PDA

View Full Version : New Wipeout-Game.com

QirexAAX
29th January 2008, 03:46 PM
The www.wipeout-game.com website has been totally overhauled and actually looks like it works!

Dogg Thang
29th January 2008, 03:59 PM
Nice spot! Though I'm still missing some pics in the team rankings thing. And none of my skins are in the gallery but, hey, nice to finally have an update! I really hope the first pack comes in a couple of days. That would be sweet.

QirexAAX
29th January 2008, 04:02 PM
I expect the the skins need to be moderated for appropriateness before they get into the gallery in case peole try to post anything *cough* ash-omen *cough* suspicious.

But hey! At least we don't have to see that Burberry check Assegai every time we log in now. :D

KANDANG
29th January 2008, 04:03 PM
noticed a few things not fixed at the time of writing but I'm sure it should be sorted out soon enough. :clap

1) ranked mode/calculation still not fixed
2) when viewing tt / speed lap etc. leaderboards, if i clicked "next track" to view the other track rankings just say i'm on talon's junction black, it doesn't go to the next track.

DjManiac21
29th January 2008, 04:04 PM
Looks like it yeah, though we all know this is going to be "finished" around US launch of Pulse.
It's great we are getting so many goodies for Pulse, but unfortunately casual gamers I know already told me the site looks dead since there are no updates for at least a month and a half, considering that the time is now to catch new pilots' attentions, just a couple of lines now and then to let people know things are on their way wouldn't hurt.

Solid and promising effort though :clap

infoxicated
29th January 2008, 04:15 PM
Looks like it yeah, though we all know this is going to be "finished" around US launch of Pulse.
Do we?

****... looks like I'll be out of a job come valentines day, then. ;)

DjManiac21
29th January 2008, 04:21 PM
hehehehe, I didn't mean it like that :D
It was just a way of saying "Please concentrate on how lucky we are for having the records tables instead of paying too much attention about things which are being improved/reworked" 8)

I should have used the word "assume".

And not like "finished" finished, but maybe "up to its best", "fully functional"?

Oh well, that's my big mouth.... :redface:

*Goes back under the table*

HISHO[JP]
29th January 2008, 04:26 PM
But still no Japanese(language) support...:(

If studio liverpool really want to release Pulse in Japan, Japanese should be supported, soon.

Harimau is still on the Team Allegiance... When will qirex return?

infoxicated
29th January 2008, 04:27 PM
Fully functional for Pulse, maybe, but then there's the WipEout HD stuff to add in... :o

Sausehuhn
29th January 2008, 05:25 PM
Yeeey! Fixed speed classes :)

BARTgai
30th January 2008, 03:36 AM
love the new look. looks very finished and well put together :) :+

lunar
30th January 2008, 08:41 AM
It looks like the rankings are working properly now :hyper When you upload your profile it seems your rank will be updated with a new score system that puts the top players at the top. Still don`t know if these rankings are online only, or take into account your uploaded offline times also.

Team Allegiance looks possibly fixed, though if it is I can`t believe AGS is so unpopular :o

KANDANG
30th January 2008, 12:03 PM
:hyper looks like it works
i reckon it's only online wins/games played taken into account

not sure about team allegiance if offline is taken into account tho
:sonar

Quakka
30th January 2008, 01:01 PM
Haha, I was just thinking about how to ask about the wonky login cookies and session timeouts, but no need now. Works (and looks) great!

Now I'll just have to come up with a good red paint job for the Assegai. Red ones go faster, after all 8).

infoxicated
30th January 2008, 01:03 PM
Team Allegiance is now based on Offline performance from the player profile.

Quakka
30th January 2008, 01:41 PM
Argh, looks like I celebrated a bit early. My first login today went ok, and I could use the skin editor for a while. Trying to save the skin failed, though, and now I get the immediate 'Session expired' message again when trying to log in.

Looking at the HTTP headers, most of my session cookie variables are reset for some reason after I'm redirected to http://www.wipeout-game.com/html/ship/Main from the secure login page (/html/Main/TicketLoginSubmit), which handles the login data generated at store.playstation.com.

I'm confused. I assume the login and the skin editor is working fine for most people? Perhaps somebody working with the site could help me figure this out?

swift412
31st January 2008, 02:59 AM
I still get "Session expired. Please login again" unless I use a proxy.

Quakka
31st January 2008, 06:03 AM
I still get "Session expired. Please login again" unless I use a proxy.

Thanks for the hint :). Using a http proxy solves this for me too. Hunting for a reliable open proxy is a bit of a hassle, but at least it works with my home connection now.

I'm going to try this out at the test lab at my workplace today, perhaps something turns up :coffee.

Lion
31st January 2008, 10:51 AM
seems to behave itself a bit better on ps3 now too,
though on the team info screen all the logos are expanded by default, but still have the click to view text

infoxicated
31st January 2008, 11:23 AM
Is that still there on the PS3 version? Damn... I hate missing stuff like that.

Still, it wont be a problem after the next update - the team page layout is different now. ;)

infoxicated
4th February 2008, 10:18 AM
Wipeout-Game.com rankings tables have been reset this morning.

