PDA

View Full Version : error with ship going slowly.

davidoneill
17th February 2008, 12:24 PM
Ive had a problem where I landed and my ship despite pressing the x button wont go faster than 23 miles/h and its not till Ive passed this section that it speeds up, is that because the section of the track is uphill and its meant to be like that or is my x button failing me(which I fear)?

P52Smith
17th February 2008, 12:28 PM
Which track/run?
Which ship?
Which speed class?
Which game mode?

Asayyeah
17th February 2008, 03:44 PM
23 mph : that is, imho, a faulty X button you got ( even in venom you can t go that slow), if your psp' guarantee has expired, you should open it and clean it : google youtube if you want a video tutorial.

Btw welcome to the site davidoneill :)

omega329
17th February 2008, 06:24 PM
reminds me of a really weird pure bug I had, started a race, vineta k, vector, and all the ships were going really slow, about 100mph I think, anyway, I managed to get to just before you come out of the second tunnel, and lost all my ship power, the lot, minimal steering, no engines, so my ship starts to turn round, then when I face the wall, the ship shoots off, going through the wall and off into the distance, the psp freezes, top half of the screen black, bottom half white, my ship a tiny glowing blue dot on the horizon, then I looked at the speedo: 2451kph in vector, wow...

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 09:42 AM
I have done some experimenting and if you hold down accelarate and have both airbrakes active, then you go at about 23 KM/H (not mph)

In other words, it is not necessarily the X button at fault here.

Lance
19th February 2008, 12:21 PM
Is it likely that the pilot would be holding the brakes whilst pressing the accelerator, yet not notice he's doing this?

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 12:31 PM
It depends what button configuration he's using or there's a fault with the airbrake button(s)!

Lance
19th February 2008, 12:35 PM
Have any of you ever seen a fault with the airbrake buttons?

Animagic
19th February 2008, 12:49 PM
are psp's known for failing x buttons?

P52Smith
19th February 2008, 01:17 PM
Animagic: I don't have a clue

Lance: As I said, it depends what the configuration is, if he is using a custom configuration he could be using a single airbrake style with accelarate as X still. If as Animagic said there is a risk of failure with certain buttons, this could have occured

Medusa
19th February 2008, 03:58 PM
If this keeps happening to you, follow asa's advice and clean the thing. I've had more than enough problems with sticky buttons. Try cleaning it.

P52Smith
20th April 2008, 02:20 PM
It is always worth a try

Better now???