PDA

View Full Version : What Colin said...

ColdRem'S
13th March 2008, 05:30 PM
I've just found this article on this french site:
http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-hd-images-infos-actu-129104.html

Well, nothing really new here:
Developpement of the game has started in springs 2007, with a team of 6 persons, then has grown until 30 people. According to Colin, there is a great team spirit, as they're all great fans of the franchise.
They have also worked hard on the online part, and the graphics (we've already noted that 8) ), there will be for sure downloadable content.
The only new info here is that the Sixaxis control "should only be used in some cases, such as weapon use".
It's also said that the game is being finalized and given the fact that it won't be released in Blu-Ray, it should arrive on the psn soon...:hyper

Egg
13th March 2008, 07:52 PM
Newer stuff here..

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94542

The comments make interesting reading.

infoxicated
13th March 2008, 08:03 PM
For Eurogamer, that'd make a first! ;)

lunar
13th March 2008, 08:37 PM
Eurogamer comments just seems to be an outlet for terminal complainers who just want to go on the internet and be negative about everything. It should be called Euromoaner. Reading those sort of threads has a morbid, rubber-necking type attraction, until you start to feel dirty and have to close Firefox.

On topic, glad to see that HD is generally getting a positive reaction. I`m sure it`s going to sell bucketloads.

TearsToShreds
13th March 2008, 08:58 PM
Those comments depress me even more. Why do people argue so much over a game and whether it is a port or not?! They should count themselves lucky for being able to play a game at all. No perspective at all in those idiots.

infoxicated
13th March 2008, 10:21 PM
It used to be the Kotaku was the tabloid of games journalism, and for the most part it is, but at least they ban people from posting hate on the comments threads - Eurogamer encourages it. I guarantee they love it when the fanboys kick off ten pages worth of comments, because it ramps up their page impressions.

That's why they print the "XBox 360 and PS3 head to head" articles - not only do they do it over four or five pages (page impressions, natch), but they fuel the fanboys to even greater heights. If it's a slow news period then you can guarantee they'll churn out another one of those pathetic articles, which have zero substance, they're just stirring the pot.

The site has become a toilet over the last three years - it used to have some integrity, but now it's just full of pukes and wannabe EDGE journalists. I usually lose interest in their reviews after I've read their pretentious, rambling opening paragraphs.

Kristian is an arrogant bastard who hasn't reviewed a game properly in years, Tom thinks the world revolves around him, and the rest of them are equally talentless hacks who see fit to publish recycled press releases that, some-how, they manage to riddle with typos during the copy & paste process.

http://www.infoxicated.com/images/dr_cox.jpg

Rapier Racer
13th March 2008, 10:46 PM
Kotaku already posts enough complete **** themselves they don't need 5 extra pages of it to go with the main article, which normally conforms to a 'lets undermined the Playstation at every slight chance we get' standard. Until the payments stop of course.

Also :lol at that picture.

Lance
14th March 2008, 03:02 AM
Ah, yes, the beloved Dr. Cox, Professional Snark, D. S. summa come loud.

Dogg Thang
14th March 2008, 10:33 AM
I've never read Eurogamer comments before. Seems like mostly kids. Not all negative though - just extremes. The positives seem blind excited raves, the negatives are blind bashing put downs. Personally, I wouldn't make much of a disctincting between the two.

As for the 'port' arguments, Colin himself brought it up. No surprise it draws attention to what it is.

I like how they put the downloadable content line. It's 'support' for the main game rather than the game being a device to facilitate the extra content and the revenue it brings. Give it a few years and I'll put money on some games like this being offered free, the ongoing content charges bringing in much more money in the long run.

Egg
14th March 2008, 10:50 AM
For Eurogamer, that'd make a first! ;)

Hah, yeah. I suppose I should've put 'interesting' in quotes.

The internet is a bloody nasty jungle for the most part, no doubt about that.

Fascia
14th March 2008, 11:15 AM
I used to dispise Kotaku due to their obvious nintendo bias, however, recently I've noticed they've been faithfully reporting even smaller tidbits of information regarding WipEout HD.

Frances_Penfold
14th March 2008, 02:29 PM
This seems applicable to the Eurogamer comments section ;)

http://xkcd.com/202/

My reading of sites like neogaf and IGN is that many gamers are excited about Wipeout HD-- really floored by the graphics and looking forward to having a home console version of the game to play. It's unfortunate that the userbase for the PS3 isn't higher but methinks that Wipeout HD will do well amongst with the medium and hardcore gamer crowd.