You'll need to re-upload your profile to get your times in the tables. :+

lunar
4th February 2008, 10:33 AM
great news, an opportunity to be first for a bit! :D Except I`m at work and I can`t. :(

Also an opportunity for anyone who`s been giving themselves any advantages to start playing by the same rules as the majority. You know it`s right. :)

Finally, thanks to Rob and SL for all your work on this.

Alex_Se
4th February 2008, 02:10 PM
Indeed great news! Finnaly That guy Biscotteala? something like that. Was deleted from the table. His cheated position was taken down.

Medusa
4th February 2008, 02:14 PM
:hyper:clap Great work to all those who slaved away to fix things!

Rapier Racer
4th February 2008, 02:18 PM
Nice one guys,:clap now come on the Assegai bandwagon lets take the top spot back from Piranha!!

KANDANG
4th February 2008, 02:44 PM
:clap

has the error in single player race times been fixed too ?

not many people have uploaded theirs yet.. will wait and see

infoxicated
4th February 2008, 03:08 PM
Hopefully, yes - it will not process the times if the race was not completed.

Rapier Racer
4th February 2008, 03:50 PM
Does that make it impossible to have a time for any track you got eliminated on mid race and the game saved it? Do you have any idea if the US version has any bug fixes at all? I'd buy it right away if that feature wasn't present in it.

infoxicated
4th February 2008, 04:05 PM
That is indeed fixed in the US version.

guillaume
4th February 2008, 04:35 PM
Can you tell us if EU profiles will be compatible with the US version of the game? (sorry if this is known already)

Dogg Thang
4th February 2008, 06:01 PM
Ugh. Any idea what else is fixed in the US version?

DjManiac21
4th February 2008, 06:12 PM
So, now that the site is working great, can I please ask a couple of questions?

1- What does the "Ranked" option mean in the end? How do you influence it?
2- How do you know how many points you earning online and offline for a certain team? Is that judged by the amoount of loyalty points or is it something else?

Thanks and sorry if this was answered before, work is killing me lately :mr-t

infoxicated
4th February 2008, 07:47 PM
Ranked is your respective performance against other people online. The more different people you play and win against, the higher your rank. If you play the same people all the time and win against them all the time, the effect this has on your rank will decrease over time.

All Team Allegiance points are earned offline, now, which was the way it was originally meant to work. I had a feeling that the choice of ship during online play might well be different than what you'd use offline.

Ash-Omen
4th February 2008, 10:35 PM
i need help i get the Session expired problem on my PSP but not on my PC i also get it wen im trying my friends connection any suggestions? its really anoying i cant upload my stats and can som1 tell me a nice proxy too use? i know nothing about proxies.

Ive even tryed making a new account and using a friends but still dosent work i dont understand why it works on the PC but not the PSP even tho they're using the same connection, it used too work fine on the PSP but randomly stopped working 1 day.

some1 plz help its really started too piss me off for eg ive just now set the fastest time for Outpost 7 white phantom single race lap time (23.25) but cant fuking upload it!!! :bomb

Ash-Omen
4th February 2008, 11:01 PM
FIXED! my problem was cookies wernt enabled ¬_¬

Frances_Penfold
4th February 2008, 11:56 PM
Awesome work! :) I hadn't figured that any sorts of changes could be accomplished at this point of time.

Indeed great news! Finnaly That guy Biscotteala? something like that. Was deleted from the table. His cheated position was taken down.

It was taken down, yes, but I guess the big question is if the new version of the website will identify cheaters in some manner and prevent them from uploading their cheated times.

Here's hoping! ;)

KANDANG
5th February 2008, 12:38 AM
Ranked is your respective performance against other people online. The more different people you play and win against, the higher your rank. If you play the same people all the time and win against them all the time, the effect this has on your rank will decrease over time.

All Team Allegiance points are earned offline, now, which was the way it was originally meant to work. I had a feeling that the choice of ship during online play might well be different than what you'd use offline.

will your points decrease if you lose ? and if yes, does it drop alot if you lost to a lower ranked opponent :mr-t

Frances_Penfold
5th February 2008, 12:59 AM
Infoxicated, this is a fairly minor point, and I may just be doing something wrong--

But in the new version of the website, I think that when viewing Speed Lap records, that the "next track" and "previous track" links switch you out of "Speed Lap" entries and into "Time Trials"?

Ash-Omen
5th February 2008, 01:18 AM
wow i just noticed the ranked part, im 5th hehe. so it lowers wen u loose and goes up wen u win? but only goes up if u dont play the same people all the time?

infoxicated
5th February 2008, 09:14 AM
Infoxicated, this is a fairly minor point, and I may just be doing something wrong--

But in the new version of the website, I think that when viewing Speed Lap records, that the "next track" and "previous track" links switch you out of "Speed Lap" entries and into "Time Trials"?
That's broken, unfortunately - but it'll be fixed in the next version.

Sausehuhn
5th February 2008, 11:19 AM
Am I the only person who can't see the AG-SYS-logo in the left column? I get an AG_Systems.
Same occured to EG-X if I remember correctly.

