PDA

View Full Version : Skin question

Hunter Gamma
18th December 2007, 01:04 PM
So the question is about those unlockable concept skins that you get for each team when hitting 25000 loyalty points. My first one was for Qirex and now using Goteki, Triakis and EG-X to get their concept skins/models.

So, what you think about them?
Yes, they are "concepts" but i think some of them are very good (especially Goteki and Triakis :+) and would have worked as stantard model for corresponding team. What are your opinions?

Also, a small thing that i noticed about Qirex: Qirex actually have Puma2 craft model from pure. Not that it is bad; Puma2 model is like made for Qirex.

supersocks
18th December 2007, 01:24 PM
Can't comment about the concept crafts yet, but the similarity of Qirex and Puma2 is because they both use model inspired by the original Qirex's Quantax Design Model as seen in F5000 (WipEout 2097/XL/64) and F7200 (wipEout 3) leagues.

More about Quantax in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_teams#Quantax_.28a.k.a._Puma.29

Hunter Gamma
18th December 2007, 01:37 PM
...but the similarity of Qirex and Puma2 is because they both use model inspired by the original Qirex's Quantax Design Model as seen in F5000 (WipEout 2097/XL/64) and F7200 (wipEout 3) leagues.

Ahh... so thats where it comes from. My Wipeout gaming experience starts from pure, though i been searching about wipeouts history and background for some time now. Especially after getting pulse. Considering what i have heard and read about other wipeouts Pulse seems to be the best Wipeout to date. Well, at least for me.

Keep those comments coming when you have change.

Eichhorn
18th December 2007, 01:41 PM
I wonder why there is no option to do custom skins for the concept crafts?

Hunter Gamma
18th December 2007, 01:47 PM
Good point! Maybe it would be possible addon later when all the players (majority) have gotten those concept craft unlocked. I don't want to be spoiler about those concepts.
I'm just wondering what skins/models you get later on. I have heard you get something nice at 60000 and 100000. Well, i'll propably just have to go and see.

Chrono
18th December 2007, 01:50 PM
The EG-X concept is nothing special. The Assigai however, is quite awesome

Hunter Gamma
18th December 2007, 01:57 PM
The EG-X concept is nothing special.

Ummm... I must say that EG-X concept is very good in my opinion. Sure it does not have that "wipeout" feeling it, but hey, they are concepts. they are supposed to be something radical and different. And that's why i like them so much. ;)

Heheh. I'm longing to see concepts for Auricom, Harimau, Icaras and my personal favourite Mirage. They should be awesome.

Eichhorn
18th December 2007, 01:59 PM
Good point! Maybe it would be possible addon later when all the players (majority) have gotten those concept craft unlocked. I don't want to be spoiler about those concepts.
I'm just wondering what skins/models you get later on. I have heard you get something nice at 60000 and 100000. Well, i'll propably just have to go and see.

IsnĀ“t the editor already spoiling the looks of Icaras&Co?

KANDANG
18th December 2007, 02:23 PM
*SPOILER* ALERT (About 100k loyalty point unlock)

At 100,000 loyalty points, you unlock the rest of the other ships concept skins. So you don't really have to balance out playing all the different ships. Just stick to one ship, as you progress on... you will slowly unlock Alternative, Ext, Zone skins of the rest of the ships. Sad to say, there isn't any other special skin after unlocking Concept :(

Dogg Thang
18th December 2007, 02:28 PM
Gah! For some reason I was hoping their Pure versions might be in there. I think because I grew to love the Pure Goteki. Ah well.

infoxicated
18th December 2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe Egg can knock some up for us. :)

Hunter Gamma
18th December 2007, 02:32 PM
*SPOILER* ALERT (About 100k loyalty point unlock)

Well, thats nice to hear! Now i can direct my skills on one team. And thats Qirex for the moment. I don't care if there is not other skins after concept, we still have lots of variety over Pure in skins and models.

Rapier Racer
18th December 2007, 03:24 PM
Ah yes the concept ship. I first saw this in Liverpool when they stuck HD on Assegai model was still the concept one at the time. Was wondering why they had massacred my ship. Thank goodness it's only a concept eh cos it looks atrocious. :-

Egg
18th December 2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe Egg can knock some up for us. :)

Prrrrt.!

Those concept ships took some doing! What you guys don't know, is that Pulse was originally going to be a much shorter project. My idea was to smooth out / tidy up the Pure ship designs (notice they're much more shiny, heh). That done, I was sat in my garden one Saturday and had one of those revelations - a whole field of unique ships just came into my head.

