PDA

View Full Version : Bug reports

wich
28th February 2008, 04:57 PM
I was thinking it a good idea to make a thread for bug reports so that our beloved devs can have a nice overview of the kind of things we encounter. Though before I get to the bug that I wanted to report today I wanted to ask our devs whether there will be any chance of a download patch some day in the future, is the game designed to accomodate such? Please give us a response on this instead of a long deadly silence, as it'd be a waste of time to produce an overview of bugs if there is no possible way they will ever be resolved for us.

Anyway, on to my bug for today:

PSP: Phat
FW: 3.71 M33-4
MS: SanDisk Ultra II 4GB
Pulse: EU
DLC: Mirage/Icaras/Harimau/Auricom
Custom Sountrack: yes
Custom skins: no
Custom grids: no
Options: 0% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, flat, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Okay, I was on the Harimau grid, just did the Orcus White SR venom, moved my cursor over to the Gemini Dam Black TT Flash and put the PSP in sleep. I turn my PSP back on and I enter the TT event I was on, instead of the TT event I get the Gemini Dam Black SL Venom, but with the TT 2.06 time limit for gold instead of the SL 0.35 time limit. I complete the event (with a shameful 0.35.75 fastest time) and I get a weird grid, which seems to have only one event, but the game doesn't seem to know what type of event (says NONE), here's a picture of the corrupted grid (http://www.stack.nl/~wich/dump/wo_harimau_1.png). I'm like huh, reboot my PSP and go back to the Harimau grid and see that I now have a gold medal for the TT event with a time of 0.35.75. (picture of the grid after reboot (http://www.stack.nl/~wich/dump/wo_harimau_2.png))

Bootnote: As I was writing this bug report I wanted to check the Harimau grid, so I go to race campaign and try to open the Harimau grid and I get a crash, the load screen appears, after a while there is just a straight line instead of the jumping one and a couple secs later my PSP turns off. :(

P.S. if other people want to add bug reports to this, please use the vbCode template below, and remember the 50k image rule, link to images or keep them small:

PSP: Phat/Slim
FW:
MS:
Pulse: EU/NA
Custom Sountrack: yes/no
Custom skins: yes/no
Custom grids: yes/no
Options: % music, % sfx, sequential/random, internal/close/far, default/concave/flat/off, tags on/off, ghost on/off, load on/off, lang en/fr/de/es/it

Your bug description here

infoxicated
29th February 2008, 03:04 PM
I think the idea of this thread is a good one. Should Sony ever deem us worthy enough of receiving a WipEout Pulse Special Edition with all the content on one disc and the bugs fixed, then I think it's worthwhile for the people who play the game with most scrutiny to compile a comprehensive bug report.

So the format above is good, and if you're going to reply using the format suggested then that's also good. But if you're not going to reply in that manner then I'll delete your post.

Let the bug reporting commence. Let the debate be elsewhere. :)

Lion
29th February 2008, 09:05 PM
FW: multiple, both cfw and standard. currently 3.90 m33-2
MS: SanDisk 1Gb (the fluoro yellow one)
DLC: None
Custom Sountrack: no
Custom skins: yes
Options: close, default hud, tags on, lang en

When hosting a race, changing the track forces the ship appearance back to default.
Applies whether attempting use of a custom skin or one of the native alternates.

mdhay
29th February 2008, 09:16 PM
PSP: 1003 Series
FW: 3.90
MS: SanDisk 1Gb (Pro Duo)
DLC: None - I'm skint.
Custom skins: yes, but not for Feisar.
Custom grids: yes, but not using.
. Autopilot turns the ship into a fish on Mag - Strips, particularly on De konstruct's 180ºover track thingy.

defor
3rd March 2008, 11:57 AM
PSP: 2000 Series
MS: Sony 4Gb
DLC: No
Custom Sountrack: No
Custom skins: Yes
Custom grids: No
Options: Varied

Not sure if it's a bug... anyone want to clarify:
If I switch to concept skin, every other team uses concept skin as well. With Eliminator/Alternate skin choice, this doesn't happen...

