PDA

View Full Version : HD...gravity ends and a new era begins...anti-gravity goes online...

cybrpnk
25th March 2008, 07:58 PM
The premier anti-gravity-mega-monster HD is rising on the horizon...we can smell the jet fumes...we can hear the thunderous roars of spectator crowds...we are hypnotised by the neons, ads, smoke trails, 1080, 60fps, vapour trails...ONLINE

This is where it all truly begins...the future of WipEout...

Remember the feeling you used to get when you'd buy a new WipEout on the PSOne, read the manual, read the taglines of the various FX leagues on the pages of the manual, and felt like you are part of a grander operation that is WipEout??? The question is...who here is up for organising some kind of real-life league...with of course the help of WipEoutZONE...make those days of dreaming on the PSOne a proper reality...some kind of online league where dates are set, the best pilots from each team are chosen (maybe have internal competitions between pilots of the same team to choose their pilot)...and a proper online match takes place...winner takes all...fame, glory, bragging rights...and maybe...some kind of limited edition WipEout shindangamedig...

I reckon that HD is the beginning of something that can possibly become something so much more grander...I yearn for the day we can log-in on a set date...to either race...or if we were not good enough to qualify, sit back, chill and watch some anti-gravity racing from various camera views as we egg on and support our team mates...1000+ kmh crafts tearing through time and space to the sounds of million strong crowds roaring in unison...

who's up???

JABBERJAW
25th March 2008, 08:43 PM
In cross country running, you take the scores of the top 5 people on your team and the lowest score wins, this would have to be 4, and be reverse order points, 1st=8 2cd=7 3rd = 6 and so on, most points win. It wouldn't have to be those points, but some sort of point system for placement. Would be really fun.

Rapier Racer
25th March 2008, 09:12 PM
Being able to watch other people racing live would be superb. Being able to race as a team would be interesting.

mdhay
26th March 2008, 09:25 AM
If that isn't a brilliant idea, I'd eat my hat...if I owned said hat.

Lance
26th March 2008, 02:31 PM
Words said without pieces of hat in the mouth are cheap.

:? :?: :redface: :g

blixabargeld
26th March 2008, 08:59 PM
many things you mention are already been done in project gotham on 360..
but wipeout is more a world on itself.. i won't be able to turn off my console anymore, goodbye to social life and goodbye to real life..
"hey, i had a girl once.. what was her name? Sara.. Clara? Oh nevermind, here comes another race!" :g:?:g

eLhabib
26th March 2008, 09:04 PM
hope your girl doesn't read that ;)

Rapier Racer
27th March 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm considering getting some insurance on my PS3 before HD comes out due to time I will spend playing it. I don't want to burn it out, but then again it's not a 360 :g

TheFrostE
6th April 2008, 01:56 PM
sounds like a pretty sweet idea orange, i'd be down for it , and you know id be riding for my crew feisar, been with them since day one

Norfolk'n'Clue
15th May 2008, 02:56 PM
Put me down. I'm crap, but would still have a go.

Argo91
16th May 2008, 02:38 PM
I'm in. :D But what team shall I race for, perhaps Feisar, until Icaras arrives in a download pack. :D

Ota
17th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Even if wo hd didn't go much further than the standard online rankings, dedicated races could still be enough to set up a little semi pro league with ascent, relegation and organized events that take place in a certain interval. There are enough people around for that to realize. This site proves it. Godspeed and aim for the top! :D

a friend in speed
18th May 2008, 02:07 PM
I'm in. AG SYS A GO-GO!

mdhay
18th May 2008, 05:52 PM
Hugo a go-go lol.

omega329
20th May 2008, 06:42 PM
woo! batfink! I'm not the only 14 year old that watches cartoons!

