PDA

View Full Version : Basic newbie question: track progress

Gordo
14th July 2002, 10:59 PM
I've looked around for more information on web sites, but I haven't found anything that gets into the procedurs of playing the game

After I've finished with gold medals at Florion Heights, Mandrashee and Cubiss Float (track one, all) I can't figure out how to go farther into the game. Why is only one track available on each circuit ? What does "reverse" mean (doesn't change anything as far as I can tell) ? How to get to the other circuits ? I could sure use a more informative manual with a lot less character & team fantasy tales (frustrated? me?).

Sven
15th July 2002, 01:50 AM
Go do some AG leagues.
and the reverse tracks are just the tracks reversed (the flythrough doesn't change when you highlight them though.

rhys
15th July 2002, 06:01 PM
yeah, work through all the leagues, and that will unock more tracks, reverse modes, ships, pilots and whatnot.

Gordo
17th July 2002, 12:45 AM
That's what I was doing wrong . . . staying in the "Arcade" selection.

The "AG" section is the game I thought I had bought.

And Alca Vexus has quickly restored my sense of humility.

:-?

Thanks!

d3niaI
23rd July 2002, 12:13 AM
now at about 37hrs - i've completed the arcade section (first 3 tracks in an upgraded feisar, the rest in a stock EGR). i've just completed the oceanus or themis (?) league in the stock EGR - i love that ship, fast, strong and not too skittish (+ it looks the best, IMHO). have golded the feisar challenges, silvered the VU and purple/white ship ones, haven't attempted the rest. unlocked zone, but so far can only get to lvl 28 on florion.

i have to admit i was a little disappointed that the arcade tracks weren't more numerous or challenging, but the track variations at each location are very cool. while i loved the industrial feel of the tracks in W03, the open air feeling in fusion is also very cool. personally, it is showing potential to equal WO3.

d3nial

ps. anyone else have EGR as their fav' ship/team?

lunar
23rd July 2002, 02:53 AM
I like EGR the best, because its the slowest of the fast and fun ships, which means you have the best chance of a good challenge and having a speedy race experience at the same time. Not challenging enough though.... but that`s all been said here before.

In the heat of battle (when this occasionally happens), nothing puts the fear of god into you like having a power swarm attack on you and seeing your shield go down and wondering if you`ll die before the attack stops. Best to get that on your side and kill some Piranhas. Even so Alex Reece still attacks me when he gets the chance. He`s no team player him. All that`s fun to do the first time for sure.

Keep going with the zone, it gets easier once you get used to it. Its the only part of Fusion that people will still play a year from now, and that could rival the WO3 obsession on this site. :lol:

Vasudeva
23rd July 2002, 09:40 PM
Just another question here. I'm at 68% percent now of completion, and at about 30hs playing time. Now I wonder: is there a way to unlock the Devilia circuit? If so, how can I do it?

My 2c. on the ship discussion: I liked EG-R to play the leagues with, until I got Piranha. Sad to say it, but no ship can compare to Piranha, and it doesn't make 2-player mode very exciting. One of the two players will aways have a ship that's better.

Peace,
V.

Sven
23rd July 2002, 10:12 PM
You can't unlock the Devilia circuit (or whatever it's called) for play in arcade mode.

lunar
24th July 2002, 02:01 AM
@ Vasudeva

The Piranha spoils the game. Its like when you get the GTO in the original Gran Turismo. The races just become a bit pointless.

zargz
24th July 2002, 02:48 AM
or the piranha in 2097/XL , piranhaII in 64 or even icaras in 3 ..
if icaras had 1 in handling it would b ok thou.
looke here

in wo3SE

icaras - - speed 5 handling 3 !!! ----------- compare with
AG sys - speed 4 handling 3
qirex - - - speed 4 handling 2

the thrustbutton makes the thrust completelly irelevant!

Vasudeva
24th July 2002, 11:44 AM
@ Lurar: That's right, no car could compare to the GTO (although there was a variety in GTO's :-)), except perhaps the FTO on the really curvy circuits.

@ Zargz: Well, personally I think Icaras is better balanced than Piranha in 2097 and Fusion, although giving the Icaras handling 3 in SE was perhaps a bit over the top.

Peace,
V.