I also find it interesting that while I do have a tiny bit of load time on switching to custom skins, I see a HUGE amount with the first time in ship selection that i choose the concept skin.

rdmx
3rd March 2008, 01:17 PM
FW: 3.71
MS: 4gb sony
Custom Sountrack: 30 tracks
Custom skins: One ag sys skin
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Disappearing HUD glitch when you have played too many races (without going back to XMB), leading to subsequent freezes. Notably, this happens far far far less on my Slim, possibly due to extra memory?

stin
3rd March 2008, 01:44 PM
PSP: Slim
FW: 3.73
MS: SanDisk MS Pro Duo Magic Gate 2GB
Pulse: Euro and NA
Custom skins: yes, but not anymore
Custom grids: yes
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, sequen, close, default, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang enAfter loading to enter a race, coming to intro then, normally I pressed it right away ,but it`s freezes and I decided to leave an intro slightly longer than normal to prevent it. But I`m getting used to it.

stevie

tapioca
3rd March 2008, 07:44 PM
FW: 3.71 M33
MS: Sony 4GB
Options: 75% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang fr

When i've been using one of the downloadable ships (so that it appears as default on the ship selection screen) and then get online, the PSP freezes when i'm entering a game and try to choose a ship. Instead of team name, there's a font bug like 2 names one on another. It always freezes while displaying the Assegai ship (1st of the list…).
I guess this happens because my default ship should be one of the downloadable teams, but they can't be used in multiplayer.
All i can do then is reboot.

Tomahawk
3rd March 2008, 08:20 PM
FW: 3.72 official Sony
MS: Sony 1GB
Custom Sountrack: yes (6 custom tracks added, a few non-custom soundtracks turned off)
Custom skins: yes (3 different ones)
Custom grids: yes (1)
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal view, default hud, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

This bug has happened to me twice now: I set up a new single race in multiplayer mode, name TomatoJoe. A few other players jump in. I quit the race (once by accident, once because my phone rang) and after a while set up anothe race with the same name as the first race I set up. The game tells me "this race alreay exists". I then go into the multiplayer arena, find the game named TomatoJoe and join it. Once the race starts, there's myself twice on the list of players at the top of the screen. At the end of the race there are the two players called TomatoJoe shown, one after each other, on the results screen, one has my race time shown correctly and the other one shows "racing". I checked my online profil after each race and even though I finished first in both races the wins were not counted, the races however were.

Delci
26th March 2008, 12:16 AM
FW: 3.92
MS: PRO Duo
Pulse: NA
Custom Sountrack: Yes
Custom skins: No
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, far, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, en

Not sure if this is really a bug, as much as it is a coincidence...a really weird one at that...but I was in the far right Eliminator event on Grid 10, in The Amphiseum Black, and just before I left the corridor that leads to the huge U-turn, the warning-voice spoke up, and said, "Quake. Quake. Quake. Quake. Quake."
Surely this couldn't mean there were five Quakes headed towards me. I thought it was just warning me that one of the contenders might use a Quake, and their craft was passing in and out of 'warning' range, which caused the warning to repeat itself.
I was wrong. I was hit by five - yes, five - Quake blasts, one after the other, each after I thought it was over (and yes, I was eliminated). This struck me as incredibly odd...that five of the A.I. would have the same weapon? Maybe it was a glitch in how the weapons are randomized?

infoxicated
26th March 2008, 09:41 AM
FW: 3.92
MS: Sony 8Gb
Options: 100% music, 50% sfx, random, close, flat, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Bug Description

Coming out of sleep mode in the top level menu I went down to through racebox to track select, then changed my mind and backed up to the top level menu again. The picture of the track from the track select screen stayed above the the other menus, even when I went back to the track select screen and away from it again. Cured with a reboot.

Additional Info
Picture of bug on screen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/infoxicated/2358664683/

Karelmanz
31st March 2008, 12:35 PM
PSP: Fat
FW: 3.93 OFW
Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, random, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load off, lang en

Bug: At Amphiseum White, Phantom, at the end with the big jump, I jumped off and performed my barrel roll a little too late, landed on my back, stayed that way and energy going off. Eventually died.

