PDA

View Full Version : P-MarJunkie™

Myke_AG_Sys™
3rd July 2002, 12:24 AM
my parents have gone away for a couple of days so i decided to take the big tv hostage and hook it up to my playstation. i've been racing p-mar project on phantom like crazy. i can come back to wip3out and it never gets old(EVER).

3-2-1 GO! (Curly™)

Roger
7th July 2002, 01:48 PM
Speaking of big TV's, anyone here who regularly plays Wipeout on a HUGE projection TV, video cannon system or the like?

It would certainly be interesting to have a go on a 100+ inch screen, :o with a sound system to go with it. Maybe some subwoofers that really help you feel the impact when you hit a wall or fire off a quake.

Myself, I've got my Playstation hooked up to a regular 21" TV.

Roger

rhys
7th July 2002, 02:00 PM
i only have a ikkle 14":(

(i think)

infoxicated
7th July 2002, 02:08 PM
I'm on a 28" big screen TV (none of your widescreen caper) with surround sound speakers and that's the biggest I've played it on.

To tell you the truth, I find the game harder as the screen gets bigger... probably to do with your eye having to cover much more distance to judge corners and the like.

As for P-Mar project... not one I've really touched in a while... damn, I need to get some practice in... Medal of Honour and Madden are taking up way too much of my time. :)

Lance
7th July 2002, 04:37 PM
13 inch RCA no-stereo tv and SONY MDR-V600 headphones plugged into a the stereo hi-fi vcr, but only if ive got the music on. most of the time, i don't have the music on at all; then i just listen with the dinky little tv speaker

infoxicated
8th July 2002, 06:08 PM
I spent lunch time today racing around P-mar project, quite enjoying myself actually.. although the first tunnel is still a bitch.

I was thinking to myself, after a couple of good laps that this Rapier bollocks was for kids, man, and that I really should step up to Phantom. Which was when I realised I was on Venom... ahem...

Son of a smeg, I am out of practice... couldn't do the tunnel at all at Rapier! - it was just bang... bang... bang... bang... "Energy Low!".... scraaaaape.... and off I went on my very cautious way back to the very short and crap pit lane! :D

Going to put some laps in now.... at Rapier if you don't mind... I'll be back to Phantom soon, though!

Lance
8th July 2002, 06:33 PM
the weird thing i've found with that tunnel, and the one in the right-side split at stanza inter, is that i seem to be able to go through them straighter in venom and rapier than in vector. maybe vector gives me too much time to think, so i overcontrol. dunno

WolfKill01
12th January 2011, 01:59 AM
I"ve been running this track non-stop lately :g Especially in Piranha and Auricom. The twists are so much fun but the biggest thrill comes from hyper thrusting off the big jump and maintaining top speed through the last few corners without hitting the walls. It's like the grand finale :D

Xpand
12th January 2011, 02:05 PM
I have my PS2 hooked up to a 19 inch 18 year old catodic ray tube screen. The PS3 is on an HD LCD screen.

DawnFireDragoon
12th January 2011, 05:51 PM
god i love this track :)

the look of it and the flow, but i can never maintain a perfect lap boosting off that massive jump, i always end up 'wall bouncing' doesn't stop me trying though :)

JABBERJAW
14th January 2011, 01:30 AM
I have played this track a bit lately, and it is awesome, unless you take out the icarus on it. What an awful ship to try and get around that thing, although it is the fastest :( even on tt. Assegai is incredibly fun on it.

Dan Locke
14th January 2011, 04:35 PM
I always thought that P-Mar Project was let down by the ability to boost over the chicanes. That, and the weird glitch that lets you float around in the air if you fly off of the big ramp at an angle.

the weird thing i've found with that tunnel, and the one in the right-side split at stanza inter, is that i seem to be able to go through them straighter in venom and rapier than in vector. maybe vector gives me too much time to think, so i overcontrol. dunno
Wouldn't that be because steering has a greater effect at slower speeds? You go a shorter distance, but you turn at the same angle.

Dexito2097
21st January 2011, 05:32 PM
52" Samsung LCD it looks awesome.

Plus I've played WOXL on an Epson projector a couple of times. It's actually not that cool since the image is so big and you end up distracted by the fast moving background.

Then again... from a third person perspective it looks great.

WolfKill01
22nd April 2011, 11:21 PM
I started re-re-playing wo3 again. :dizzy Still as fantastic as I remembered it being. For some odd reson, this is the track I played first when I popped it in. And this track (like all the others) is fantastic. Especially since my favorite team as off late is piranha :o The light weight champ can just fly around this track. Simlpy exhilirating. Although Pure's Piranha is still my favorite for some reason :? Meh, I don't wanna think about that, I want more of THIS!!! 3...2...1...GO!!! :lol