PDA

View Full Version : Things you would like to see in a patch or in future DLC (Realistic!)

Miguel.tenshi
12th February 2008, 01:42 PM
I'll start:

1. The ability to use the downloaded ships online;

2. The ability to keep as many ships skins on the memory stick as you like;

3. A few more developer-created skins;

4. Maybe a few more new tracks.

How about you guys? ( Please remember to keep them realistic, who knows, we might just be heard... :) )

Thanks for participating.

sakerbax
12th February 2008, 02:43 PM
ability to save and view replays.

it's kind of realistic. since a ghost is almost a replay most of the code is built in, it's just a matter of making the ghost solid lol. the "kind of" part it's because pulse never replays (it just keeps the ships on autopilot and most annoying after a regular match the ai stops using weapons so we can't even take screenshots of ai battles..

even so i think it should be possible to add the replay feature on a patch and i would pay for that (even if i wont for the ships and tracks at the current price)

Miguel.tenshi
12th February 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't really miss that one, but I can understand what you mean :)

It would allow for better photo opportunities, since, at least when I'm playing, I never stop to take them (Too much into the race!!).

Stopping to take pictures mid race would ruin the feeling of Wipeout for me.

So yeah, yours is a nice suggestion.

mdhay
12th February 2008, 02:53 PM
And if they miss the turbo pad on platinum rush they miss the jump. ;)

I think able to skin all three ship models would be good

Miguel.tenshi
12th February 2008, 02:56 PM
The ability to skin all ship models would be great!

Good one!!!

Keep it up people!

:)

zargz
12th February 2008, 03:02 PM
It would allow for better photo opportunities, since, at least when I'm playing, I never stop to take them (Too much into the race!!).
So yeah, yours is a nice suggestion.
nice but not realistic, unfortunately. I miss them too.. :?

the Replay in wo3 was an Awesome feature!
fusion, pure and pulse don't hav'em so I think it's just too hard to do.
save 1 ghost without any weapons use, ok but 8 ships and All the weapons firing ..
my theory anyway.
afaik we never got a straight answer to why there are no replays in the game.

Animagic
12th February 2008, 03:24 PM
if you remember, replays didn't always work in WO3, sometimes your ship would misalign and all
the turn data would still be embedded in the ship and your replay would consist of the ship doing
all it's recorded turns into walls and firing rockets into the sides of the track until it blew up.
Don't know if this was fixed for Special Edition as I never could get a copy of it.

I've got to imagine that they were running into problems like that and decided against it...
but thats totally speculative...

It could be as simple as there not being enough memory to replay them...
but then, how did the very first Playstation, an inferior hardware platform, do it?

...odd...

I would like to see... the game in my hands!
USA release date got bumped back a day...
:P

...also, more on-topic, I would pay for DLC of classic tracks redone totally with scenery,
(in other words, not TRON-style) the way they did for WO3.
I would definitely pay for track packs like those...

mdhay
12th February 2008, 03:30 PM
The ability to use a go! cam to talk in the lobby or during a race? would save time with the IRC channel/ computer.

Miguel.tenshi
12th February 2008, 03:31 PM
...also, more on-topic, I would pay for DLC of classic tracks redone totally with scenery, (in other words, not TRON-style) the way they did for WO3. I would definitely pay for track packs like those...

Awesome idea, and maybe not that difficult, except adaptation to the game's physics...

The ability to use a go! cam to talk in the lobby or during a race? would save time with the IRC channel/ computer.

I don't know if they could do this... in the lobby, maybe, but that's just of the top of my head... no knowlegde on the resources needed/available.

sakerbax
12th February 2008, 06:00 PM
ye they could but it would be really hard and time consuming (and considering the avaliable pack it would be too expensive lol)

I wasn't clear about why i wanted the replay feature. it would be to study downloaded ghosts, kinda like you do on quake, watching the pro's you can really improve your game.
plus it would provide a way to skilled movie makers to make some wipeout own-age (http://own-age.com) movies.

Chrono
12th February 2008, 06:03 PM
I believe Colin has come by and said that no more skins will be available for download. So no more cool SL skins.

