PDA

View Full Version : wtf, Mandrashee and Manor Top not unlocking, Classic 1 not in Tournament mode

AG-wolf
28th February 2008, 05:37 PM
For some reason, I can't get the latter two tracks in the CLassic league to open up. I'm starting fresh with Pure (rather than digging through my backup dvds to find my old save from when the game was released), and I've gotten gold on everything in Vector and half of Venom thus far, but for some reason Mandrashee and Manor Top are just not opening up. I've tried hitting "next race" at the end of each course, but after Sagarmatha, it brings me straight to Altima VII in Classic 2. And when I go into Tournament mode, everything is there; Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Ascention, Classic 2, Descention... except regular Classic

it's not like I'm retarded or something, but what am I missing? D:

bloseth
28th February 2008, 05:48 PM
I think you need 60 golds total to unlock all classic1 tracks. (check gamefaqs.com).

AG-wolf
28th February 2008, 05:58 PM
well that's retarded... all the others seemed to be unlocking by themselves as I beat the previous course in each league.

hahaha i keep making ridiculously noobish posts it seems XD Oh well, problem solved it looks like. In return, I attach and give you a picture of one of the things that pisses me off most about Pure.

Sausehuhn
28th February 2008, 06:57 PM
This "bug" was fixed in Pulse. Almost never happends (just if the MagStrip can't hold you - and that happens almost never).

:)

Dogg Thang
28th February 2008, 08:45 PM
It can happen on Phantom on the last corner of Moa Therma. Also if you drop off the bridge on Outpost 7. And the bouncy download track (can't remember the name). And more. Not as common as Pure no doubt but, for me, it happens more than "almost never".

Animagic
29th February 2008, 06:31 AM
yeah it's the gold count.. this happened to me when I started fresh with pure, DLing it from the PSN.

I was frustrated too...
after having tracks unlock after completion every time it was like... "wha?"

lunar
29th February 2008, 07:52 AM
I love the fact you can flip the ship, and that the ship is free enough for that to happen. It`s entirely avoidable as it always happens in the same places, and it`s always because you forgot to do what you should do to stop it, such as after the step-jumps on Chenghou. It can feel spectacular, if annoying in an online race (happened to me on Moa v Zargz and Borell :bomb )

On Mandrashee in Pure it happens on the long twisty straight, as your ship goes into a kind of slow-motion lift off, if you don`t keep the nose down one way or another. You get a similar feeling on Moa when it goes wrong. An awesome way to have a disaster, and all part of the physics, imo. :)

Chill
29th February 2008, 08:15 PM
I actually liked it as well... though I'm not going to lie, it pissed me off... but it was like a hit in the face for not blocking the punch right... It would be no fun to not feel that punch and just have a point taken away in your boxing match, that would be lame... ;)

Lion
29th February 2008, 09:33 PM
one thing that happened in pure that I am glad hasn't happened in pulse is getting stuck with my nose straight down onto the track.
I've lost races because of it..
the ship sticks and is un-driveable, but doesn't reset because the game doesn't interpret the problem.
a rare event, but has happened to me at least 3 times on the chenghou project steps