PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for newbie player?

Kevlar
24th February 2008, 11:05 AM
Ive played through the 'main' portion of Pure now, (got all speedclasses and done ascention tournaments) and now im trying to get through the bulk of it, but im having trouble getting through the classic, classic 2,Delta..etc leagues.

Should I stick to one ship? or change depending on the track/league?
How do you properly use/get the most use out of sideshift?

TheFrostE
24th February 2008, 03:30 PM
i very briefly dabbled in pure, since its one of the titles i missed out on in WO series since i got my psp 3 weeks before pulse. but in my WO experience i like to stick with one ship (feisar in my case). every ship has their ups and downs and yes there are definetly some tracks that favor speed over agility, but you CAN win everything with any ship. TT is the only thing you may want to look at using an obviously faster ship, especially cuz there are a lot of people that can use pirahna flawlessly and its not possible to beat the times with anything else. as for sideshifts, i dont use them too much, they only cause problems for me in rapier and phantom, its too fast for that, but flash and venom i guess its alright if your tailing right behind someone

Lance
24th February 2008, 09:46 PM
Pure is a very different game from the newer Pulse; these differences in some of the methods of making progress, and the balance of the ships' abilities, means that much of what works best in Pulse does not apply to Pure. Bear that in mind. For example, Triakis is effectively a supership in Pure, but not in Pulse.

Kevlar
25th February 2008, 06:17 AM
I was going to make another thread about it, but I might aswell ask here;
Should I try to fully complete Pure before trying Pulse?(for the sake of completion) or are the differences so great that its best just to put Pure on the shelf now?

phl0w
25th February 2008, 08:17 AM
Only if you're one of those "completists". If you're not, I'd suggest switching to Pulse, because airbrakes and especially sideshifting in Pulse is very different to Pure's and concentrating on Pure only makes the transition to Pulse harder, I think. If, on the other hand, you just want to wipeout and have the impression that Pulse is the much better game but you don't want to neglect Pure, then stick to Pure for now, challenge some ranked times on tracks you like, and get to know the game inside out. Pulse might exceed Pure in many ways, like the balance of ships' abilitites (as of now), a slightly more floaty feeling (up to taste, it's really just a nuance, nowhere near the gorgeous WO3 and 2097 physics) and the infrastructure mode. At the same time it introduces some cumbersome bugs and definitely lacks the character of Pure, thus feels less WO than the aforementioned in my opinion.
For advice and strategies check the threads on the Pure boards, there are many techniques described and discussed. Maybe spread out a little rather than under a single thread, but the search function helps a lot.

Kevlar
25th February 2008, 04:28 PM
Well, ive just gotten Pulse this evening, haven't experienced any bugs yet. I see what you mean by it lacking the character of pure-I doesn't seem as subtle/smooth(if you know what I mean). Well, playing through the campaign mode on easy atm(to speed up the process ofc), can't wait to try online mutliplayer :D