PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or do loyalty-points improve performance?

Delci
24th March 2008, 07:11 PM
I know this may be a dumb query...but it seems that the more loyalty-points I get with my craft (I only use Feisar), the better the ship seems to, well, handle.
I know this sounds odd at first, but I'm on Grid 9 and I have a loyalty of 35,755 and counting with Feisar - and the more it increases, the smoother the ride. Now please, don't take me for a liar, but...in some cases, it seems that the ship actually tilts into curves on its own (no Autopilot involved), and I even took my finger off the thrust button for a moment to see if it was my imagination - it wasn't. Though it did crash into the curve, it wasn't head-on; Feisar had turned about a quarter of the way through the curve by itself.
I did a test, and put the Pulse UMD in a friend's PSP, started a new profile and did a quick race with Feisar (which obviously had no loyalty, as it was a new game); it was, to say the least, horrible. The airbrakes seemed sluggish and I got the feeling of racing in something that was about to just stall out and die.
Okay, if I'm wrong, please tell me; although it may seem like what I'm experiencing with loyalty-points is genuine, I could be dead wrong, and it might just be me. I don't want to waste your time, I just want to see if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if maybe the apparent redundancy of the loyalty feature altogether has an actual deeper design that we simply haven't noticed.

Sausehuhn
24th March 2008, 07:15 PM
Well... actually the points have nothing to do with the handling, they're just there to unlock more stuff :D

mdhay
24th March 2008, 07:21 PM
It's because you have the force, young Feisar.;)

Delci
24th March 2008, 07:39 PM
Hardly! xD It takes me several tries to snatch gold in Time Trial and Speed Lap challenges, 12 to 16 laps to win an Elimination round and I frequently smash out just before grabbing 1st place in Rapier races.
...but I keep trying.
With Phantom, though, I'm going to need the force. D:

zargz
25th March 2008, 11:07 AM
you are just getting better! 8)

infoxicated
25th March 2008, 05:28 PM
Okay Delci - enough is enough.

That was the most pathetic thread title ever; "Is it just me, or..."

I mean, what the hell? How is that thread title meant to be of any use at all.

Read the guidelines before you post another thing. Now.

Delci
25th March 2008, 07:16 PM
I didn't want it to seem too long, but I should've done it anyway - sorry for the inconvenience. I read the guidelines; I'll just post in existing threads.

Lance
25th March 2008, 07:34 PM
If you wanted to keep the thread title short, then only the significant portions should have been included, namely ''Do loyalty points improve performance?'' Or better yet, 'Do loyalty points improve ship performance?'

Delci
25th March 2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, you're right, I should've thought about that...won't happen again, sorry.

Lance
25th March 2008, 07:39 PM
Well, I hope we haven't crushed your spirit. :D

Delci
25th March 2008, 07:44 PM
Nah, just a dumb mistake on my part.
Takes more than a Bomb to lower my spirits. xP

you are just getting better! 8)
You're right...I guess that's the only reason I've gotten through Rapier alive.

That was the most pathetic thread title ever; "Is it just me, or..."
I mean, what the hell? How is that thread title meant to be of any use at all.
...on the other hand, when it comes to common-sense, I'm a mere Sub-Vector pilot!

The Gracer
31st March 2008, 08:33 AM
Sub VECTOR!? ......thats slow.

Like, cabbage slow.

Or is that an insult to cabbages? :D

On topic, i cant say ive noticed any improvements in my Assegai over my career - not that ive played much wipeout lately.

omega329
1st April 2008, 07:30 PM
In my opinion, anything slower than vector is called reversing.

Darkdrium777
2nd April 2008, 10:02 PM
I do not believe I have had the impression. It is probably you who is improving. :) You're just getting used to the ship's handling.

Delci
3rd April 2008, 02:16 AM
I guess you're right. Getting better can create the impression that something's going on...
...just one step closer to my goal, then. One day, I'll be good enough, to pass the finish line before he does.
You know who you are.