PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD Exclusive trailer - Eurogamer

Eejay
20th February 2008, 08:59 PM
Hello all,

Exclusive trailer over at Eurogamer TV :

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=7338

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

Eejay

stin
20th February 2008, 09:10 PM
Niiice!, even better than the time I was there!:hyper

Oh!, Welcome to the board and enjoy!;)

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
20th February 2008, 09:14 PM
Oh yes, can't wait for this, was that the Fusion missile sound I heard in there, that was a cool sound nice to hear it again.

Chris OTR
20th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Good spot! :)

Looks great, nothing new really but very beautiful. Can't wait.

Good old Eurogamer :)

Fascia
20th February 2008, 10:12 PM
This is perhaps the first time my eyes have had multiple orgasms.

Nadia Elenova
20th February 2008, 10:13 PM
Sweeeet! :p thx!

Hellfire_WZ
20th February 2008, 10:45 PM
Have I just died and gone to heaven?... :D

GTAce
20th February 2008, 11:01 PM
I will quote myself from another forum:
WOOOOHOOO the trailer alone is a trip!
Cant wait i PRAY that i can purchase it when it comes out.
Looks ****ing sick especially for a download game.

Sorry that im so hyped but when i see this... woah! lol

Just wanted to post it here. lol

Linchpin
20th February 2008, 11:10 PM
That's just bananas! :mr-t

Axel
20th February 2008, 11:23 PM
Is there only 8 tracks? I had a hunch that there will be more. I guess it's safe to say that we will be spending more for new tracks? :(

Frances_Penfold
21st February 2008, 12:04 AM
WOW that's beautiful. This will be getting me to buy a PS3 :)

Axel, I'm gonna guess that the initial pricetag on the game with be relatively low, but that DLC (more tracks) will be relatively spendy. Just a guess though.

I hope that SL takes as long as necessary to get this game running with as few bugs as possible both online and offline.

cybrpnk
21st February 2008, 04:02 AM
all i can say is...

sexy!!!

this was the reason why i choose sony above all others and still is...absolutely beautiful and super stylish...the whole design of the game down to the littlest of details seem to have all been covered...love how the neons creates spread patterns on the tracks...friggin trippy...

now where did i put my mushrooms...

Sausehuhn
21st February 2008, 04:55 AM
This is perhaps the first time my eyes have had multiple orgasms.

I second that.

Assimilator
21st February 2008, 06:45 AM
ffs put the demo up on psn store already

rushin
21st February 2008, 09:20 AM
ffs put the game up on psn store already
corrected your typo ;) but yeah, gimme gimme, looks brilliant

HISHO[JP]
21st February 2008, 09:23 AM
Amazing video!!

But...
It won't be released in Japan too... :brickwall
(Because Pulse is not in JP.)

What a waste! (mottainai!)

infoxicated
21st February 2008, 10:07 AM
Why say stuff like that when you have nothing official to base it on?

Chickenman
21st February 2008, 10:33 AM
I have just watched this trailer a bunch of times over and over, and I am even more excited than what I was.

It looks like the delays have been well used!

This game will eat a lot of my game time this year!

Ota
21st February 2008, 02:45 PM
Can't wait to meet you all on the tracks. Just waiting for you, Liverpool. :)

@Hisho: You wouldn't believe how long it takes for japanese games to hit Europe. This time it's only the other way round. It'll come to you. Just be patient. ;)

Sausehuhn
21st February 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm just asking: is there andy HD-version of the trailer? :)

DjManiac21
21st February 2008, 03:17 PM
That video sure is great!

I only hope the gameplay is as good as the presentation.

Here's hoping we get a demo soon :)

yayamaya
21st February 2008, 03:35 PM
omg... please hurry up! :hyper

Linchpin
21st February 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm just asking: is there andy HD-version of the trailer? :)

HD version of the trailer available here >>
http://download.gamevideos.com/17645/gv.com.WipeOutHDGDC2008TrailerHD_1280x720.wmv
(http://download.gamevideos.com/17645/gv.com.WipeOutHDGDC2008TrailerHD_1280x720.wmv)

:hyper

BARTgai
22nd February 2008, 03:59 AM
I almost passed out. The tracks, the effects, the sounds, and the crafts are amazing. I fell in love with that FEISAR. I swear, I'm buying a PS3 as soon as I can.