Rapier Racer
5th February 2008, 11:19 AM
No your not thats how I see it too.

Ash-Omen
5th February 2008, 01:49 PM
i cant see it either

infoxicated
5th February 2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, both AG Systems and EG-X are broken images - they'll be fixed in the next version.

KANDANG
6th February 2008, 02:32 PM

1) just wanted to find out if you're in the top 100 and you play against someone in the bottom of the ranking tables, do you still get points for winning? also...

2) will you gain the same points for winning someone who is higher rank as you like a lower ranked opponent.

3) if in a multi-player game against say 4 opponents, if you come in 2nd, will you get points? or you're considered the 1st loser :)

4) had 92664 points, won 8 games 0 losses and uploaded my profile, all against different opponents..checked back and points dropped to 92656.
weird

:dizzy

*on another note... here comes a new cheater "hyperzyph". check talon's junction white TT best lap on the wipeout-game page

the_Admiral
7th February 2008, 03:10 PM
I guess unless the game gets patched and you can only upload a 'patched' profile to a clean version of the website, the issue will never be truely fixed :(

DjManiac21
7th February 2008, 03:35 PM
And there's already a cheating bastard on top of the Talons Junction table...
Reseting the scores everytime won't help the problem, I guess it's time we get a patch?
Please? Pretty please? :|

Flashback Jack
7th February 2008, 04:09 PM
This cheater thing is the primary reason I stick exclusively to the Rapier and Phantom class; the cheaters don't seem to have the skill to handle the extra speed so are largely absent from the top of those tables.

- F

Frances_Penfold
7th February 2008, 04:21 PM
Resetting the times probably *does* help to some degree, because most cheaters probably get bored of the game and move on-- while hardcore Wipers stick around and can update their profile.

On balance, I think we are relatively lucky with the apparent small numbers of cheaters in the upper rankings-- probably the kinds of folks that would cheat don't have the inclination to put lots of time into time trials, especially at the faster speeds, and therefore don't rank very highly, as Flashback says.

An additional easy fix for removing cheaters from the leaderboards would be to have a hard cut-off, below which times would not be accepted. For example, it seems pretty unlikely that lap times below 28 seconds are real for Talon's Junction White-- so why not eliminate those times? If the cut-offs were adjustable, they could be tweaked if legit wipers were able to obtain faster times.

Or maybe it's a bad idea to be identifying hard cut offs so early in the game's lifespan...

Rapier Racer
7th February 2008, 04:57 PM
It says they are going to keep an eye out for cheaters, but how much can we actually expect them to actively monitor the record tables? Time consuming activity.

I assume Mirage isn't in the Wipeout-game.com system yet just leaves a blank space in the team column when you set a time with them.

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 06:53 PM
Another website update and it's a good one! The pics for the team rankings all work and look lovely - really nicely put together. The skin gallery has been expanded hugely and is now a part of the download section with a ridiculous amount of skins to choose from, which is excellent. Also screensavers have been added!

There's alo a link to the Auricom pack and the rankings page have team icons now. A great update!

P52Smith
21st February 2008, 07:00 PM
The site's been overhauled again, nicely!:hyper

Now you can search the entire ship skin gallery under downloads by user!

Also, there is now a link to the unreleased Auricom download pack for £1.99 (not sure about other currencies) and you can view the data releases for each team under their page.

Plus, you can now view zone records by zone no. or score and under 'team', instead of just saying team, it shows you (most of) their logo.

There may be other things but I only spent 5 minutes looking, if you find something else, congratulations, it's yours to tell us all about!

(I wrote this before Dogg Thang posted his, then adapted it after seeing his post, sorry for any repeated information)

Nadia Elenova
21st February 2008, 07:19 PM
I have a problem with the site: I only can have 4 skins, when I try to save a 5th skin it gives me an error >> -20005
Any clue? :|

infoxicated
21st February 2008, 07:52 PM
I'll get that checked out tomorrow.

There has also been an overhaul to the teams page... which was, admittedly, mostly me trying to justify the new JavaScript book I had ordered! ;)

Nadia Elenova
21st February 2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks in advance! ;D

Dogg Thang
21st February 2008, 08:42 PM
Ah, I hadn't noticed the team change. Like your fancy slide across to get to the stats! Very nice indeed. The whole website looks excellent now.

tapioca
21st February 2008, 09:05 PM
Nice enhancements, Rob ! You should try it in Safari, because the frames don't display correctly (at least on a mac).
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7749/wipeoutgamesafaribo7.jpg
But it works well in Firefox…

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 09:11 AM
That is miles out - the mind boggles how a browser can be that far out from all the others. It's not like I'm doing anything particuarly clever, either - just floats, and it all validates, too.

Man, I hate Apple. Firefox isn't pretentious enough a name for us, so we'll have to stir the pot and release a buggy piece of crap called Safari that all the Macsturbators will rush to use because it completes their pretentious iLife. Of course, that'll mean that web developers have to make extra effort to allow for all its quirks, but it's got a wonderfully pretentious name so we don't care. Overpriced laptop that you cant replace the batteries of, anyone?

