PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Life concept

Rayvyn
16th February 2008, 12:26 PM
I am designing a forum based on the world of wipeout, morely on pulse. My basic idea is to create a roleplaying environment where players can interact with each other, join teams, form alliances and what not. The biggest feature is races will be held on the psp with pulses new online capability. Races will be created by "Judges", who will be staff members, who will join in the races with a judge skin. Judges will race alongside players to ensure the legality of the race. let me know what you all think.

There are some other things such as players will gain ranking points on the forum based on their official races, now players can challenge each other individually, dualing if you must, but they gain no rank points but they may be able to gain what I call rep points, or reputation points, in this type, players will not have a judge involved and will race by starting up a game.

Reputation Points:
Rep points are good for a few reasons, they establish ranks in teams, how often the player races and the quality of their race and they even show how well a team is doing. Players and Teams both can obtain Rep points, team rep points show how well a team is doing for that season or how bad their doing.

Judges:
Judges are useful in that during seasonal tournys, team eliminators and whatnot, they basically judge the pilots, and watch their credability in a race. Judges should be ignored stat-wise if one is in the race, if a Judge receives first place, those rep points and ranking points go to the second place winner, etc. Judges will all have the same skin for a certain vehicle, i've been experimenting with Feisar, so we'll figure this out.

Just a bit of info I couldn't type up on my psp while at work, if you guys have suggestions or comments, let me know.

Rayvyn
16th February 2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

tapioca
16th February 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't quite get it… Wipeout RPG ?

Rayvyn
16th February 2008, 09:33 PM
Well, it's a roleplaying forum, players create an alternate ego on the forum, roleplay text-wise on there, but when it comes time for races, hop on the PSP and duel it out, Judges will post results of the race in that current races thread. I hope that helps clear the idea up...

TearsToShreds
16th February 2008, 10:02 PM
Seems like a good idea to me, but unless we have a large amount of people willing to participate and happen to be online at the same time, this will never get off the ground. It would certainly stimulate team behaviour, and there'd also be an opportunity to have special tournaments where for example you can't use barrel rolls.

BARTgai
16th February 2008, 10:03 PM
sounds kinda cool :)

Lance
16th February 2008, 10:24 PM
Sounds overorganised.

Who picks the judges?

Rayvyn
16th February 2008, 10:50 PM
Judges will be staff members, I'm not quite sure how that'll fold down, but I have an idea, certain staff members who maybe volunteer, heck I dunno. You're probably asking "What if there is going to be a race? What if there are no staff members on who can be judge?" Well, Judges will conduct racing events, they'll set the time and date, it's up to the team to figure out who is going to race, if anyone.

Lance
17th February 2008, 01:27 AM
As it is now, everybody who wants to race online just races, and rankings are determined by the official site online. I'm just wondering if this idea isn't a duplication of effort.

Rayvyn
17th February 2008, 03:21 AM
This has nothing to do with the rankings online that're done now, this is a roleplaying forum...o_o

Similar to TougeLife that was designed for the Forza Series.

P52Smith
17th February 2008, 12:12 PM
What's the address?

Rayvyn
19th February 2008, 05:23 AM
Just wondering, if I made up the forum, would anyone here who is familiar with what I am wanting to do willing to help me out and get some rules and stuff set up?

Jenze
19th February 2008, 06:58 AM
Will there be a live envirement for the players to play in?

Where will that take place in the wipeout world?

Makana Island for instance?

Will it be in 2d, or 3d?

Rayvyn
19th February 2008, 03:48 PM
I think you misunderstood the idea, its a forum roleplay, not a roleplaying game, folks will use text to roleplay and use the psp to race against each other.

Rayvyn
20th February 2008, 03:36 AM
Just wondering, if I made up the forum, would anyone here who is familiar with what I am wanting to do willing to help me out and get some rules and stuff set up?

Also, anyone have any decent suggestions? If you were given the opportunity to do this, how would you do it?

If anyone is lost as far as what I am wanting to do, here is what I am wanting to do in a nutshell:

I am designing a forum based on the wipeout world. People create characters and roleplay via text on the forums, when it comes time to race, such as in an official tournament, a Judge (Staff member of the forum) will create a game and the registered racers can enter the race, the judge will then post the results of the tournament/races in the thread that was created to roleplay in. Players will also be able to roleplay without a judge, however, reputation points and rank points (Which signify what kind of races the racer can participate in as well as how well they are doing).

Hope that helps.

P52Smith
20th February 2008, 08:05 AM
It does but your last sentence doesn't make sense
"however, reputation and rank points (Which ... doing)."
Surely something is missing from the end!

It's a great idea though, as long as it's free and details are kept private!

Rayvyn
20th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Reputation points tell your statistical rank, as in say you have 19 rep points, and playerB had 46, he'd obviously have a better reputation than you. Players can play around with these points, only hire on to folks with certain rep points, etc, its your choice.

Rank Points tell what kind of racer you are. Say you have (Heck I dunno) 0-300 rank points, you're only allowed to race legally in Venom races, 301-1000 is Flash; Once you reach the 2nd rank, you can race Venoms and Flashs, so on and so forth, up to Phantom, Phantom Racers can race in any race.

Rayvyn
21st February 2008, 10:20 PM
Okay, after thinking this over, I've been thinking of scrapping my idea of doing a roleplaying forum for wipeout, instead, I've been thinking; Why design a racing league? Okay, first of all, I know you all are probably going to say "HEY! man...it's been done" but before you say that, hear me out.

I was thinking of creating a forum, or heck, add an extra one here, where players with Pulse can join the league. a mod would set up a time and date for events such as a tournament and then someone would set up a game, after the race, all recorded times would be placed in the thread or whatnot, medals and trophies (on the forum) could be given to players who win during the events, I dunno...I'm trying to get the Pulse community to be more active in races, I hardly see any online. I'm still planning this, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lance
22nd February 2008, 01:36 AM
Your post makes me think you've not been reading the threads where WipeoutZone members make arrangements to meet online for racing, and have set up challenges and posted their times, with results collected at the end of the challenge. If you've not yet seen those, have a look at them to see how near or far they are from what you're trying to achieve.

---------

A new thread was not needed for this post since it is a continuation of the discussion you already started in another, particularly since you are, in essence, asking for reaction to this idea from people who were giving consideration to the previous one you started a discussion on. I've merged the threads to facilitate continuation of that discussion

P52Smith
23rd March 2008, 03:50 PM
Is it me or is this idea out the window?

Shame, with a little more thought it might have been great

blixabargeld
23rd March 2008, 09:05 PM
if i had the online connection i'd be glad of trying a thing like that..
but on forza was a bit messy