PDA

View Full Version : Questions about packs. Especially about payment.

Hunter Gamma
27th March 2008, 06:49 AM
Ok, so I have been playing WP for some time now and have considered getting those packs (even though they cost what they cost. Curse my Wipeout fanatic spirit :g ). But first I want to ask some things that may affect the deal.

- Does Visa-electron card work in playstation network when buying stuff? I've heard that not every net-shop supports it. Anybody who have experience about this please tell how it worked (If it worked at all).

- Do the CPU pilots randomly use the new teams in single player races, or are they just for human players to use? This is not all that important but still "good to know" thing. I am dedicated singleplayer so I really don't care if the teams are not yet usable in multip. I just like new content for great futuristic racing game.

- I use USB cable to connect my PSP to internet via PC. Will this be a problem when downloading the packs? Again, if somebody have experience about this I would be happy to hear. Note: I have downloaded stuff for Wipeout Pure and it worked fine back then.

BTW. Oh yeah! Phantom as preferred speed class for long time now. Slower classes are fer lousy gits! :rock
(No offence on "slower" players but phantom is THE Wipeout in its finest. If the Zen would be a speed class I would jump in joy!)

G'Kyl
27th March 2008, 07:45 AM
Does Visa-electron card work in playstation network when buying stuff?

Can't tell you about Visa-electron, since I don't even know what it is. ;) Just give it a try - if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. You won't be penalized, since orders are only placed after your credit card was validated.

Do the CPU pilots randomly use the new teams in single player races, or are they just for human players to use?

The first is true.

I use USB cable to connect my PSP to internet via PC. Will this be a problem when downloading the packs?

Works like a charme. Just don't forget you'll need the PlayStation Store installer (or whatever they call it - don't worry, they point you there) AND you need to activate your PSP within your PS Store Account Management on PC (where you'll find another programm for download).

Ben

Hunter Gamma
27th March 2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks a lot. That was helpful indeed. :+
The only thing that matters now is the PSs reaction to my "mysterious" Visa-e. I'm from Finland (in case you did not notice.) where we have these Visa-electron cards (Also use in EU if I remeber right). Some blame them for being "kids" bank-card but I don't get it why, as Visa-es are becoming more and more common in banking-business and they should support net-shops just fine what I have heard and read.

Thanks again for the info. Gotta try PSs services tomorrow or next week if I'm busy (work and all). I hope Mirage won't be a disappoitment.

Rapier Racer
27th March 2008, 10:54 AM
Here in the UK Banks generally dish out Visa electron cards to anyone under 18 who has a bank account. I think it's 13 years plus, used to be Solo cards but as far as I can tell Electron came and replaced those.

18+ and you get a Visa debit and/or Maestro and possibly others I'm not aware of. So you see logically it makes sense not to accept Electron online as the chances of a 14 year old buying GTA IV with their card are essentially eliminated, bullshit yes I know but there it is.

Hunter Gamma
27th March 2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I see yer point. I got VE when I was about 16 'cause I needed account in summerjob, so it was logical choice. Did not have need to get "real" Visa when I was 18 and so settled in Electron. Strange still, I've heard that Visa Electron can be used online nowadays. Well, if it won't work I'll just pay a visit to my local bank to register my Visa for online shopping. Big deal. :rolleyes:

TearsToShreds
27th March 2008, 03:37 PM
Visa Electrons do actually work. Had no problems at all, just fill in the details and it should work.

Rapier Racer
27th March 2008, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah they are accepted online just a much smaller group of retailers accept them compared to the others I listed.

Skvall
27th March 2008, 10:57 PM
I have another question. Or two actually..

1. Why do the first and last pack cost more/less than the other two?
2. Is the download packs only available in EU store?

Hunter Gamma
28th March 2008, 04:57 AM
1. There was some serious murmur about the amount of content versus price so Sony probably noticed this and dropped the prices as much as they could. 2.95€ is is bearable price for me, though they could have dropped mirage down a little also.

2. As far as I know they work on European version of Pulse. American versions are yet to come.

BTW. Thanks to Asayyeah for informing about forums habits on quoting.

stin
28th March 2008, 09:06 AM
2. As far as I know they work on European version of Pulse. American versions are yet to come.

Yes it`s does work on both version!;)

stevie:)