)

RJ O'Connell
13th August 2008, 02:32 AM
Mega Mall Spiral Redux?

I'd be settling for at least a noodle bar named in my honour

Asayyeah
14th August 2008, 05:46 PM
I for one to rename BlueRidge by Blueberry and Modesto Height by Moderato High...

yeah! very very very high :rolleyes:

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 05:48 PM
Oh! And it has to be snowing there, like this year. ;)

swift killer
14th August 2008, 06:23 PM
Have the track hurtling through the European Wipeout Convention!!! :beer You can imagine a shrunk down WO track twisting around confused forum members, lol

RJ O'Connell
14th August 2008, 10:55 PM
Eeek! Imagine all the split tracks weaving through cans of Red Bull. Or Ignition Energy if they can't get the rights to Red Bull. ;)

Darkdrium777
14th August 2008, 11:21 PM
A miniature Wipeout circuit on top of one of the tables used. The track will swerve and climb and descend amidst the PSPs, the AC adaptors, the Red Bull cans, the Pizza boxes, the backpacks and all the other stuff on that table :D

RJ O'Connell
15th August 2008, 03:15 AM
If they all managed to recreate Altima 7 that would be ace! XD

swift killer
15th August 2008, 08:25 AM
A miniature Wipeout circuit on top of one of the tables used. The track will swerve and climb and descend amidst the PSPs, the AC adaptors, the Red Bull cans, the Pizza boxes, the backpacks and all the other stuff on that table :D

Shall i produce a sketch and post it on here? lol

RJ O'Connell
15th August 2008, 06:17 PM
Go right ahead. :D It doesn't have to make Altima VII, but it should capture the atmosphere of the convention.

There should also be an extra "Asa-Cam" where you fly around and Arnaud is filming the race and making silly noises in a thick accent as it's going on. ;)