PDA

View Full Version : is pure like fusion?

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 08:02 PM
handling wise, i got pure and pulse at the same time and played pure just after and the handling is very soft and slidy where as pulse is much more precise

i love pure, and it feels so "complete" but to me the handling is very similar to fusion, which everyone hates because of its handling

does anyone else think theyre similar too?

Rapier Racer
28th January 2008, 08:08 PM
No it feels nothing like Fusion. It does feel odd when you play Pulse then Pure after it though, but for me it doesn't feel like Fusion. I was going to say Fusion nearly killed the series but Colin says it was the best seller, so why was it considered a failure by $ony if sold better than the other games?

CR4SH3D
28th January 2008, 08:11 PM
they both to me seem really slippy (when your in a craft with bad handling on fusion that is)

well maybe it sold becase of the advertising to a wide audience and the PS2 being more 'mainstream' but was considered a failure because the core fanbase didnt like it much? it might also have cost alot more to make and tha might have played against profits or something

Medusa
28th January 2008, 09:57 PM
I don't think Pure is like Fusion - I actually think that mag-strips in Pulse feel closest to Fusion's handling.

Asayyeah
29th January 2008, 07:37 AM
True Medusa, i share your point of view about magstrip = fusion handling , Pure is different from fusion it got a lot more freedom to race ( i know the word is probably not correct but it's the only one i got within my vocabularie 's words early this morning :D )

Tomahawk
29th January 2008, 06:43 PM
Answering the questuion in the thread's title: No! It never felt like fusion for me and it never will feel this way. I totally agree with medusa: the closest thing to fusions handling is racing on the mag-strips in pulse.

nakamura
30th January 2008, 08:55 PM
Pure as said is not at all like fusion. I love Pure.
In fact I loved Fusion when it came out, still enjoy it now but the handling is not really very good. The whole game feels a bit to rigid.

q_dmc12
31st January 2008, 12:53 AM
too F-Zero-like

Colin Berry
31st January 2008, 11:36 AM
No it feels nothing like Fusion. It does feel odd when you play Pulse then Pure after it though, but for me it doesn't feel like Fusion. I was going to say Fusion nearly killed the series but Colin says it was the best seller, so why was it considered a failure by $ony if sold better than the other games?

It was late, due to a fair bit of disruption at the time and people moving projects and companies. Late projects are never viewed well :D
The team that finished it was hardly the team that started it.
It sold well, but as it had long development and was early Ps2, ergo it had cost more than the Ps1 games to develop. Sales and profits are different.

whilst many people liekd it, critically it wasnt brilliantly recieved and internally many of the team that finished it, knew we could make a better Wipeout, which is what we've been doing ever since :D

Rapier Racer
31st January 2008, 02:05 PM
You certainly have! Now, please give me HD :hyperA Playstation without a Wipeout to go with it would just feels a bit empty, as my PS3 is without one.

Animagic
5th February 2008, 05:18 AM
wow I don't think pure feels like fusion-esque "handling" at all.
what ship do you use in pure?

Fusion isn't all bad though... it's still got some great surprises in the tracks, and Florion Heights and Mandrashee are still awesome looking and fun to TT through to me.

I'll never forget when I first saw the trailer for Fusion like the E3 before PS2 launched where the Feisar craft floated through the volumetric fog in Florion Heights... I was like :0
I was in line day one to get my PS2 because of that video...

...and then waited for awhile to finally get fusion haha.

hey it was worth it... except for that track with the doors that close on you arrggghhh... :(

...yeah, pure is nothing like fusion...

username
7th February 2008, 11:38 AM
I was going to say Fusion nearly killed the series but Colin says it was the best seller, so why was it considered a failure by $ony if sold better than the other games?

I believe that the developers were trying to make wipeout fusion easier to play for everyone. Lets face it, with wipeout 1, 2097, and 3 you have to have aquired THE SKILL! to play them with success. NO one i have ever known has been able to play these with success the first time, however with fusion its a different story. Because the handling is alot less demanding anyone can play it, but it means that fellow long time wipeout players can feel the severe reduction in the quality of play.