Lance
20th May 2008, 08:07 PM
I watch Johnny Test, Batman, Spiderman, Jane and the Dragon, and occasionally others. There's a bunch that they don't show anymore that I miss. They took Shaolin Showdown off. sniffle

omega329
20th May 2008, 08:19 PM
Which batman series? The new one where the joker's got the really big grin Mr Freeze has that ice helmet-suit thing and the batmobile has that awesome blue afterglow effect?

Lance
21st May 2008, 01:19 AM
I've watched every Batman series since Fox restarted the animated version of the mythos with ^Batman: The Animated Series^ in 1992. That is one is IMO still the best, but I've liked all of them since. Currently Warner Brothers network, about to be the CW network, is running the one I watch on Saturday mornings. When I actually am awake in the mornings.

I suspect that we may just possibly be wandering away from the thread topic.

RJ O'Connell
21st May 2008, 04:10 AM
Think so? ;)

If the ships perform almost exactly like they do in Pulse in all aspects...I'm still sticking with AG Systems.

I know FEISAR is my avatar logo. But the Red and White are just godly all-around ships.

(post 777 - does this mean my computer will now dispense coins?)

BARTgai
21st May 2008, 04:43 AM
Hehe, I'm afraid not :p And about FEISAR, don't feel bad, I'm in the US, but I could care less about Auricom. (sorry if I offended anyone)

Anyways, yeah, totally up for some sweet competition in high definition. No more tiny screen! We have a huge TV with surround sound and everything. HD on this thing is going to be epic. :dizzy

I'll be flying the one and only FEISAR. Been with them since I started my WipEout experience with Pure, I wouldn't pick anything less. Sure the speed sucks, but I can pull of some sweet maneuvers in the beast.

European for the win!:g

mdhay
21st May 2008, 12:03 PM
Which batman series? The new one where the joker's got the really big grin Mr Freeze has that ice helmet-suit thing and the batmobile has that awesome blue afterglow effect?

That one is the best.

//S.K: ??

Wip3ou7
22nd May 2008, 05:04 AM
Count me in. I'd love to organize some real teams and tournaments for online play. It could almost have a roleplaying kind of element to it in the way that we have people from each race team (feisar, ag-sys, etc) and we could post the results of each of these tournaments to show which team is "GENETICALLY SUPERIOR BABY, YEAH"!!

cybrpnk
22nd May 2008, 11:50 AM
it's great to see there's a lot of interest in starting up leagues and teams and stuff...

so...how do we go about this??? personally, I would like to play an active part in this, but this is my final year at uni and being able to participate online alone is gonna take some effort...I've still yet to finish off all my side projects as well, fully designing an anti-gravity craft being one of them...just for fun, and for my portfolio...

hmmm...

Lance
22nd May 2008, 07:07 PM
I'd be interested to see the completely detailed 'blueprints' of the anti-gravity generator on your design. :)

Wip3ou7
22nd May 2008, 11:31 PM
What would you guys think is better?
To have people associated with existing teams within the wipeout universe? Or to have completely new teams made by the players? I think it would be cool to have new teams that are player made, but it wouldn't make sense unless they give us a ship skinning tool. That would be like Auricom racing in a Feisar... I hope I'm being clear enough...

cybrpnk
23rd May 2008, 08:25 AM
I'd be interested to see the completely detailed 'blueprints' of the anti-gravity generator on your design. :)

yeah...haven't gone 'shopping' around for internal components as of yet...if any of you can recommend where I can find such internals, it would help...;)

I'm hoping to resolve this design to the most minute of details...lol...it'll take awhile...but as a side project...I think it's do-able...

anyway...back to my final year project for now...

Avenger2197
24th May 2008, 05:03 AM
You can definitely count me in. It'd probably have to be discussed here, and then dates set at some point for each event. i dunno tho...:?

Quasi
6th July 2008, 05:49 PM
If anyone somehow organized a "Clan" style league, it would create a lot of anarchy and player corruption. (f9000?)

remember that doing something big like this would be to toy with the very fabric of wipeout!
:?