:+ :+

NeXaR_QroN
22nd February 2008, 04:50 AM
The video is amazing, that's for sure.

But sadly, I think I'll wait till the game+DLCs pricings are revealed before even considering getting a PS3. And all the other problems DLC-related that seem to have appeared in Pulse are not helping, either.

But still, I'm a hell of a lot tempted... better not watch the HD version of the trailer xD

Chill
22nd February 2008, 06:08 AM
An extraordinarely awesome trailer for a visually beautiful game... :p

element42
22nd February 2008, 07:07 AM
I really am highly excited. I can't believe I only just found out about this.

Egg
22nd February 2008, 11:59 AM
The game looks even better than that video now ... it took some time to grab and edit all that footage, and loads of new things have been added since.

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, it's quite telling how there are no real lingering close-up's of the ships in that footage, and it must be a good month or more since that video was put together.

The moron on the Eurogamer comments who said it was pre-rendered is going to need unobtainium reinforced sock tethers when the final version is unleashed, because it looks frickin' ridiculously good right now and there's still a while to go yet. :D

Lance
22nd February 2008, 01:49 PM
going to need unobtainium reinforced sock tethers

lol.
I think we have a new quote for the rotating list. :D

Egg
22nd February 2008, 03:47 PM
The moron on the Eurogamer comments who said it was pre-rendered ...

...was being ironic, I think.

If not, I pity the fool.

Rapier Racer
22nd February 2008, 04:29 PM
and there's still a while to go yet. :D

oh noooooooooooes lol

Waiting kills

Hellfire_WZ
22nd February 2008, 05:55 PM
Especially when you see a video that makes your eyes water, then they go and tell you it's already looking even better!

GTAce
22nd February 2008, 10:11 PM
IGN preview with some cool stuff inside (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/854/854313p1.html)
Didnt saw that postet and didnt want to create a new thread just for that.

Sausehuhn
22nd February 2008, 11:58 PM
These screens :eek

supersocks
23rd February 2008, 12:46 AM
Man, that video must've been from pretty old material since these screens are just leaps ahead... Lovely ion trails (though engine flares are missing?) and a healthy overdose of High Definition Goteki45 goodness and Ubermall is looking übernice. :)

BARTgai
23rd February 2008, 02:22 AM
Oh my god, I want that FEISAR so badly. It looks so sweet :g those screens are amazing!!

Animagic
23rd February 2008, 07:09 AM
wow. just wow.

great job guys, it looks phenomenal...

you convinced me to buy a PS3!!!

:)

Egg
23rd February 2008, 08:58 AM
though engine flares are missing?

Correct. The nasty engine flare sprite won't be bothering you again.

Sausehuhn
23rd February 2008, 09:05 AM
That was a joke, eh? No flare? :|

supersocks
23rd February 2008, 09:38 AM
How come there can be ion trail without engine flare?!?! They belong together like hammer and nail, 7up and crackers, RR and Assegai, shirt and bottom.

Plus timeline-wise it doesn't make sense.

Sausehuhn
23rd February 2008, 10:11 AM
Ahahah those comparisons made me laugh :D
But you're right mate. Especially the last point is the argument.

But I guess/hope Egg was just kidding anyway ;)

Egg
23rd February 2008, 11:03 AM
When you see what the guys have done with the ship effects this time round, the last thing you'll be worrying about is the overdue retirement of that bloody flare sprite.

As you can probably tell, I'm not a fan of those big fuzzy sprites.

supersocks
23rd February 2008, 11:07 AM
Egg, you have something personal agains engine flares since you're trying to manipulate the general opinion against them? :twisted

EDIT: I KNEW IT!

cybrpnk
23rd February 2008, 11:11 AM
the anticipation is killing me...all i can ask is...when???

with this being so good already...is are Studio Liverpool still working on a proper PS3 sequel??? If so, imagine how much more mind-melting it's gonna get...

borell
23rd February 2008, 11:40 AM
Egg's words about the flare could be interpreted as follows:

There is no longer an "engine flare sprite", but this does not exclude that there is still an "engine flare". I think that is it. The engine flare is no longer a sprite. :lol

I guess that the engine flare will be in 3d, or generated as some kind of particle system. It probably looks gorgeous.

