PDA

View Full Version : wipeout 2097 on xp

lukaass69
6th July 2002, 05:20 AM
hey pplz ,.
does any one know if i can get wipeout 2097 running on windows xp, any help will be cool ciao

thanx

r007
17th July 2002, 11:48 AM
Hi!

Actually, I got WOXL running on Windows XP, without any real problems...
Except game speed, of course. :wink:

But with some careful adjustments on process priorities and using a tool called SlowDown, or CPUStress from the MS WinXP Platform SDK (free, but only 400M complete Download :-? ), I was able to play on acceptable speed. (Got a 1.2GHz AMD, BTW)

Hope that helps. If not, post a reply.

PS: I usually play WOXL on my Laptop (750MHz P3 Mobile with WinME). WOXL runs like a charm on it. No need to adjust speed. Kewl.

Good luck, r007

A.G.Syst3m
20th September 2002, 05:28 AM
try find a copy of moslo that should fix it under XP

monkey
22nd September 2002, 09:27 PM
so i need some help:
i got a pc-version of wipeout 2097 ( i usually played it on psx). the problem is: whem i try to install that disc it says it needs win 95 !! :(
is there any help possible ?? i'd love to play wipeout on pc cos my psx is already garbage and don' work any more !!

thxx in advance

cya
monkey

hi-nrg
15th December 2002, 12:49 PM
Same problem here ...and my Win95 disc's back looks like a desert storm has gone over it :( no function!
But i will try it under XP. The only thing that makes me wonder is that the demo (that 6 MB-thing) runs fine but it doesn't help to change files so i can only race Gare d'Europe :(

the surgeon
13th September 2003, 04:55 PM
quite simple :D just place the cd in computer,then go to compatability wizard,select look in cd-rom and it will load and install no problems :D hope that helps

Dimension
30th October 2003, 01:09 AM
ok, i have this problem and i can't figure this out so i'll ask real straight like; is there a way to make wipeout 2097 install on windows xp?

eno
1st January 2004, 01:17 AM
Where the heck is the darn compatiblity wizard at???? Step by Steps please. I just got my disc 5mins ago from FedEx and no go. Same Win95 issue being needed.

FoxZero
1st January 2004, 05:53 PM
in xp, right click the exe on the cd you want to run and go to the compatability tab and select windows 95 under 'run this program in compatability mode for'