*ahem*

Yeah, I'll take a look at it... but I have validating style sheets and html and roughly 97% of the market covered, so it might not be a long look. :|

tapioca
22nd February 2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry to give you some more work… But thanks from the (pretentious) 3% community :coffee

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 10:12 AM
:)

The thing is, I'm not careless with this kind of thing - I take a lot of pride in the way I put websites together and it was a long road through the browser wars before Firefox and IE emerged with rendering engines that you could just about treat as equal.

With WipEout-Game.com I actually do treat them as equal - there are no tricks or hacks in there to allow for one browser doing something freaky. The site has two style sheets - one for the big version and one for the PS3/PSP, and I'm careful that the HTML that's generated by the server is clean enough that those two style sheets can make the code fit the platform. It's the way it should work in an ideal world.

And then Apple comes along with Safari and it's 1997 all over again.

Yay! ;)

Dogg Thang
22nd February 2008, 10:25 AM
So isn't that really Safari's problem and they should be fixing their browser rather than you having to fix your website?

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 10:51 AM
Yes and no - this isn't a standards issue, more an interperatation of the page by the rendering engine issue. I've fixed it now - it might not even have been a problem initially, but recently I was trying to trim the fat from the site and remove unneeded layers to bring the page weight down and get it rendering extra fast.

However, I had trimmed out the styles for the mainPanel box that holds all the content below the navigation, because Firefox, IE, and Opera didn't need the information from those styles to be stated implicitly. F, I, and O rendered the content of that box "protected" from the influence of objects outwith it. Safari was rendering the content in the box after the subnavigation list, making the first box of the mainPanel - the smallElement containing the Team Allegience stats - align itself to the left of the last list item.

To fix it I had to add the value "clear: left" to the mainPanel to explicitly state that "this box and everything contained in it is seperate from the layer above". F, I, and O assumed this to be the case - Safari just needed telling.

It actually looked far worse of a problem than it was - I worked it out in a couple of minutes after realising it only affected the first line of content inside the mainPanel. My initial solution was to tell the first item contained in mainPanel to clear: left, but this wasn't particularly elegant. Once I realised I could apply the clearance to the mainPanel itself and Safari was happy with that, I didn't have to apply it to the child elements of mainPanel.

So in two or three weeks time, when the next version of the site makes it through the arduous process of getting from my machine to the production server, Safari users should have the same experience as the rest of us.

wich
22nd February 2008, 11:27 AM
I see exactly the same thing that tapioca mentioned in konqueror and in opera on the linux platform. The Ranking tables, datacast archive and team performance page are just as messed up layout wise.

Also the text in the skin gallery flows out of the box around it:

http://www.stack.nl/~wich/dump/wogame-textrunoff.png

One feature request from me: it'd be awesome if we could get a ranking overview page once logged in, something simple like a table with all tracks on one axis and all events and speedclasses on the other and list the ranked position of the logged in player in that table. Might even link player names in the normal ranking tables to some profile page which has this ranking overview. Would be cool to see how some of the other players are doing in the rankings without having to traverse all the different events, speedclasses and tracks in the ranking tables.

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 11:30 AM
That fix for Safari should fix the issue in the browsers you mention above, Wich.

I'll revisit the gallery item text, though. :+

wich
22nd February 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I would guess so. Safari and konqueror use essentially the same rendering engine and given that it looks exactly alike in opera I'd say the cause is the same. Thanks for giving this the attention that it needs so swiftly, not all web admins are as courtious to the non-windows non-{ie,firefox} using crowd.

But any chance my feature request will be fulfilled somewhere down the line? Were there perhaps already similar plans for a future update? Anyway, not asking when it'll be finished or anything, just asking whether you'd be interested to pursue this in the future.

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 11:57 AM
I'll see what we can do, but it wont be for some time as I'm about to be off for a while. :|

wich
22nd February 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks, cool to hear you're interested.

Going on a much deserved vacation?

P52Smith
22nd February 2008, 12:17 PM
One more thing, could you make it possible to search ship skins by team as well as user, makes it easier to find skins for a specific ship?
Would be much appreciated

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 12:29 PM
Apparently we cant do that because it puts too much load on the server - I wanted it to work that way too.

Going on a much deserved vacation?
Not as such, no... I'm being put to sleep for an operation on my knee tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be able to walk again, so I'll be off work for at least a week. :|

I hope I can walk properly again for going to Amsterdam next month, or else I'll have to cancel. :(

P52Smith
22nd February 2008, 12:31 PM
Shame

Hope you get on alright in hospital

wich
22nd February 2008, 12:47 PM
Ouch, that sucks man, hope you'll be up and about again soon. Don't forget to bring your PSP so you can have your fix while recovering ;)

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 12:56 PM
I'll be recovering at home, so I'll be surrounded by my laptop, my PS3 and my PSP. :D

That and some coding books so I can swot up a bit. :banzai

Dogg Thang
22nd February 2008, 01:04 PM
Coding books? Ah, you're one lucky guy. Hope it all goes well for you and you're back on your feet soon!

