PDA

View Full Version : photo finish?

micky1984
16th February 2008, 03:27 PM
hey finally signed up to this forum so hello all. was just racein against Dragon717 and had a couple of really close races, anyway we were pretty much neck and nek on the finishing line. when the times came up for the race i was about 5 milliseconds behind him but i still nabbed the win. This happend twice doh! is that lag or a bug. either way im sorry to dragon for stealin two of his wins ;) Any1 else had this happen?

mdhay
16th February 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi Micky,

This happened to me and GOD_of_LORD. We were both in Feisars on Talons Junction White, The only only difference was that he was Two seconds behind him. My best guess would be server - wise.

Ash-Omen
16th February 2008, 08:39 PM
me and asa had a race with just 1milisec betwene us :g

Asayyeah
17th February 2008, 01:20 AM
Into of one of those crazy tours we did tonight we shared 5 pts on de konstruct MadIce and me with crossing the finish line exactly at same moment : 1st time that did it to me

Mad-Ice
17th February 2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah, that was very funny! The strange thing is; I think it is easier to come up with the exact same lap in Pulse then in Pure (talking about TT here) but if we play online, in Pure we did have a lot of the same photo finishes! In Pulse this is rare, 1 time only.

The tracks in Pulse are far more smooth and flat. Tracks in Pure are wibbly-wobbly, concave and convex. It is just far more difficult to do the same lap twice in Pure.

micky1984
17th February 2008, 01:27 PM
Its so cool when you find a player whos rougthly the same skill as you. races when its that close u cant tell whos won. just itchin to get to the result screen to find uv lost by the smallest fraction of time. cant help but love it

P52Smith
20th February 2008, 10:57 AM
I have yet to find a worthy phantom opponent from anyone outside of this forum, they keep dying.
I have not yet raced anybody from this forum yet on phantom, probably not at all in the past month, and I appreciate a challenge from someone! Because of this, I've yet to see a photo finish situation

I stand corrected, I've just lost three times to Roupoufrefra, good player

Tomahawk
20th February 2008, 11:43 AM
Why don't you post your challenges in the Arena forums where they belong instead of posting them here and telling us it's off-topic, P52Smith?

I've never had any photo finishes in phantom class myself, I'm always last, lol ;) Ive had a few good races in the slower speed classes, though. I remember one race which I won with a 0.02 sec lead in the end because I used a turbo on the finishing strait and managed to overtake my opponent at the very last moment. :D

Intera
20th February 2008, 01:49 PM
I thought it could be to do with how far back (or forward) you start on the grid.

I thought maybe the times took into account the fact that some ppl actually start further back and so really are at a slight disadvantage.

I don't think that's true though lol, just overthinking it way too much.

P52Smith
26th April 2008, 03:40 PM
Maybe but the thought is valid.

Or it might be to do with when the server recieves the result from the PSP due to dodgy connection. This could therefore be lag related.