PDA

View Full Version : Importing North American Wipeout Pulse

Rapier Racer
5th February 2008, 12:54 PM
So, when it comes out where would be the best place to import a copy from? Need one with the records bug fix because as it stands I cannot upload Single Race Phantom times for:

Moa Therma Black
Arc Prime Black
Tech De Ra Black
The Amphiseum Black
Basillico Black
Platinum Rush Black
Outpost 7 Black

Yeeees, so any advice on where to get a copy would be appreciated :+

infoxicated
5th February 2008, 01:24 PM
I believe Mr Sartwell might be willing to help.

Cant speak for him, and all that, but in the past I've sent him the holographic sleeve for WipEout Fusion when it wasn't available in Northern America, so maybe Al would be willing to organise a job lot for those of us who wish to acquire a North American copy of Pulse.

:)

Frances_Penfold
5th February 2008, 02:22 PM
I can help with the exporting as well, if Al isn't able to :)

Do we know yet the full range of differences between the North American and PAL release? Just wondering how compelling the second purchase is.

Dogg Thang
5th February 2008, 02:37 PM
If the bugs are fixed, I'll have to (really begrudgingly) get the US copy. There are plenty of good places to import if WOZone members can't sort it out for you though. Videogamesplus.ca, tronixweb.com and, eh... more that I can't quite think of right now.

infoxicated
5th February 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm getting one, for sure - it's actually thrown cold water on my Pulse play, as my current profile has some borked times and I'm going to have to start a new one all over again, so I cant be bothered wasting time with the current one.

zargz
5th February 2008, 02:46 PM
so let's go online, foxy!
it was fun racing you the few races we did last (and only) time
especially that move you pulled on the finish line for which I feel the an urgent need of paying back 8)

infoxicated
5th February 2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I do need to get back online at some point with Pulse.

Recently my time has mostly been with Burnout Paradise - I can do teh c00lzor barrel rolls and teh flat spinz in that game. Gotta love teh cool barrel rollz. 8)

JABBERJAW
5th February 2008, 02:55 PM
I can certainly help. I would probably need the money up front(1900$ car bill is killing me, and it's not fixed yet). I would need,

1)your address
2)how you want it shipped

This is for shipping costs, I could find out ahead of time before you send any money(I do have a paypal account)

DjManiac21
5th February 2008, 03:34 PM
I'd be interested!
I have a paypal account as well so it would be no problem at all ;)

Thanks a lot!!! I'll keep looking here for more info.

zerojay
5th February 2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I do need to get back online at some point with Pulse.

Recently my time has mostly been with Burnout Paradise - I can do teh c00lzor barrel rolls and teh flat spinz in that game. Gotta love teh cool barrel rollz. 8)

Yeah, I'm suffering the same fate right now. Also picked up NHL08 and I have Rock Band coming to me before the end of the week so.... yeah, I think I'll end up waiting until the NA release before I play much more of Pulse.

Lion
5th February 2008, 08:18 PM
I must have spent an average of about 6 hours a day playing burnout paradise since I picked it up on friday :)
B license and 30 cars so far.
loving the killcam thing too.
send me an invite when playing online :)

So the US pulse is going to be different to the eu pulse? isn't this bad news for multiplayer?

Rapier Racer
5th February 2008, 09:13 PM
As far as I can tell it shouldn't provide an advantage during a race, it won't have the record keeping bug which is 99% of the reason I'm buying one, also I want to see if anything else is different but that alone wouldn't make me buy the game for a third time. :p What could they possibly change (be logical) that would effect gameplay?

BARTgai
5th February 2008, 11:19 PM
yeah, just a few minor bug fixes. ( i hope that missing sound glitch for the cheering was fixed :) )

I'll be picking up a copy at my local Best Buy when it comes out.

Frances_Penfold
6th February 2008, 01:53 AM
Here's another thing I am wondering about-- can you have two different copies (or in this case, versions, North America + PAL) of Wipeout Pulse associated with a single PSN account? Or would we need to have two PSN accounts (and hence a new username) to play the North American release?

I am perfectly happy to buy a North American copy of Pulse but it still isn't clear what all is different between the PAL and North American versions, plus what the implications are for PSN accounts... I suppose we'll get more info about this soon enough :)

BARTgai
6th February 2008, 02:33 AM
well, if I can use my US PSN account with PAL Pulse, then i'm sure i can use the same one for the US version.

but ill wait and see what others have to say :p

Frances_Penfold
6th February 2008, 05:03 AM
Yes, but can your PSN account be associated with two different copies (or versions) of Pulse? That's what I am wondering :p

stin
6th February 2008, 09:29 AM
I`m curious to know, is there a same front cover or different?

stevie:)

Rapier Racer
6th February 2008, 01:28 PM
Amazon.com shows the same cover.

Sausehuhn
7th February 2008, 03:18 PM
Question: Will Europe get the fixed version too? Or will they just continue to release the buggy versions?

BARTgai
8th February 2008, 12:08 AM
not sure about that, it seems it would be fair to give the European users some kind of patch...

Lance
8th February 2008, 02:28 AM
There's an all-regions equal-opportunity shoulder patch that says:
''Screwed Again!''. ;) :D

Lion
8th February 2008, 06:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the pal territories got a bugfixed version (assuming the US one is bugfixed. has that been confirmed anywhere?) as the Platinum/Greatest Hits (etc) version