P52Smith
22nd February 2008, 01:08 PM
Another thought
Could you at least make it so we can scroll to a specific number and/or have more skins on a page as it is virtually impossible to scroll through over 1200 skins in blocks of 9.
1200/9=133 (more or less) meaning there are over 133 pages to scroll through 1 at a time, boring!

Please consider it

Frances_Penfold
22nd February 2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry to give you some more work… But thanks from the (pretentious) 3% community :coffee

Exactly what I wanted to say as well :)

As an aside, have any of y'all been trying out "webkit"?

http://webkit.org/

I gather this is an open-source version of Safari that will be integrated into future official Safari releases (or something like that). It's wicked fast-- the daily releases can be downloaded and tested.

Rob, hope your surgery goes well and is relatively pain-free!

Lance
22nd February 2008, 02:01 PM
Not as such, no... I'm being put to sleep for an operation on my knee tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be able to walk again, so I'll be off work for at least a week. :|

I hope I can walk properly again for going to Amsterdam next month, or else I'll have to cancel. :(

Skating is a dangerous pastime. I'd rather drive fast in cars.
With no seatbelts. :D

--------

I like that skinny little MacBook cuz it's purty.....
hey! wait! Where are all the connectors?!

stin
22nd February 2008, 03:15 PM
Hey foxy, no football for a while! ;)

What have you done with your knee?

Back on Topic

Is any chance in near future to upgrade New Zones from four packs?

stevie:)

infoxicated
22nd February 2008, 03:29 PM
What have I done to it? Years of skateboarding, some american football, and lots of general carelessness. I knew I was having the operation at some point, but sort of hoped it would fall after the European Convention... hopefully there's enough time to recover, although I apparently I wont be able to drive for weeks. :|

Back on topic, yes - all of the zones and all of the tracks will be in place for the next update. The profile data is being stored, it's just not being displayed right now, plus there's an issue with the Mirage team that we need to resolve. Fingers crossed that the next release of the site will complete the job with regard to WipEout Pulse. :)

Mobius
22nd February 2008, 10:44 PM
Just looking at the thumbnail Foxy put up...

Anyone notice the address? Psygnosis lives! :D

infoxicated
23rd February 2008, 04:04 PM
I was going to blur the address out initially, but figured someone would get a kick out of it. ;)

borell
24th February 2008, 06:27 PM
I am sorry to say that since the recent changes of wipeout-game.com the page looks strange in some of my browsers (Mac OS X).

It looks fine in Firefox 2, but it looks strange (like in the picture (http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7749/wipeoutgamesafaribo7.jpg) attached by tapioca, post #57 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82623&postcount=57)) in Firefox 3 Beta 3, Safari 3 and Webkit. It did not use to look strange in those browsers until the recent changes.

P52Smith
11th March 2008, 08:48 PM
The website is coming on nicely, despite all the problems, glad you are able to do such good work and hope that you are able to make the perfect site soon.

Incidentally, when are the special pictures going to be added, they are mentioned in another thread but I can't remember which one, I am looking forward to seeing them and hoping that I recognise something or that there will be a very, very, very in depth back story inserted there, from 2004 (birth of AG technologies creator) through to 2207 and onwards as more games are added to the site.

Good work though infoxicated!

taqili
12th March 2008, 04:39 AM
I just wait for the day it updates and says Icaras pack is available for all regions :(

infoxicated
13th March 2008, 03:40 PM
Good work though infoxicated!
Thanks! :+

But yeah... about that... I'll be leaving Sony in the near future, so although I'm sure the site will continue to grow, the updates I'm currently working on will be the last by my hand, I'm afraid. :|

Rapier Racer
13th March 2008, 03:51 PM
Another departure from Sony towers, first Phil Harrison and now you too! Whats going on in there..

Sausehuhn
13th March 2008, 03:52 PM
You know it's a pity, don't you, Rob :(

infoxicated
13th March 2008, 04:02 PM
All good things, Max. :)

Lance
13th March 2008, 04:33 PM
And all bad things, too. :)

Dogg Thang
13th March 2008, 06:15 PM
I hope you're off somewhere bigger and better. Well, maybe just better. I'm not sure bigger is usually a good thing.

Medusa
14th March 2008, 05:45 PM
That is too bad! For us lovers of the "true" wipeouts, that is. Perhaps now it won't be so frustrating for you to be part of the new-fangled games called "wipeout"...Headline: The last true wipeout player leaves Sony??

I hope good things are in your future. (Yes, I do quote fortune cookies from time to time.)

P52Smith
16th March 2008, 10:25 PM
Point your successor in the direction of this forum before you go so we are still able to spot areas for improvement.
Still a shame though!

Rapier Racer
17th March 2008, 12:29 AM
Eeehh I bet someone who doesn't give a **** gets put on the job.

Will the guys from the studio still drop by from time to time?

Nadia Elenova
17th March 2008, 12:15 PM
>>> infoxicated - Good work on the site, it was really improved with the last updates, thank you very much. Best wishes for your upcoming future! :clap

Mad-Ice
31st March 2008, 10:03 AM
I am wondering if the tracks of the packs will be added in the record tables on the site? I remember even before the packs were released the names of the tracks were into the record tables. Now that the packs are released the tracks are gone and we can not upload our records!!!

