PDA

View Full Version : problems with packs: connectivity

blixabargeld
18th March 2008, 10:57 AM
i've asked this question on a lot of videogame-specialized-sites a lot of time and always the same answer: "no way mate, we can't help you"
new downloadable ships are not available in multiplayer ad-hoc match, i just want to know if it's only mine problem or if it has to go this way.. 'cus without the online connection new ships are quite useless imho :(

Sausehuhn
18th March 2008, 11:04 AM
You're right: they are useless. Because not a single downloaded ship is playable in any kind of multiplayer mode.

taqili
18th March 2008, 05:41 PM
As long as the soul of Icaras is alive, it is never useless. Fight on.

flying high

Lance
18th March 2008, 06:30 PM
^ Icaras lives! :D

blixabargeld
18th March 2008, 07:51 PM
As long as the soul of Icaras is alive, it is never useless. Fight on.

flying high

i've just scored over 50k loyalty points with icaras before discovering that i couldn't use it to let weaker opponents (practically only my brother) eat my exhaust's dust. the problem is that i bought all the packs hoping to give new fantastic features to my favourite game.. :?

will use of downloaded ships permitted in online games in the future?

Sausehuhn
18th March 2008, 08:07 PM
You can only use the tracks in multiplayer games (if all players have the packs, too).
I'm pretty sure that won't change in future and ships stay offline-only.

blixabargeld
18th March 2008, 08:21 PM
.. and it's a pity..
thank you

Egg
20th March 2008, 10:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that won't change in future and ships stay offline-only.

In the future we could probably find ways of indicating you're racing an opponent in an 'unknown' type of ship. A silhouette or ghostly-type thing, maybe. Something to show there's a ship there, at least.

Plus a warning at the start of the race to tell you someone's flying for a mystery team, and if you want to see him properly and race for that team too, then download the [-insert-name-] pack after the race.

I'm not sure what Sony's rules are like regarding this sort of thing - probably pretty specific, to be honest. You can't, for instance, temporarily download the Icaras onto someone's PS3 or PSP just for one race, then delete it. That's a breach of guidelines.

taqili
21st March 2008, 08:40 PM
I'm not sure what Sony's rules are like regarding this sort of thing - probably pretty specific, to be honest. You can't, for instance, temporarily download the Icaras onto someone's PS3 or PSP just for one race, then delete it. That's a breach of guidelines.

then at least allow Icaras to do as it pleases on wipEout HD, shortly after or with release. the wait for it on US Pulse has been nigh unbearable.