PDA

View Full Version : Has someone tried the 3.90 firmware...

NeXaR_QroN
1st February 2008, 01:01 PM
... to see if the sound problems (or others) remains in the game?

Rapier Racer
1st February 2008, 02:43 PM
I just upgraded to 3.80 days before this came out not so keen on diving into the latest firmware anymore. Doubt 3.90 will fix that glitch it'll be an error within the game which probably won't be patched. Can you patch a PSP game? I know you can with PS3 games.

Vincent_VII
1st February 2008, 03:10 PM
The sound problems (if you are talking about glitching, popping and sound drop outs) are a simple issue of the game not running at 333mhz. When playing on a PSP running at 333mhz with CFW the sound (and framerate) issues are almost non existent.

NeXaR_QroN
1st February 2008, 03:15 PM
No, it must be something else, and it seems to be happening to random PSP units. I had zero problems with this on my old Fat, and now it's happening on my Slim.

lunar
1st February 2008, 03:23 PM
3.80 firmware has been giving me some horrible memory stick issues. I`m trying one last thing to fix it, but will probably go to 3.90 to see if it works better.

Vincent_VII
1st February 2008, 03:28 PM
I have heard from multiple sources that in 3.80 Sony changed some kind of read driver for the memory sticks (possibly in an attempt to keep people from playing ISOs on CFW). The newer drivers read information from the stick slower... Or the system constantly refreshes the stick to recheck information. 3.90 has the same problem, though not as bad.

I would stay away from 3.80 or 3.90 for now.

Fat PSP owners usually don't notice the issues because the refresh rate on the screen isn't as fast as the Slims'. Frame rate hiccups are not as apparent.

Ash-Omen
1st February 2008, 04:28 PM
ofw 3.90 has worked flawlessly online on pulse for me, its erly days yet problems may accure but, ive had no problems like lobby stuck and crashes that i got on 3.80

Alex_Se
1st February 2008, 05:05 PM
Same here. Pulse is fine to me. Tried online last night and i had no problems too.
Though i noticed a bit of lag in SP when playing musics from the memory card, dont remember if it was like that before.
Btw its OFW
Side note: (The skype addition is great ;P)

mdhay
1st February 2008, 05:07 PM
Only problem I've had is that GO!Messenger won't work yet.

Vincent_VII
1st February 2008, 05:21 PM
Same here. Pulse is fine to me. Tried online last night and i had no problems too.
Though i noticed a bit of lag in SP when playing musics from the memory card, dont remember if it was like that before.
Btw its OFW
Side note: (The skype addition is great ;P)

Yeah, this is the problem people are running into - anytime you have to stream something from the memory stick the system chokes. It does not happen to everyone, though.

I wonder if it will affect downloadable content for the same reasons....

Rapier Racer
1st February 2008, 05:32 PM
Aahhh I noticed that the PSP was taking longer to access the memory stick than it used to, but I put it down to the sheer volume of music I have on it sometimes takes 2 seconds for the folder names to appear, this happened before 3.80.

lunar
1st February 2008, 05:50 PM
Actually yes I had observed that before 3.80 too, really slow copying to and from the PSP. Also I have big trouble with created ship skins. They often fail to load and sometimes seem to crash the game.

Vincent_VII
1st February 2008, 05:53 PM
Hmm... Maybe it's best just to play Pulse in stock form. :donut

Alex_Se
2nd February 2008, 02:37 PM
Only problem I've had is that GO!Messenger won't work yet.

Yeah... it says coming soon. Sony will release a new update probably allowing people to use it.

Sorry for off topic.

Alucioj
2nd February 2008, 11:45 PM
I had an issue when I upgraded to 3.90...

My update went to 72% and then said the installation was complete (no error message) and after further inspection it seems to have taken it; bit baffled why it only went to 72% though. Can anyone confirm why this would happen or if its normal?

mdhay
3rd February 2008, 09:13 AM
When you are downloading something on psp, Alucioj, it doesn't just go from 1 to 2, it speeds up and downloads large chunks at once. Same thing with the Firmware.

Task
3rd February 2008, 01:48 PM
My update went to 72% and then said the installation was complete (no error message) and after further inspection it seems to have taken it; bit baffled why it only went to 72% though. Can anyone confirm why this would happen or if its normal?Yeah, that kind of thing is normal. Not with just firmware updates, or the PSP or even just with any Sony product, but with all "thermometer gauges" in the world. Their purpose is to keep some activity happening on the screen so that you don't reboot the machine halfway through the update because you think it's locked up.
That's it's only purpose.
The fact that sometimes it actually portrays the progress of the installation is really quite secondary. So the accuracy of that gauge is the opposite of guaranteed to be correct, you can count on the minimum amount of effort being applied in that area.
In other words, pay no heed to the values of the thermometer, it's highly unlikely to have anything to do with anything at all.

lunar
3rd February 2008, 02:03 PM
:lol Good answer! But those of us not in the trade need to be re-assured that things are ok. :)

Task
3rd February 2008, 02:28 PM
8 ) That's what I'm here for! 8 D

Alucioj
3rd February 2008, 03:26 PM
mdhay & Task, thanks very much for putting my mind at rest and its interesting to know the specifics of the progress bar :)

Cheers guys!!!