Asayyeah
31st March 2008, 01:29 PM
Just my thought here : when Ntsc will release the DL packs the site will be open eventually.

Nadia Elenova
19th April 2008, 02:29 PM
I can't save a fifth skin, it says "Error saving uploaded file » -20005"
So I have a blank slot in my account I can't use. ¿Anyone has the same problem? Thanks.

P52Smith
19th April 2008, 03:17 PM
I have the same problem but I have no solution for it myself.

Most annoying!

Anyone other than Nadia have the same problem (not wanting to hi-jack the latest topic of course)

Lance
19th April 2008, 05:16 PM
Several people had this problem; it's already discussed on another thread

Nadia Elenova
20th April 2008, 09:07 AM
Sorry, I looked for it but couldn't find it, I asked the same question in the Online Skin Editor thread but nobody answered (2 month ago) so I thought it was just me.

I've browsed the forum but still can't find the other thread, anyway I think this problem is gonna stay for long (not a big problem though)

P52Smith
20th April 2008, 12:45 PM
Which thread Lance?

If you can post the link it would be easier, if you can't find it again, I'll keep looking

Thanks anyway

Nadia Elenova
23rd April 2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry but I'm unable to find the other thread. :dizzy

Today I've tried to erase all the slots, then started fill them with skins and I've found out that I can't save a fifth one, no matter what slot is left last, if there are other four full it reports "Error saving uploaded file » -20005" when trying to save.

I also tried cloning the ship onto the last slot, but a new error message appeared: "Network error » -500"

Rapier Racer
23rd April 2008, 09:54 PM
If you have the other 4 skins on your PSP you could always delete one off the site and save it there.

Nadia Elenova
23rd April 2008, 10:22 PM
Wow, that's what I call a fast solution, thanks a lot!! :hyper
To think it was so simple! :redface:

Albino Ace
24th April 2008, 02:33 AM
Usually the simplest solutions in life are the ones we think of last. You're not the only one. :)

As for myself, I never had that problem... :o

P52Smith
26th April 2008, 02:58 PM
If you have the other 4 skins on your PSP you could always delete one off the site and save it there.
You say that but occasionally I switch to other peoples' skins and then I will lose at least one of my five.

Also, storing them on my computer hard drive itself means that I can't access them easily if I want to change back to my own.

Any other ideas?

packetmon
10th May 2008, 06:42 AM
anyone experiencing issues with the ranking tables lately?

on amphesium black phantom tt sometimes i'm 9 and sometimes 7.

when i submit the form for basilico white phantom tt i get basilico black and vice versa.
instead of 1:34 being a 6 on white its reduced to a stinky 24 :turd on black.

the behavior for amphesium is erratic.
if i repeatedly submit the form sometimes its ok for 10 times straight, sometimes alternating, etc...
the basilico issue is always there though.

pls take some time away from gta4 to investigate.

Mad-Ice
11th May 2008, 11:11 AM
Hi Packetmon,

Yes these things just happen, unfortunately!

infoxicated
12th May 2008, 11:00 PM
I completed an update for the website back in the middle of March and it hasn't even made it to the QA server yet. I've tried emailing the server guy to ask him why all that hard work and expense of localisation has gone to waste and he told me there was no reason, he was just busy.

So... what to do is email Tony_Buckley@scee.net and let him know that you don't want that site laying to waste. Tell him that the fans who've been buying his games for the past four years deserver better. Tell him to kick Nico the server guy up the ****ing ass, because all he has to do is put in a request to get the dev version moved through the QA process and a bunch of bug fixes and a load of new content will magically make its way onto the live server at some point.

Oh, and whoever posed the question about anyone else giving much of a **** about the wipeout-game.com site that I worked so hard on for the better part of a year - there's your answer; unless every single visitor caused a ten pound note to appear on the desk of the game director, that site never stood a chance.

Pulse tables on WipEoutZone will be forthcoming. :+

lunar
13th May 2008, 08:30 AM
Great news about Pulse tables, Rob, thanks.

Mad-Ice
13th May 2008, 05:20 PM
Looking forward to Pulse on PS2 now, with the tables coming up here!

Very funny post Rob, especially with the edit! I think I will send a message, because I really want to upload the new records soon.

Sausehuhn
13th May 2008, 05:22 PM
We should spam his in-box :)

infoxicated
13th May 2008, 07:59 PM
We should spam his in-box :)

No. You should send a considered request to get the site updated. Otherwise you're wasting your time and making the community look bad.

Lance
13th May 2008, 09:26 PM
Very true. And spam makes the individual spammer look and be bad. Why join the bad guys?

----------

um.... *coff*quote rule*coff*. :g

Sausehuhn
13th May 2008, 10:23 PM
Oh no you got me wrong guys. I meant serious mails of course. I just imagined how all the members send mails to Buckley. That would "spam" his in-box in the sense of overfilling ;)

lunar
13th May 2008, 11:35 PM
It does seem a bit strange for SL to build the site, with all the resources that go into doing that, but not maintain it properly.

