PDA

View Full Version : Is every team viable?

Dogsword
4th April 2008, 10:09 AM
How balanced is this game?

stin
4th April 2008, 10:12 AM
Most ships are pretty balanced, depending on the stats, for time trial, mostly Piranha or Icaras and Online play, they called them supership is Goteki 45 due alot of thrust.

Is that good enough for you?

stevie:)

blixabargeld
4th April 2008, 12:35 PM
not to forget the settable AI level in every race, heavyweight ships now with really friendly controls and the fact that in pulse you're never "locked" because you can't complete an event..

ps: is goteki 45 that good in online plays?

huh, the thread was only about teams, right? well, the game is really balanced tough..

kowareta|vojeet
4th April 2008, 01:15 PM
I'm playing with Goteki online. The relevant point is the user!

blixabargeld
4th April 2008, 01:39 PM
of course it is! :g I think that goteki is quite good because its thrust allow you to be the first in a situation that becomes a bit too messy: goteki is the first to recover and also the first to get the head position after start!:D

Rapier Racer
4th April 2008, 08:27 PM
OK then lets say in a grid of equally skilled competitors Goteki has the advantage simply because it can quickly get to 1st place from just about any starting position on the grid. So the person in the Goteki will get to the weapon pad first thats always an advantage right?

TearsToShreds
4th April 2008, 09:00 PM
Triakis seems to be rather useless... I have been testing it the last couple of days and it just feels like a slower Piranha to me... Triakis was too good in Pure, but I'm sad to see it turned into such a mediocre ship. It looks so awesome.

Rapier Racer
4th April 2008, 09:04 PM
Triakis was a scar on Pure what with its unbalancedness. You can still see a Triakis flown well by Charlie when hes online, been a while. To directly answer the question yeah I think every Pulse ship is viable.

blixabargeld
14th April 2008, 01:50 PM
yes, matter of facts is way worst than pirhana even if the stats are quite similar.

JABBERJAW
14th April 2008, 04:54 PM
The fast ships are garbage for online play. Their slight advantage in speed is quickly erased with the first mine hit, then the next, and next. Just one or two more mine hits makes the accelerating ships equal on speed for the course of the race(phantom), imnsfho

RJ O'Connell
16th April 2008, 04:16 PM
Anyone else besides me think that Qirex has become rather useless since Pure? It's average at everything except shield energy, and the best pilots could get away with flying a really weak-shielded craft by pulling away from the field - something I don't think the purple brick is capable of.

blixabargeld
17th April 2008, 11:52 AM
my brother uses it still. It's not useless, in multiplayer games is quite balanced tough.

Rapier Racer
17th April 2008, 12:10 PM
It's not useless you can win with it online.

Chrono
17th April 2008, 09:04 PM
Borell and Guillaume are both excellent Qirex pilots, as is Tomahawk. I think finding a racer that fits with your personal style of racing is the most important.

Triakis...is probably the worst (which has been said). There's just no good reason to race it. Is it viable? Yes, but if you race with it, you're bound to get a few chuckles. For the best pilots, it probably wont matter if they race Triakis or Goteki, they're still gonna smoke you. =P

jklasdf
19th April 2008, 03:57 AM
i agree. if ur a seasoned pilot, then eventually you'll just be good enough to fly anything no prob. it'll really just come down to which craft u think looks the koolest.

i just so happen to love the look of qirex and goteki, and so i fly them almost exclusively. they're actual stats had very little to do with my decision:P

kanar
20th April 2008, 08:13 AM
Hi,

I'm a Piranha lover u know, I take this ship whatever the weather, the track... I'm designing myself my own versions/evolutions... but I can't change the most important : with a POOR 6 in handling u can't challenge everything on earth, I mean : I tried my fish on Platinum white, fastest lap, phantom: yeah I reached 19:96, but how many walls in my face for that? If I'm facing the best players on this track, I'm pretty sure the Feisar, Eg-x and AG ships will be way behind me... due to handling! And the worse : when u learn the physics of one aircraft, it's really hard to go back : I can't do what I've done with an Icaras lol. I really think that Feisar, AG & Goteki -qirex if u want-are way behind the other ships. And for the Icaras... lol it's a fish disguised!

-I'm only speaking about the phantom experience-

jklasdf
21st April 2008, 04:37 AM
lol, well i suck at the phantom experience :P