PDA

View Full Version : Fusion returns???

P52Smith
23rd March 2008, 03:16 PM
Looking at the Fusion website I found in the Fusion section, I noticed that Katmodor 12 Long has a drop similar to Metropia Black, it shoots down, folds under itself and circles upright again.

Is this intentional I wonder, is it an isolated case or are there other similar features such as this?:?

Help and other similarities are welcomed on this matter.

Medusa
23rd March 2008, 05:14 PM
I doubt it's intentional. There's been lots of comparisons between new tracks and old ones and I think the consensus is that one new curve is bound to look like one old curve from the past somewhere...
For instance Platinum Rush white feels like a blend of Karbonis V and Terramax to me, but has nothing to do with either. *I'm hooked on a feeling...*

But curves aside, to bring back the vertical drops in came the mag-strips to make the ships lock on like they did so horribly in Fusion...so there you go, perhaps Metropia Black is Pulse's reversioned take on how to make an anti-gravity ship go straight down.

blixabargeld
23rd March 2008, 06:47 PM
i don't think so, but weapon icons are quite similar to fusion's ones... :nod

Jenze
24th March 2008, 08:10 PM
well,

the steep drop (like vertica) looks like those from that Cubiss Float, mandarshee course 3, and Florion Height. there were also steep drops in devillia.

Delci
24th March 2008, 08:24 PM
i don't think so, but weapon icons are quite similar to fusion's ones... :nod

I think it was the Proton Cannon in Fusion that has returned in Pulse, except now it's just known as 'Cannon'; same weapon, just with twin shots instead of single. Works wonders, too.

Rapier Racer
25th March 2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah we have a few Fusion like things in Pulse. The worst weapon they could have resurrected ever in the cannon which is now 150% more annoying/frustrating that ever before and of course the Fusion strips that poison a lot of the tracks.

P52Smith
26th March 2008, 04:16 PM
The old Grenades symbol is now Rockets.

They are essemtially the same though, grenades bounce, rockets don't, otherwise, no difference!

Thanks for your input, keep it flowing!

RJ O'Connell
26th March 2008, 05:30 PM
I actually like the new weapons (most people couldn't say they prefer Disruptor Bolt over Cannon with a straight face) and the tracks need some extra dimensions - that's one reason I support Mag-Strips.

Of course, this is coming from the guy that at an earlier age declared Fusion the pinnacle of the series... XD

Rapier Racer
27th March 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm telling you RJ I could quite easily say and hold my hand up while doing so that I prefer the disruption bolt over the cannon. They could have put the 2097 disruption bolt in if it had to be changed.

Sausehuhn
27th March 2008, 03:10 PM
The cannon is not the problem. The problem is how the camera and your ship reacts. Same with the leech beam.
You ship becomes nearly uncontrolable and you lose even more energy by slamming into walls than you do because of the weapon's damage.

Darkdrium777
28th March 2008, 03:39 AM
I agree. I believe these weapons are too powerful compared to what they do: when you are hit you can't see a damn thing anymore because of all the static flowing across the camera, and if you get hit by 30 rounds of cannon (Bots are apparently God when they aim with it in hard, much like they were God with the disruptor in PurE even when 100 feet away) while turning, you are guaranteed to lose 10% of energy when you crash in the wall.
That crashing is also another problem, I do not understand why, when you are shot by rockets in a straight line (ala moa therma up and down mag strip), you have to slam into the wall anyways... And then you are of course glued to it because the ships have some kind of magnets on their sides, thus preventing you from gaining speed immediately after the crash.
Thankfully the leech issue isn't as important as the cannon issue, because it's a pretty rare pickup. But I really hate getting passed by all seven ships when I get hit by those thirty cannon rounds which are aimed at me by some advanced AI with godlike aiming capacities...

blixabargeld
28th March 2008, 04:23 PM
I pretty like the cannon in pulse, more than pulse(ehm) cannon in fusion.
It makes me feel like a little "Red Baron"..;)

Albino Ace
29th March 2008, 04:01 PM
I remember it not being that effective in Fusion, but it was fun anyway...

I sometimes used to activate an "infinite cannon" code so I could gun down players as I passed them on the track. :P

Getting hit by many bullets from it in Fusion was also quite annoying, camera-wise... X_X

P52Smith
19th April 2008, 10:18 AM
pulse(ehm) cannon in fusion.

I thought it was 'Proton Cannon'

These are some key points.

I find that the cannon almost never appears to me in the game but leech appears at least once per race, sometimes once per lap

This does show that the randomness of the pickups is working between different copies of the game but not in one game itself. Odd.

Very good points all round

blixabargeld
20th April 2008, 05:46 PM
you're right, I just checked on the booklet and it is proton cannon also in italian.:)
about cannon: it's truly annoying the absence of hit-effect when you use it in multiplayer matches. You can't understand if your positioning is good and if you're hitting your opponents or not.

Dominator
27th April 2008, 12:02 AM
Does the Repulsor weapon only show in Elimination mode?? I havn't seen it in any Single Race or Tournament mode!!
Am I alone on this??

infoxicated
27th April 2008, 12:24 AM
No.

Certain weapons are reserved for Eliminator mode.

Dominator
27th April 2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the info Rob, seen no mention of this in the instructions manual!!

P52Smith
27th April 2008, 10:32 AM
The 'Repulsor' and 'Shuriken' are both eliminator only.

The leech beam has unlimited time in eliminator mode.

All weapons do 2x damage in eliminator mode ie. plasma normally does 40% damage, in eliminator it does 80% damage.

Hope this helps Dominator.

Lion
29th April 2008, 02:58 AM
The leech beam has unlimited time in eliminator mode.really? wow, I hadn't noticed that.. I guess that makes it a guaranteed kill

guillaume
29th April 2008, 10:48 AM
Except if the ship you're leeching absorbs a pick-up. That stops the leech beam. Same when you're being leeched and you absorb, of course.

Darkdrium777
30th April 2008, 12:34 AM
Yes because this activates a Shield for a fraction of a second, therefore disabling the leech. You've got to time it right if you will be hit by say, a Quake or a Repulsor, or any other weapon though, since the Shield is quite short.

P52Smith
5th May 2008, 06:01 PM
The duration in which the quake can unleash its 'damage' is a tad longer than eliminator's shield so don't waste it.

Now, back to the original topic:
Is the 'cannon' symbol the same as (or at least similar to) the old 'proton cannon' symbol?
Does this concept apply to other weapons across the series and if so, where?

Darkdrium777
5th May 2008, 10:49 PM
For the cannon it is definitely similar, however I have not played Fusion so I wouldn't know about the rest of them.

rdmx
6th May 2008, 11:08 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4795/cannonux0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Decide for yourself! :)

Sausehuhn
6th May 2008, 11:31 AM
I like Fusion's symbols more :)