PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP HERE!

Eins2001
10th July 2002, 07:02 AM
How do you put a pic under your name? :-?

infoxicated
10th July 2002, 08:21 AM
You cant - it's only for admins... sorry. :)

Myke_AG_Sys™
10th July 2002, 07:41 PM
...but if you had more bandwidth you'd let everyone use custom avitars, right?

Lance
10th July 2002, 08:05 PM
their presence or absence is not my call, but i'm not real keen on avatars cos the board is so streamlined and functional without them. it's a nice expression of one's self, though; i understand the urge. oddly enough i was mad to have one at first, but now i never even see my own because i keep images switched off on my browser to speed up surfing through my telephone modem. i usually dl only the specific images i want to see

rhys
10th July 2002, 08:26 PM
i like avatars!! :D

like lance said they really do add personality 8)

but i must admit it does speed up the site (and show who the moderators are) without them!!

infoxicated
10th July 2002, 09:50 PM
As suggested, yeah - it is a bandwidth issue, otherwise I'd have a gallery of team icons for you to choose.

Also, I'm not really keen on slowing down the forums by having them. It's like those sigs that were abused on the old forum - some people just don't know when the f*ck to give up on stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid freakin' images that add absolutely nothing to a post and are twice the size of the freakin' message.

Which reminds me - I disabled sigs tonight due to the lovely dual image download of our newest member.

That's exactly the problem - if it's left to be self regulating someone always screws it up for everyone...

Lance
10th July 2002, 09:57 PM
thank you for disabling those things!