PDA

View Full Version : SL Producer Talks Pulse, WPZ Gets Plug

Chrono
12th February 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but I found this on qj.net. It feels like a commercial for the US release of Pulse, but at least we're hearing things. He talked about us as well, cool stuff.

Wipeout Pulse Producer, Paul Tweedle, Talkes Pulse (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/12/wipeout-pulse-hits-north-america-today/)

Dogg Thang
12th February 2008, 07:49 PM
With all due respect to the team, this - "With Pure we wanted the racing back at the forefront and we wanted it to be the best, purest racing yet, while striking a balance with the combat elements. We think we largely achieved our goals." - is so wrong.

Rapier Racer
12th February 2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe that is wrong, that said Pure was closer and is still a better game than Pulse can ever hope to be.

Task
12th February 2008, 10:55 PM
I dunno, kinda depends how you mean it.
I mean, if you replace "yet" with "since Wipeout Fusion" then it's a pretty true statement!

It's been a long time since W3O and WOXL, so that's the way I'd take it. Who else besides us really remembers them? The combat is far more balanced in Pure than it was in Fusion, and racing is actually important. Pure was totally the best WO since Fusion.

I know what you mean though. 8 )

This part really blew me away though: We developed a system whereby the AI would “learn” the circuits

That's really awesome!

Frances_Penfold
13th February 2008, 02:16 AM
Fun article, and very cool that they mention the WOZ :p

From the article:
We’d set the AI off and running at the end of each day, doing lap after lap after lap (literally hundreds per night); all the while they would make tiny adjustments to their racing line until they knew the circuits very well indeed. Truly it almost feels like you’re racing against human beings at times.

Studio Liverpool = source of Skynet and Terminator robots, confirmed?! :eek

Pure was totally the best WO since Fusion.

Heh, in the context of how the article was written, I think Pure was the ONLY Wipeout since Fusion :)

Chrono
13th February 2008, 02:34 PM
I think this link might be sticky worthy. It is from the producer and all.

DjManiac21
13th February 2008, 02:45 PM
Fusion is still something I have yet to experience fully, besides fooling around for a couple of laps and realizing I had Pure instead...
Good stuff :+
I see lately you are coming across a lot of WO stuff, well done! :D

Flashback Jack
13th February 2008, 04:09 PM
I dunno, kinda depends how you mean it. This part really blew me away though:We developed a system whereby the AI would “learn” the circuits

Early in my Pulse escapades, I actually saw the A.I. barrell rolling over jumps. Haven't seen it recently, but that scared the hell outta me. :)

- F

P52Smith
13th February 2008, 06:55 PM
I've only ever seen AI barrel rolls in Pure, and rarely at that!

Maybe because they're so far behind(!)

Sausehuhn
13th February 2008, 07:06 PM
I never saw them barrel-rolling. People said they can do it, but I never experienced that. Even if they do: they do it very rarely, that must be true.

P52Smith
14th February 2008, 04:04 PM
That's what I said!

Besides, isn't this thread supposed to be about the article, not the AI?