Frances_Penfold
13th May 2008, 11:59 PM
Indeed.

I suppose this isn't a good sign about the life-span of the Wipeout-Game website... nor for officially supported online play :(

infoxicated
14th May 2008, 08:57 AM
It does seem a bit strange for SL to build the site, with all the resources that go into doing that, but not maintain it properly.
Lets not overstate the resources too much. There was me, one guy part time on the server side & part time on the game integration side, plus **** all support from marketing, and even less support from a small team of uninterested graphic designers who would rather have outsourced it to create a Flash animated billboard of a site.

It was done on a total shoe-string budget and the back-end is based on a baseball game - the table system here at WipEoutZone is so much more sophisticated it's not funny. We couldn't do anything of any worth with the records system - 90% of the functionality you'd expect from a database driven site was "too expensive" in terms of demand on the server, which is why the thing is so static.

When I asked for feedback or some direction from the marketing people over the course of summer 2007, what I was after was creative ideas for how to give the site some pop. What I got was months of "it's not possible to do this internally, we don't think you can do it," followed by too little, too late, in the form of "we don't like the way the tabbed navigation works. You don't have enough legal disclaimers in the footer."

Making a website like that from within the company was like teaching a diplodocus on mogadon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrazepam) to play fetch, when what the diplodocus wanted to do was outsource the game of fetch to an agency and then bask in the glory of a 100k budget well spent on a Flash based game of fetch. (See the first version of killzone.com for an example of how that turns out - lovely site, zero use to the community it's aimed at.)

Creating that site was thankless torture, no bones about it, but I think it's turned out reasonably functional considering the resources behind it. Thankfully, a quick check of the QA server has revealed that the aforementioned updated version is winging its way towards the production server.

So a pat on the back for whoever prompted somebody to do something. :+

Lance
14th May 2008, 03:39 PM
I bet it's due to the discussion here. [even though I don't know what the odds are]

Rapier Racer
14th May 2008, 08:31 PM
Geez didn't realize it was like that at SL, seems like your efforts were largely unappreciated, no wonder you left. Good news about the update going through though :cowboy

P52Smith
29th June 2008, 10:30 AM
I've not been able to access the site over the last few days (have not tried for last month or so) and I am wondering, am I the only person or is everybody having this problem, and if everybody is having this problem, why is there the problem?

All help appreciated!

Rapier Racer
29th June 2008, 06:36 PM
Me neither or the online Pulse, It's like one of those nice people that needs a slap has decided to take it all down.

micky1984
29th June 2008, 07:56 PM
im having the same problems havnt been able to get on it since friday. hav u been able to race online ? cus im pooped in that regards also

Darkdrium777
30th June 2008, 02:24 AM
I will try to log-on right now, I was gone over the week-end. It's sad to see such events unfold, hopefully it's just a bug and they haven't decided to kill the game yet :/

EDIT: Stuck at the "Searching for Universes" screen and then a connection error. I don't like where this is headed. >.<

Ash-Omen
30th June 2008, 04:01 AM
well this sucks, i just set a new record on outpost7 speedlap and i cant upload,
or play online.

any idea when its all gonna be back up?
i fear this games gonna die :(

infoxicated
30th June 2008, 10:34 AM
I sometimes wonder if it was DOA to begin with.

If you compare it to Criterion releasing Burnout Paradise and kicking off their "Year of Paradise" with unparalleled support and updates via their website, the level of support that WipEout Pulse has had is laughable.

Studio Liverpool released it in a shoddy state to start with and within three months they turn their backs on it to concentrate on WipEout HD.

And who's to say they wont turn their backs on that, too, the minute the sales tail off? :|

Rapier Racer
30th June 2008, 05:02 PM
Well now wipeout-game.com no longer exists it just takes you to wipeoutpulse.com.

Thats a poor show all round someone at SL sucks major ass.

RJ O'Connell
30th June 2008, 05:34 PM
Franchise killing? In my Studio Liverpool? Apparently it's more likely than I thought.

Ash-Omen
1st July 2008, 12:19 AM
i guess they feel we're not important enough for them to keep the servers up,

....asswipes!

JABBERJAW
1st July 2008, 02:48 AM
Is the online, offline now? If so, that is complete bullshit

KIGO1987
1st July 2008, 03:50 AM
That sucks. That sucks alot.

Darkdrium777
1st July 2008, 04:25 AM
Time to start the Kai sessions.

:turd:turd:turd
:turd:bomb:turd
:turd:turd:turd

Thanks packetmon

BARTgai
1st July 2008, 04:34 AM
Ok seriously, is this some kind of ****ing joke? Online is what made WipEout Pulse so much fun. The wipeout-game.com with the record tables, skin editor, and all the other great stuff was what I thought a wonderful addition the the series. Now to see it all just go away with no explanation ......... I mean, come on! What's the deal? SL could at least give us some kind of explanation, that would be a lot better than just taking everything down without notice.