Medusa
1st April 2008, 10:18 PM
FW: 3.93
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Your bug description here:
While racing online, versus only one player on Tech de Ra White Flash, the other player laid down mines on the curve before the bridge. The mines stayed visible throughout the entire race. (They were not new mines - the same ones.)

blixabargeld
2nd April 2008, 07:20 PM
PSP:fat
FW:3.92
MS:sandisk 2GB
PULSE:EU
DLC:none
custom soundtrack:yes
custom skins:yes
custom grids:no
options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, tags on, ghost off, load off, lang en

Short list of bugs:

almost everytime i start a tournament with a custom ship skin, it disappears (the skin) after the second race.

sometimes the game frezee when i pause to choose a song from my custom soundtrack.

in the ship selection screen, it always takes more than five seconds to pass from an "original" ship to a downloaded one; when that loading takes more than five seconds (it happens when i push the buttons too quickly) the game suddenly freeze..

Darkdrium777
5th April 2008, 10:32 PM
FW: 3.90 M33-2
MS: 4GB Sony
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, internal, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Same as Delci but this time on Moa Therma White in Phantom, on the roller coaster magstrip... Three quakes in a row, in single race. There were three contenders eliminated, thankfully my AGS survived because it had 100% shields and I even finished first. The AI was set to hard, but I can't believe that they all had quakes "normally". There is definitely something up there... I had a Quake Quake — Quake warning and I freaked out because I had read Delci's post prior to it happening. :g

packetmon
18th April 2008, 04:02 AM
* PSP: Slim
* FW: 3.90
* MS: Sony
* Pulse: NA
* DLC: not yet
* Custom Soundtrack: yes
* Custom skins: yes
* Custom grids: no
* Options: close, lang en, don't remember the others

Was in an online game on Moa Therma White hosted by someone else.
triple_lei was there.
First thing I noticed is that the HUD and view of the track was tweaked.
Viewpoint was further above the track than usual.
Perspective lines of the track were hosed and it looked like the ships were pointing inwards and they were bigger.
After the GO! the viewpoint went higher - way higher.
I was looking down at my ship and really couldn't control it at all.
Looked up at the player list and I was listed up there twice.
Seemed like I was really controlling some other ship I couldn't really see.
Highly recommend this one!

specialDFX
19th April 2008, 02:48 AM
* PSP: Slim
* FW: 3.73
* MS: Sony 2Gb
* Pulse: NA
* DLC: NA :(
* Custom Sountrack: yes
* Custom skins: yes
* Custom grids: no
* Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Had to triple-check to make sure this wasn't here already...:?

Multiplayer, I appear to be the only one racing at all, and evidently vice versa for my opponents. Other racers remain at starting line for entire race, but I can see weapons being fired by invisible ships, mines and bombs lying about. I am credited with the win no matter what. Happens about 20% of the time.

Harvai
20th April 2008, 05:42 AM
FW: 3.71
MS: 2gig Sandisk
Options: Music & SFX 100%, random, close, concave, tags off, ghosts on

Editing my post. I've noticed that whatever ships Alternate or Eliminator skin I choose, the field ALWAYS have theirs. I've found another bug;

After having raced a few races, with the next one I started, the Position marker didn't have any numbers in it( / ) and also after completing a lap the Split Timer didn't show up. Next up I did an Eliminator, but this time neither the 'CONTENDER ELIMINATED' or Lap Marker showed up.

Finished that event and went to check my stats, but then my PSP froze, and after 10 seconds shut down completely (still had over half battery)
This may or may not have something to do with me starting an Eliminator event on my lunch break at work and resuming it 4 hours later...

Rapier Racer
28th April 2008, 12:32 PM
MS: SanDisk 4GB gaming
Pulse: US
DLC: All
Custom skins: Yes
100% music, Random
100% sfx
Far View
Default HUD
Your bug description here

If you try to select a custom ship skin AND a song from your own custom soundtrack the first selection you made is forgotten by the game. So if you select your custom song first then choose your custom ship skin when the race loads it won't play the song you selected and vice versa it forgets the skin choice if you made that first.

omega329
29th April 2008, 06:05 PM
PSP: Phat (1000-series)
FW: bug noticed on FW's 3.71-4.05
MS: Sony Magicgate memory stick pro duo 1GB
Pulse: EUR
Custom Soundtrack: bug noticed with and without
Custom skins: See above
Music: all options tried, no difference
SFX: 100%
Close View
Concave HUD

when playing music in the psp XMB, pressing home or select and selecting pulse under GAME will produce a static FX300 logo instead of the FX400.