TearsToShreds
12th February 2008, 07:27 PM
I recall hearing someone say that at least the concept ships will be available for skinning. Can anyone confirm this?

Chrono
12th February 2008, 07:29 PM
I remember the opposite, that concept ships will never be editable.

Here's a couple links:
Colin talking about some things (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75527#post75527)
Concept Skin talk (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75466#post75466)

Dogg Thang
12th February 2008, 07:51 PM
Egg has said they are technically editable but that doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Miguel.tenshi
12th February 2008, 07:56 PM
Well, for me, out of those wishes I wrote, the most important ones would be:

2. The ability to keep as many ships skins on the memory stick as you like;

4. Maybe a few more new tracks.

These would be the icing on an almost perfect cake :) especially the number of skins allowed on the memory stick being increased, because I like creative activities, and would make for a more fun experience.

What do you think are the odds of that happening?

Dogg Thang
12th February 2008, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure if patching the game to allow extra skin slots is technically possible. Obviously, it is set up to add more ships and tracks but there hasn't yet been sign of any game change after the fact being possible. If it was, I would have thought a patch for the Sinucit bug in EU Pure would have been made available.

I could be wrong of course but I'm not sure patching is possible.

The Gracer
12th February 2008, 08:52 PM
yeah - im going to have to agree that its unlikely we will get a true patch for these games to fix a problem in the code - you cant change the data on the disk and im not sure if the psp would support a patch that is read off the MS every time you launch the game.

Content will be released - new tracks and ships - but i dont think we will see changes to the main game we have now in the ways that people are suggesting.

zargz
12th February 2008, 09:53 PM
2. The ability to keep as many ships skins on the memory stick as you like;I've got 2 and a half skins atm :D so that's no problem for me.
you can always, when the skins is finalised, save them to your pc (the folder)
that way you can have as many as you want and 5 different at anytime. 8)

sakerbax
12th February 2008, 10:41 PM
you cant change the data on the disk and im not sure if the psp would support a patch that is read off the MS every time you launch the game.

actually the recent patch does that, i mean the disk says there are only a number of ships and tracks, after the mirage patch the data is altered and you can load a new ship. so the psp is checking "the MS" every time you launch the game and that new info has preference over the data on the disk.
(ok you can always argue the disk was made to search for tracks and ships but not for more than 5 skins, or even say that 5 skins is the limit because they are kept in the ram memory,, point is we don't know but it doesn't seem that impossible)

i agree with your ending, there won't be any fixes for the game. that's what sequels are for,,

the_Admiral
14th February 2008, 09:27 PM
In answer to my and many other people's question about the possibility for a patch; I've just been playing Killzone Liberation and noticed that, (since May), there is a patch which can be downloaded from the games internal web browser, (an 8 Mb eboot), which gets copied onto your memory stick and installed:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=256&stc=1&d=1203027396

Now this 'patch' may well just be an extension to the existing code base, where as a Wipeout Pulse bug fix may well be alot larger and more complicated. But at least a PSP 'patch' president has already been set :hyper

I imagine that a patch for encrypting that settings file which cheaters use and ensuring only clean times are uploaded onto the website could be a possibility, as the game engine wouldn't need much messing around with... Or I could just be talking a speculative load of bollocks? :dizzy

The Gracer
14th February 2008, 10:18 PM
The difference between the Killzone patch and a similar patch for Wipeout would lie in the way the game has been coded.

Killzone would have been coded from the beginning to check the MemStick for the patch file, and then load it to the cache (possibly) for later use. Unless Pulse has a similar script to do the same thing, i dont see added multiplayer support or major game addons at all.

Download packs over and above what we have been promised so far, extra content like ships and tracks, are not so farfetched.

We would be more likely to see bugs fixed and small alterations on a later SKU, such as when the game goes Platinum in PAL regions.

the_Admiral
15th February 2008, 09:02 AM
True. I guess we'll see the bugs fixed in Wipeout HD, which I presume shares some common code with Pulse.

Dogg Thang
15th February 2008, 09:10 AM
Yep, I think the Gracer's analysis of the packs is probably correct. And in that case, if we are wishing for more things, I guess I'd just like Tigron and Van-Uber back to complete the set.