GTAce
23rd February 2008, 03:07 PM
wipEout HD Fact Sheet

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Studio Liverpool)
Platform: PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) computer entertainment system
Genre: Action-Oriented Racing
Players: Single-player, 2 to 8 players via wireless multiplayer connectivity
Launch Date: TBA
Rating: “RP” for Rating Pending

Overview

Get ready to race at blazing speeds and experience adrenaline-filled, anti-gravity racing action in full-1080p High Definition (HD) running at a breathtaking 60-frames-per-second on PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3). Coming to the PLAYSTATION Store soon, wipEout HD is set to redefine anti-gravity combat racing.

Featuring a selection of the best tracks taken from previous versions of the wipEout franchise, wipEout HD offers meticulously crafted and fully reworked tracks that showcase the processing power of PS3. And for the first time, players will have the option to navigate their ships utilizing the SIXAXIS wireless controller’s motion sensing technology.

Additionally, players will be able to take on the best competition from around the world in online multiplayer modes as up to eight players will be able to compete against each other in a range of online races. And to keep the adrenaline flowing, wipEout HD will include nine tracks from wipEout Pulse soundtrack, all remixed in 5.1 Dolby surround including artists like Kraftwerk, Booka Shade and Noisia.

Available exclusively by download on the PLAYSTATION Store, wipEout HD will set a new standard for the future of the iconic anti-gravity racing series.

Key Features

# PS3 – Get ready to experience wipEout in full-HD 1080p resolution at 60-frames-per-second. Greater processing power of PS3 enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in wipEout HD, heightening the speed within the stunningly beautiful environments.

# SIXAXIS wireless controller – wipEout HD provides full support of the SIXAXIS wireless controller to give the player a variety of choices and depth of control unseen in any previous iteration of wipEout.

# Tracks – A selection of the best tracks taken from previous wipEout titles, meticulously crafted and fully reworked from the ground-up to showcase the full-HD resolution.

* Vineta K – On the southern shores of Makana Island, the circuit at Vineta K snakes in and out of the ocean and across the beaches. The highlights of this 4.4km track include spectacular underwater tunnels and cutting-edge architecture along the waterfront.

* Chenghou Project – The feature-packed circuit at Chenghou Project weaves its way around the offices and corporate buildings of Makana Island's business district. The 4.8 km track contains a tricky inverse-cambered spiral and culminates in a long jump into the tunnelled entry of the final chicane.

* Sebenco Climb – The 4.8 km Sebenco Climb track is cut into the hillsides of Makana's Sebenco mountain range. It features a steep traverse up the snowy mountainside, followed by a breathtaking plunge into an icy tunnel carved through the very heart of the mountain. The final section takes pilots through a challengingly tight chicane before they swing back onto the grid.

* Sol 2 – The 4.4 km Sol 2 circuit hangs suspended in the clouds high above Makana Island. Consisting of a series of fast-flowing, occasionally open-sided corners linked by sweeping straights, the combination of harsh sunlight and blind summits ensure that Sol 2 is a test of nerve for every speed class.

* Ubermall – In the heart of Makana Island's commercial zone is Ubermall, a 4.6 km circuit built into a vast shopping centre. The latter half of the track contains a brief split which rejoins into a narrow hill, followed by an outdoor park section that leads swiftly to the finish.

* Anulpha Pass – The 5 km Anulpha Pass track is located in a custom-built entertainment arena on the east side of Makana Island. Although the track looks deceptively simple from above, the undulations of the track surface and narrow skill-cut are enough to keep any racer on their toes.

* Moa Therma – The immense man-made complex of Moa Therma is located just off the northern coast of Sicily, with around a third of the track surface built using mag-strip technology. The centrepiece of this 5.3 km circuit is the gigantic horizontal loop which sits just above sea level.