P52Smith
14th May 2008, 06:41 PM
FW: 4.05
MS: SanDisk 4GB (1.6GB of free space)
Custom Soundtrack: yes
Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, Lang en

After a few races, the Alternate and Eliminator skins for the 4 DLC ships disappear. By going to grid level and putting system into standby, then turning back on and choosing the race, the system will reload the DLC and the relevant skins will reappear. I don't know if this affects Custom skins for DLC as mine are all for the UMD ships.

I'm not sure if there is a specific number of races or other factors as I have not tried to get this to specifically happen. One nasty side effect is that when you try an Eliminator event, the system crashes if you have not reloaded in the way I mentioned above.

Darkdrium777
15th May 2008, 12:18 AM
FW: 3.90 M33-3
MS: 4GB Sony
Custom Sountrack: yes (30 tracks)
Options: 100% music, 100% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost on, load on, lang en

Racing on Basilico White Phantom speed in single race with Goteki 45 (A custom skin, skin slot 3 if I must be precise), I got a leech beam warning and my energy slowly decreased (At least I think it did), my ship taking the skin of the leech beam effect as if it were hit. However, the lightning bolt did not appear, the camera didn't become filled with static and the ship didn't become hard to control like it used to do (Which is :| by the way). It was just showing my custom skin with the blue energy overlay skin of the leech beam hit effect. Afterwards, on the other lap, when I passed the same area where I was supposedly hit by the leech, my ship turned blue again as if I were hit once more, except I was +5.0 secs in the lead, and my energy didn't decrease that time. I forgot to take a screenshot of it but I remember it happened two times on the same race near the same area.

RJ O'Connell
7th July 2008, 04:25 PM
PSP: 1001 Series (Phat)
FW: OFW 4.01
MS: Lexar 1.0 GB (Wal-Mart brand)
Pulse: AU
Custom Sountrack: No
Options: 100% Music and SFX, Random Music, Close Camera, Concave HUD, Tags On, Ghost Off, Load Off, English

I let my 12-year-old brother play using my profile. Since he's an inexperienced player jumping right into Rapier and Phantom races, he had to restart a lot and blew up several times while playing.

Well, when I get my PSP back to play for myself, I find out that I have corrupt Single Race records. Something like these:

RAPIER CLASS CORRUPT RACE RECORDS

Talon's Junction White: 33.30
Moa Therma: 1.06.04 White, 1.10.12 Black
Metropia White: 59.82

PHANTOM CLASS CORRUPT RACE RECORDS

Talon's Junction White: 31.74
Moa Therma White: 32.58
Metropia White: 53.60
Tech De Ra White: 34.42

Obviously, these times can't be erased by running the tracks again, and it seems as if the only way to get rid of these times is to delete the profile and start the game from the beginning. I've tried intentionally running my shield out and running a lap then quitting to figure out how this happened. My brother told me it's likely a game glitch. But this is just ****ing weird.

judus
30th August 2008, 11:05 AM
FW: OFW 4.01
MS: SanDisk PRO Duo (1Gb)
DLC: Mirage/Icaras
Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, random, close, concave, tags on, ghost off, load on, lang en

Bug description (2 bugs)

I'll describe reproduceable steps, but these bugs maybe reproduced via other shorter methods.

1: Select custom event->speed lap(phantom). Select EdgeWinter Black. Select Icaras with 'alternative' skin. Once the race starts pause the game and switch the console power off. Switch Power on again and select 'restart race'. The ship skin has changed to 'default'. Pause and quit the game and select the same options from the menu again and you'll notice that Icaras 'alternative' skin has dissapeared from the selection.

Switching the power off whilst in the menu and switching it on again causes the game to reload the menus, which appears to fix the above issue and brings back the 'alternative' skin. This leads to bug 2.

