PDA

View Full Version : Pure in-game downloader doesn't connect to internet

AG-wolf
21st February 2008, 10:59 PM
I've made sure on multiple occasions that all my wireless settings are correct; the web browser works without any issues, but every time I try to ue the in-game downloader it just kicks me out saying it couldn't communicate with the "access point"

Am I retarded or something?

Sausehuhn
21st February 2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure, but think Sony is not providing the content anymore.

AG-wolf
22nd February 2008, 02:27 PM
ah, I managed to at least find them elsewhere though. Shame there weren't more than what they did.

Rapier Racer
22nd February 2008, 06:25 PM
Talking about the Pure downloads? I think we got plenty considering it was for nothing and all.

Lance
22nd February 2008, 07:35 PM
Not as much in the American [North and South] version, though.

Rapier Racer
23rd February 2008, 05:20 PM
Wasn't that just the same stuff tastelessly skinned with all sorts of rubbish? :|

Sausehuhn
23rd February 2008, 05:39 PM
You're forgetting the Euro-Exclusive Omega Pack.

Rapier Racer
23rd February 2008, 05:48 PM
Oh no hold up I glanced at Lances post to quickly and misread it, thought it was

Not as much AS in the American [North and South] version, though.

:redface:

Omega pack.......pffft

Lance
23rd February 2008, 06:33 PM
Let me rephrase: There was way less extra content released for the North American version than there was for the European version. :frown:

AG-wolf
27th February 2008, 03:24 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the Omega pack wasn't much more than siezure inducing eye-candy by some art crowd in Europe, and the courses themselves weren't exceptional or anything.

Lance
27th February 2008, 04:58 AM
I thought Omega pack was very cool; I've seen videos of all the tracks.

Sausehuhn
27th February 2008, 08:11 AM
Hah, AG-wolf, it was more the other way around. The Omega Pack had some fantastic layouts, but the style didn't match with the rest of the game.
They looked nice, of course, but at least for me the pack was not WipEout, mainly because of the environment design.
I could imagine those layouts with other sourrounding and I'm sure they would look ace and thus, feel differently.

My point of view: it's not only the layout that makes a track good but also the environment. Because the environment gives a special mood to the track.
If you have a good track and a good environment, then you're on the right way.

Btw: I think Pulse has a few problems with that: some environments are good but the tracks are uninspired and the other way around.

Rapier Racer
27th February 2008, 01:47 PM
Well I gave a guy at work a shot of Pure a while back and he randomly picked an Omega track, what an embarrassment, my favorite series of all time introduced to a newbie with one of 'those' tracks. It the game is not so Pure with those tracks in.

omega329
27th February 2008, 04:26 PM
dammit, I've just thought about my wipeoutzone tag and what message it sends out...

Lance
27th February 2008, 05:31 PM
....introduced to a newbie with one of 'those' tracks.

Wait, don't tell me. He picked 'Paris Hair', right? :)

Rapier Racer
27th February 2008, 05:50 PM
Thats a good guess! :clap It had the girl moaning coming out the PSP speakers and everything. I don't feel that Wipeout is the time nor place for sexual like moaning lol. Even Burgertown would have been better than that.

Yet I still find myself unable to delete the lot from my memory stick as then things might feel a little incomplete.

AG-wolf
28th February 2008, 05:17 PM
I might have to check these out somehow regardless now :P

Medusa
29th February 2008, 10:50 PM
I found Paris Hair to be the ultimate test of concentration. Phantom speed with that moaning going on. Distracting for me and I'm a woman! Poor guys, I feel for you.;) Seriously though, I loved the track and environment, it was like wipeout on weed and trapped in the 60's. I think it was my favourite omega track.:redface:

q_dmc12
2nd March 2008, 11:11 PM
I don't feel that Wipeout is the time nor place for sexual like moaning lol. Even Burgertown would have been better than that.
Didn't burgertown have jumping sausages though?

No, 321Klan definitely - takes me back to wo64 and 3 :loathing <-- I got to make a smilie for that

MarcoM
27th February 2009, 07:29 AM
Hi, searching through this board, I could not find an answer to my question. How can I get the download packs on my psp 3004? I have bought Pure online.