* Metropia – The 4.7 km Metropia circuit weaves its way between the skyscrapers and traffic control towers that dominate the Kyoto skyline. Glass-bottomed track surfaces and a stunning vertical mag-strip drop into the depths of the city are just two of the highlights of this popular track.

# Teams – wipEout HD features eight teams from wipEout Pulse, including: Feisar, Assegai, AG-Systems, Qirex, Piranha, Triakis, Goteki45 and EG-X.

# Pilot Assist – Get help navigating your way around the HD circuits with the new Pilot assist feature.

# Five Race Modes – wipEout HD features five race modes, including: Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode.

# Difficulty Levels – wipEout HD offers three difficulty levels; adjustable independent of speed class.

# Online Multiplayer – Up to eight players will be able to compete against each other in a range of online races, across several game modes.

# Additional Content via Download – Extra game content will be made available to download and plug directly into the main game, including extra teams and ships, extra tracks and additional events for the race campaign mode.

# Photo mode – During any race, pause the game and select the Photo Mode option. You can choose which ship will be the focus of the camera, and adjust the camera angle, zoom level, and so on. Images are saved to your HDD.

# A Full Arsenal of Weapons – Choose from a wide range of weapons including missiles, rockets, mines and the brand new leech beam.

# Score Posting – Post your best lap times and race records in game (for both offline and online modes) and compare them against other wipEout players across the globe.

# Pumping soundtrack – Feel the beat with 9 fully licensed music tracks, all remixed in Dolby 5.1 surround sound for an even more intense game experience.

# Custom Play lists – As if that wasn't enough, wipEout HD also supports 'Custom Play lists': playback your own music using play lists created in the PS3 XMB (Xross Media Bar).http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/36972/wipEout-HD-Trailer-Screenshots-Track-List/p1/c2

jospicy
24th February 2008, 06:46 AM
some nice WO HD stuff from GDC went up yesterday at Gametrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31036.html) (warning this link is to the HD version SD can be found here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31035.html?type=) ) including some in-game stuff

enjoy

Rapier Racer
24th February 2008, 08:49 AM
More importantly about the controller, will HD support the Dualshock 3 in terms of rumble? Older games are being patched to allow this functionality I'm wondering if it will be coded straight into HD since that pad should available before the game.

Sausehuhn
24th February 2008, 01:50 PM
Yes it does.

There was a list some time ago listing all the games that support the DS3 and if I'm not totally wrong WO:HD was one of the games.

Rapier Racer
24th February 2008, 07:36 PM
Excellent, RR likes his rumble he does. :P

Sausehuhn
24th February 2008, 07:59 PM
Here's the list btw (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821358p1.html) :)

Colin Berry
24th February 2008, 11:24 PM
I think the video came from the pre xmas build

its nice

but its not reflective of final quality, it looks much better now

the ships do have engine trails, just not the sprite based thing Egg dislikes :D

as for a demo and release

when its ready to be released it will be

at the moment

it isnt

and yes it has rumble

and yes it will be released in Japan as well as America and Europe

and no, I've no idea of when and price

:D

cybrpnk
25th February 2008, 01:59 AM
*puts on patience hat and sits in the corner*

ok...

this is gonna be gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooood

EddieE
25th February 2008, 11:15 AM
Dont know if anyone else has remarked on it but did you see the release date that thay put on it...2008/12/31 this is directly under the preview trailer
is this for real???

Medusa
25th February 2008, 03:15 PM
December!! That long, huh? Maybe I do have time to save for it...

I think that is Colin's most informative post to date, maybe? Great info!!

Those tracks...hmmm...I really suck at most of them!

JABBERJAW
25th February 2008, 03:48 PM
I'm hoping that is Metropia white :)

Sausehuhn
25th February 2008, 03:57 PM
No it's the black run.

Rapier Racer
25th February 2008, 06:31 PM
Sweet thats one black run I actually prefer over the white.

RJ O'Connell
25th February 2008, 09:51 PM
Very nice.

This is easily the prettiest Wipeout game to date. I can't imagine what the final build will be like O_O

Colin Berry
27th February 2008, 12:01 PM
Dont know if anyone else has remarked on it but did you see the release date that thay put on it...2008/12/31 this is directly under the preview trailer
is this for real???

