PDA

View Full Version : Des:gn+[Build]

Synthetic Consciousness
11th July 2002, 11:58 PM
For those who wish to be the next Nick Burcombe, I found this on Gamespot:

Game design class enrollment begins

The Art Institute of California - San Francisco is now accepting applications for fall and winter classes in its game art and design degree program.

The Art Institute of California - San Francisco has announced that it is now accepting applications for the fall and winter classes in its bachelor's degree program in game art and design. The program, which started in January, teaches a broad range of fundamental art skills, such as color theory, drawing, and sculpture, and adds skills such as 3D modeling, animation, texturing, scripting, storytelling, storyboarding, and other aspects of character design and game level design. Students in the program also take general education courses in mathematics, the social sciences, psychology, art history, philosophy, the humanities, and other subjects.
"Millions of people worldwide play games on a daily basis, and the game sector is a significant part of the overall entertainment industry," said Mary Clarke-Miller, academic director for new media programs at The Art Institute of California - San Francisco. "The field of interactive entertainment offers exciting opportunities for visual artists who can bring traditional artistic skills into the digital realm."

Those interested in applying for entry into the game art and design program for this fall quarter can find more information at the institute's official Web site.

[web]s:te-http://www.aisf.artinstitutes.edu/

Now, if only a lot of us lived in California. :lol:

infoxicated
12th July 2002, 08:38 AM
If only I lived in San Fran I'd go for it! ;)

Lance
12th July 2002, 10:00 PM
Rob, i know you want to live in Cali for the weather; San Fran is the lAST place you want to be for nice weather. foggy, damp, often chill even in the warm seasons. bleh

Wamdue
13th July 2002, 09:58 AM
heh, im going for a game-design school located in sweden :)

infoxicated
15th July 2002, 09:34 AM
Lance - true - I'd probably go for somewhere in between :)