I did own the game, but I sold the ol psp and got a Nintendo Ds. No compare obviously. So back to the psp now. It seems that the download packs are not available.

If I go to wipeoutpure.com and click to download another window pops up. It tries to connect to yourpsp and fails.

Are the packs for pure available as a download?

thanks,

marco

Darkdrium777
27th February 2009, 07:55 AM
The WipEout PurE website is half broken because of the redirect to the Playstation Store for a file that doesn't exist on it.

Get the packs here:

http://f.imagehost.org/0317/WipEoutPurEDLCTHUMB.png (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ac4e894ae36fb46dd9d5c56d04dfa8b0965a36f0 b42feb03c95965eaa7bc68bc)

MarcoM
27th February 2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the location. But what do I do with these folders in the RAR file? The folders on my psp\game directory are shorter. Do I put them there? Or change names?

Darkdrium777
27th February 2009, 01:15 PM
Put them in SAVEDATA, not GAME. I think that's where they're supposed to be at.

MarcoM
27th February 2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks, it works :)

Chill
2nd March 2009, 11:27 PM
Darkdrium, you don't happen to have the Japanese packs on there do you?? :p

Darkdrium777
2nd March 2009, 11:43 PM
Nah sorry man... I got this from a thread in the Arena where we tried to get all the content packs for all regions together, especially the music ones from Euro (We got one more music pack so we recompiled and hosted it on Filefront). Nobody had the Japanese packs unfortunately.

Chill
3rd March 2009, 12:25 AM
alright it's all good... I'm sure someone will stumble along this post sometime and have them loaded... and hopefully be generous enough to share with the public... ;)

[UPDATE]: Nevermind those packs I posted a link to... turned out to be corrupt!! :bomb

Asayyeah
3rd March 2009, 08:04 AM
Darkdrium, you don't happen to have the Japanese packs on there do you?? :p
I got the japanese packs storen somewhere into my HDDs, i will have a look at them this weekend, Logan just sent me a private message friday or saturday and i will find them for you.

Xavier
3rd March 2009, 12:31 PM
Wow; I just did some Googling for the packs in Japanese and came up totally empty. (I did discover that the game only sold about 10,000 copies in Japan, which is a big surprise.)

Asayyeah, I wouldn't mind having them myself, as I'll need them if I ever buy the Japanese version of Pure... which I'll probably do if I ever see it for sale cheap!

Darkdrium777
3rd March 2009, 02:03 PM
Ah that's cool if you could find them. One mission I wanted to complete some time ago :D
If you get the japan packs, I believe the only thing left missing would be some euro music packs, although I'm not sure...

sequent_blender
3rd March 2009, 11:46 PM
Links for the Japanese packs:

http://jp-wipeout.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wipeout/report/woP015.html

and

http://jp-wipeout.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wipeout/report/woP016.html

By the way, check out the rest of the content on the website above. I reckon it's one of the best, if not the best, resource for wipEout information on the web.

Cheers, Dave.

komatos
3rd March 2009, 11:49 PM
Probably already common knowledge around these parts, but even way back when (2005) if you wanted to use the in-game downloader to download the packs from the website it wouldn't work properly if you were using WPA-PSK instead of WEP. That's because when Wipeout Pure first came out (launch day: March 22, 2005) the PSP's OS was 1.50 and WPA didn't get added until around 2.0. So after 2.0 you had to switch your settings back from WPA-PSK to WEP if you wanted to use the in-game downloader instead of going to the Wipeout Pure website on your computer. Was a major PITA for me and I eventually just used my Mac/PC to download the last several US packs instead of playing around changing my PSP's and wireless router's settings each time a new pack came out.

Darkdrium777
4th March 2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks sequent blender! :+ I have compiled all the downloads in one large and easy one, it's uploading right now, I'll post the link when it's done :)

JAPAN (http://files.filefront.com/WipEout+PurE+DL+Packs+JAPAN/;13406203;/fileinfo.html) - EURO (http://files.filefront.com/WipeoutPure+europacksrar/;11343399;/fileinfo.html) - US (http://www.rigaweb.it/materiali/wipeout/usa.zip)