No thats wrong

It will be out waay before then

but I cant say when

ColdRem'S
27th February 2008, 12:50 PM
Raaaaah Colin you're killing us!!!
Give us a clue!
One months, two months, this summer????
:hyper:hyper:hyper

Frances_Penfold
28th February 2008, 01:41 PM
No thats wrong

It will be out waay before then

but I cant say when

Damn Sony Liverpool and their stealth releases! :p

Well, just remember that I'm buying a PS3 for this game-- so if you want me to contribute to Sony's (hardware) bottom line early in the year, you gotta give me some warning about when the game comes out ;)

Chill
28th February 2008, 04:30 PM
Well... I will admit that every PlayStation System I have I got for Wipeout... all except my PS2, which I got for Kingdom Hearts, Drakengard... etc... because Fusion wasn't much of an exception... sorry.

Thank god Wipeout HD isn't coming out around 2009... that woulda killed us all... :p

taqili
28th February 2008, 04:55 PM
I hope it comes out after Sony drops the price of the PS3 so I can have another excuse to pick one up.

Also, if that is the case I hope the price drop comes soon =)

Rapier Racer
28th February 2008, 05:19 PM
They didn't long since drop the price, don't hold your breath on that one.

Lance
28th February 2008, 07:15 PM
And even after that drop, I could still buy a new computer way fasterbigger than the ones I have for the same money.

Rapier Racer
28th February 2008, 08:05 PM
Would it be as powerful as a PS3 though?

Lance
28th February 2008, 10:45 PM
However powerful a PS3 may or may not be, my primary activity is research on the internet. The twiddling and manoevering of the PS3 and its everchanging operating system is completely unsuited to my purpose.

infoxicated
29th February 2008, 09:23 AM
To be fair, the PS3 OS has only gotten better over time, and they've streamlined the memory footprint rather than adding unnecessary bloat, so to call it "everchanging" as if that's a bad thing is to do it a disservice. For your needs it would be impractical, though Lance, as the browser is primitive by Firefox/Opera standards.

That said, as a versatile multimedia hub the PS3 rocks big style - I don't think I've ever been as impressed with a gadget out of the box as I was with my PS3. :)

RJ O'Connell
29th February 2008, 03:10 PM
I really only bought an Xbox 360 for Forza Motorsport 2 - and now that it's damaged goods I'm willing to trade the whole thing in for cash towards a PS3.

My guess is a midsummer night's release date.

ima_gin_e
2nd March 2008, 12:11 AM
I agree. Even if it is ready now, releasing it will potentially reduce Pulse sales, especially because of the online play. Even though there are way more psp owners than those who own ps3's, I'm sure there is a segment of the casual gamer population that have ps3 and psp, and will probably only download HD, if it was released now. But I can't complain, pulse is ragin'.

Lion
6th March 2008, 10:52 AM
This trailer has now appeared on the PSN store as a free item for you to download to your PS3 to watch in HD glory
goddamn this looks good :D
I hadn't noticed till now... but I think the only Assegai ships I have seen in WipEout HD videos so far have been the Concept version.. is the normal one still present?

Rapier Racer
6th March 2008, 02:19 PM
It sodding well better be, the concept it alright but not anywhere near good enough to replace the proper ship.

Lion
7th March 2008, 06:46 AM
further to this... I just watched the much older trailer I had from about october last year, and noticed that the Qirex design in that footage was remarkably similar to the concept assegai.

Was the assegai concept originally developed as a possible qirex (non concept) design?

the_Admiral
11th March 2008, 10:51 PM
According to the PSN on my PS3, Wipeout HD has a release date of April - June 2008 :D. I'd better start saving for that 1080 HD TV I keep planning on getting...

Rapier Racer
12th March 2008, 05:46 PM
Probably more June I'd put money on that, that would be nice my birthday is in June lol

On saying that however I wish it was coming out sooner, as soon as I know the date I'll book some time off :g Then it will get delayed a week..

blixabargeld
26th March 2008, 08:36 PM
wwwooooow!!!!!!!!!!
nothing impressed me like this before! i'll definetely buy a ps3 just to fly on sol 2!!