Needless to say I regretted promising Tony, Colin and co the new ships - once I had to build and texture twelve of 'em :)

Sausehuhn
18th December 2007, 05:22 PM
The concept ships are nice, indeed. Especially because they have that 2097/WO3 feeling to it. It really makes the ships look like they're out of the "good ol' days" and it finally solves the "i like new-stlye crafts/I like old school crafts"-discussion ;)
Would have been nice to design our own skins for them - I unlocked my EG.X concept and I like it very much (the model), but I would really love to use it with anoter skin that is more "traditional".

I wonder, Egg, if it is possible, just technically, to patch these things later with a downloadable pack.
If you guys at SL release a "additional features pack only" I were very pleased (with a few bugfixes, the ability to save more than just five skins and a few other little things people came up with) :)

Egg
18th December 2007, 06:25 PM
You'll have to wait and see if the Concept ships become customisable. That's not a promise, by the way.

Sausehuhn
18th December 2007, 07:20 PM
Nice that is :)

Then please change that the last skin/model used is directly selected so you don't have to use the left or right buttons to chose you favorite, last used skin every time all new ;)

supersocks
18th December 2007, 11:31 PM
Considering what i have heard and read about other wipeouts Pulse seems to be the best Wipeout to date.

Reviewers just love the line "best yet". And then there's those people who think game is automatically 50 times better when you can race upside down and have every imaginable option available...

On the other hand.. for example Puha from Pelaajalehti. I know he's sort of a devoted wipEout 3 fan and liked Pure very much when it came out but still gave Pulse 6 out of 10 which makes it look pretty average for bypassers.

Oh well... this isn't '95, '96 or '99.

And I saw a screenshot of EG-X concept craft... it was interesting. I've yet to see it actually take off. :rolleyes:

Lion
19th December 2007, 04:35 AM
I opened the Qirex concept last night, I don't like it's undercarriage personally...
the FEISAR concept though is gorgeous

Hunter Gamma
19th December 2007, 07:43 AM
On the other hand.. for example Puha from Pelaajalehti. I know he's sort of a devoted wipEout 3 fan and liked Pure very much when it came out but still gave Pulse 6 out of 10 which makes it look pretty average for bypassers.

Hrmmpp! What was that guy thinkin'??
Purists! Always complaining how things change and old is best.

By the way. Merry christmas and happy new year to everybody! I'm leaving to spend holiday somewhere where almighty WEB can't reach me. See ya all some time next year. (Hopefully those extra packs have gone out by then.)

infoxicated
19th December 2007, 08:13 AM
Prrrrt.!

Those concept ships took some doing!
What I meant was some Pure style ship skins for the default ships in Pulse. :)

swift killer
19th December 2007, 01:00 PM
What is the possibility of getting designers to produce concept skins as in Pure?

Colin Berry
19th December 2007, 01:09 PM
Less than zero to be honest.

That was a direction taken for Pure and it worked in some ways and didnt in others, its a direction we do not plan on repeating for Pulse though.

BARTgai
21st December 2007, 04:03 PM
I opened the Qirex concept last night, I don't like it's undercarriage personally...
the FEISAR concept though is gorgeous

WAHH, stop teasing me lol. i wanna see my Feisar concept so badly now :p

swift killer
21st December 2007, 05:09 PM
That done, I was sat in my garden one Saturday and had one of those revelations - a whole field of unique ships just came into my head.

More like;
*WHIP CRACK* "12 new ships, now!" :D

I spoke to Mark James(guy behind Cardboy) yesterday (my graphics tutor knows him somehow), and he's got a copy of Pulse!

ZenDJiNN
21st December 2007, 05:37 PM
I've just unlocked the Feisar Concept ship and it's really good!! Now i'm deciding upon which to go for next. The only reason i unlocked the Feisar ship is because i spent the most time with it when i first started the game, but it's definitely not the best ship for me..... Maybe the Assegai or the Goteki? Hmmmm, choices choices! :g

Dragoon111
18th February 2008, 08:09 PM
PLZ tell if there is another thread for this question but can you tell me how many skins there are for each ship(and the names of them)and how many loyalty points is needed to obtain each one of them?I have already the classic,the alternative and the eleminetion.

Asayyeah
18th February 2008, 09:18 PM
i merged your thread here, look at Kandang's post you ll have your answer