2: After reloading the menu to fix the skin selection issue, go through the same steps (EdgeWinter black, phantom speed lap, Icaras alternative). When you confirm the ship, instead of loading the level, the game brings you back to the main menu (almost as if there are 2 front end modes on the stack due to the reloading failing to delete the old mode)

Primal-Convoy
1st September 2008, 03:03 AM
(Before everyone starts, I DO own a custom firmware PSP and YES, the game is a BACKUP of the game (I live in Japan :banzai and we cant yet buy it over here, but I'm British and I have folks who bought it for me back home and its easier to just keep the original at home and play the backup in Japan).

If it makes everyone feel better, I use my original Wipeout Pure UMD to load my backup of WO: Pulse.

I have put my neck on the block here to let people know about the bugs I have with regards to my version. Perhaps they are only backup copy bugs or genuine. I leave that for others to find out as I haven't got a clue).

Thanks!

* PSP: Phat 1000 (Japanese)
* FW: 4.01 M33-2
* MS: Sony 4GB (271GB of free space)
* Pulse: EU (backup)
* DLC: No Downloaded Craft
* Custom Soundtrack: yes (30 tracks - and they :rock )
* Custom skins: One
* Custom grids: None
* Options: 100% music, 75% sfx, sequential, close, flat, tags on, ghost on, load on, Lang en.
* Any of those accursed hacked cheats, you back-up using, scumbag?

None at all. Cross my weapon pick-ups and hope to be eliminated! Honest!

* Ever played online so we can gun you down like the custom-firmware using code-monkey that you are?

Nope. Its hard to join the EU site from here in Japan, I think. Correct me if Im wrong though! Id like to race a bit to see what it's like!

BUGS:

1/ Some music tracks will NOT load, even if they are changed, bitrate changed, quality changed, reconverted into another file format and changed back to MP3, etc.

2/ Some music tracks are listed in the game and recognised (ie: appear in the list) but will not play.

3/ The "computer voice" will say "three kills remaining" during the start of eliminator, even though I have only killed 2/3 out of 10 .

4/ My position in the race (top right of the HUD) wont show sometimes and usually at the same time, if I go to the sub-menue and select a track, some or all of the music tracks, custom or otherwise, will not show (but they will display in the "now playing" bottom of the HUD display screen and they DO play regardless).

5/ Sometimes, after a race has finished and I am returned to the main menu, the game freezes (but doesn't seem to reset, or crash the PSP unit so I have to remove the battery).

If this happens to your original UMD version, start to panic!then

Primal-Convoy
2nd September 2008, 01:46 PM
I also noticed today that the spoken introduction to some of the tracks gets cut.

Its as if the script and the alloted time for the introduction are at odds with each other.

Anyone get the impression that:

- Pulse was made in a bit of a rush?

- The developers are not keen to fix any of/any more of the bugs and thats why their skin generator doesnt load AT ALL?

- The makers are probably more interested in the PS3 version now and so dont care about anything involving the PSP version?

mdhay
2nd September 2008, 01:52 PM
PSP: 1003 Series
MS: SanDisk 1Gb (Pro Duo)
DLC: None - I'm skint.
Custom skins: yes, but not using.
Custom grids: yes, but not using.

When I try to take a picture/ view results the game crashes and switches off completely.

Primal-Convoy
3rd September 2008, 02:00 PM
I cannot get online for multiplayer. It says my ID doesnt exist. Ditto for the online skin generator.

EDITED: Due to message below.

("bug" Fixed: Playstation store and Playstation game sign-ins require two different sign up sessions/passwords and are NOT the same. Gomen)

Lance
3rd September 2008, 04:34 PM
Back to the topic and its format, please; this topic is purely for bug reports. Generalised speculations and questions generate white noise for those attempting to read for specific information. This thread has a specified required format; please read the first post in the thread.

feisar rocket
4th March 2009, 11:26 AM
psp:1OO1/1OOO
fw:5.3/4.5
ms:SanDisk 8gb mspd/sony 4gb mspd
pulse:Am
DLS:none
custom music:yes/no
custom grid:yes
custom skin:yes
options:music vol 1OO%.sfx vol 1OO%.music playlist random.camera close.hud concave.language english. everything eles on.
so my prob about pulse is at the start menu the craft on the side stops at the start.my 2 prob is wen im going to select something the sound is so loud 1 time.
my 3 prob is wen im eleminating a contender in eleminator my score does not go up and it says 5 kil