Maybe they are working on major updates or something, but untill I see those things back up, I'll have to believe that its gone forever :frown:

Great job Studio Liverpool :-

guillaume
1st July 2008, 08:45 AM
I believe that once again, SL has nothing to do with this, Sony does, and people at SL may not be allowed to express their opinion about it.
But that's just speculation.

supersocks
1st July 2008, 08:57 AM
Don't worry guys. You can buy same stuff again in next console generation!

...or not.

EDIT: They got language selection up in wipeout-game.com again :)

Ash-Omen
1st July 2008, 01:14 PM
hmm site seems to be fully working again =/ i wonder if we will ever find out why it was down :?

Sausehuhn
1st July 2008, 01:51 PM
It's totally messed up in Firefox 3, btw.

infoxicated
1st July 2008, 06:08 PM
Not for me - if you're going to say stuff like that, at least be specific as to your operating system and version of Firefox. Otherwise it's as helpful as saying "yeah, a barrel roll didn't work for me at one point, either."

Mac related layout issues should be fixed in the new version. By "new" I mean "version from March".

Darkdrium777
2nd July 2008, 01:37 AM
I use Firefox 3 on Windows XP SP2 and it is messed up... I believe it is also the same on PS3...

The zone is fine on PS3 except for the link bar at the top which is diplayed vertically instead of horizontally...

BARTgai
2nd July 2008, 01:37 AM
Oh thank god it's working again. Sorry for my little anger venting :redface: I just start to get really worried when I see stuff go down like that.

RJ O'Connell
2nd July 2008, 01:41 AM
Nah. A lot of us jumped the gun on the whole deal, myself included.

I'm still not entirely happy with this game. At least I won't be, until the Pulse download packs make their way to the PlayStation Store.

In the meantime, I can't get the new site to get past the Language Select screen in IE7. But this is likely due to heavy traffic, and since it's not the newest layout, I won't bother with it much for a few days.

Though, I'd like to know if my times are up on the table yet.

Morcant
2nd July 2008, 10:30 PM
I made a custom skin for my ship but I can't download it to my PSP through my PC. It only says that I have to connect my PSP with a USB, but it already is connected. What can I do?

Please help me!

Albino Ace
3rd July 2008, 06:46 AM
Hmm...maybe try updating firmware? Sony released OFW 4.01 recently...before I tried DL'ing schemes via USB cable, didn't work...after the update, it did. I use a slim by the way.

Not sure if the update is what did it, but if no other ideas come to you, then you could try that I guess.

rdmx
3rd July 2008, 11:07 AM
I'm not entirely clear on what your first post said, but did you go to settings, and press USB connection?

Morcant
3rd July 2008, 12:11 PM
Yep, I activated the USB connection on my PSP but still it didn't work. I will try the upgrade right away =)

Morcant
3rd July 2008, 01:37 PM
it didn't work =(

Albino Ace
3rd July 2008, 01:41 PM
Hmm...and you had it under "USB connection" from the Settings menu on your PSP?

>_< I don't have any more ideas to help. Sorry. :(

Avenger2197
3rd July 2008, 02:50 PM
Morcant. you may want to try publishing the skin first, then connecting the PSP through USB. I know when the couple skins i did wouldn't download, that's what I had to do.

Only problem with that is waiting for SCEE to approve the skin, and update the site, which can take a while, as we've all seen.:frown:

rdmx
4th July 2008, 01:03 PM
Possibly one of the daftest questions I can ask - do you have a Pulse save file on your PSP?

Morcant
4th July 2008, 03:38 PM
Haha, well yeah I have a Pulse file saved on my memory card.
I have published my skin but it seems to take some time. I tried to download some of the already published skins but it didn't work.
I probably should buy a router for my PC so that I can use the WLAN to grab the skin instead.

kanar
4th July 2008, 08:30 PM
this is dead again guyz???... wo-game to pulse website, online down...:brickwall

RJ O'Connell
4th July 2008, 09:24 PM
Hopefully it's to put up the March version of the website. What's been up hasn't been changed since January.

Darkdrium777
5th July 2008, 04:13 AM
Or they just started shutting off the servers during the week-end. From Friday to Monday. >.<
Hopefully I am wrong but it is far too coincidental to be far-fetched... That's two week-ends in a row already...

Razgriz375
6th July 2008, 12:17 PM
Have any of you noticed that the www.wipeout-game.com site redirects to wipeoutpulse.com now. I cant get the site. Whats happend to it?

RJ O'Connell
6th July 2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, Speedy_Feisar.

The problems with wipeout-game.com are being discussed actively at this thread and also in one called "Online Problems."

As far as we know, the website - which is also tied to the Wipeout Pulse online servers - is down for the weekend for debugging. So not only are none of us able to get to Wipeout-Game, but we aren't able to play infrastructure online. This is the second straight weekend this has happened. Sony are supposed to upload a newer, better version of Wipeout-Game.com shortly, but it was finished in March which was four months ago.

It sucks, I know. But hopefully it should be up and running Monday. ^_^

Rapier Racer
6th July 2008, 05:11 PM
I just love the way they keep the fans informed, other devs make it known when they intend to screw around with online services. Guess a line of text on a website is too much to ask for.