PDA

View Full Version : New to Pulse - Couple of queries.

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 12:11 AM
I only bought Wipeout Pulse a few days back but its a great game. Im a veteran of the 2097 game on the first playstation and this game brings back the memories.

Now in the manual it says when you press forward or back it pushes the nose of the ship down or up respectively; my question is whats the reason for using these manouvres? Is it only if mid-flight to direct your ship or to land without too much turbulence?

Also at the end of the race is the points display supposed to be so jumpy? Ive found Ive had to tap X a few times to get to the Continue icon.

And finally on the upload site Im listed in the rankings as Feisar even though my ship of choice is the Piranha, is there a way to change this? Or as I suspect foolishly select Feisar when I first logged in.

BARTgai
22nd January 2008, 12:24 AM
the pitching down helps maintain your speed and pitching up will slow you a bit. try pitching up and down when your thrust is off and see what happens.

as for the online thing, its a bug that i and countless others have.

ZenDJiNN
22nd January 2008, 12:26 AM
Hi Alucioj - Welcome to the Zone. :)

I've found that the "Nose Up, Nose Down" thing is somewhat useless (For me anyway). The ship becomes almost uncontrollable when i do this. :g

As for the online rankings & stuff, i know they've had a few problems so maybe it's something to do with that?

Look forward to racing you online. :)

the pitching down helps maintain your speed and pitching up will slow you a bit. try pitching up and down when your thrust is off and see what happens.

Do you really do that!!?? Wow.... I have enough trouble going in the right direction, and that's only on Flash! :g I'm gonna give that a try in Racebox..... Practice makes perfect and all that! :)

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys for your replies, much appreciated!

Yep Zen likewise, I think I raced versus you a couple of days back but Im going to improve my skills first before I venture back out there lol, I was racing versus the clock for the majority of races after everyone left me for dust!

Any ideas about the end of the race stats?
Also at the end of the race is the points display supposed to be so jumpy? Ive found Ive had to tap X a few times to get to the Continue icon.
Where the display is jumpy/keeps flickering, is that just how its meant to be?

BARTgai
22nd January 2008, 12:35 AM
i dont think i quite understand this "jumpy" thing that you speak of lol

ZenDJiNN
22nd January 2008, 12:41 AM
I don't have that "jumpy" thing either..... at the end of each race (or Tournament etc) all the points come up fine. Maybe it's something to do with your connection? :)

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 12:49 AM
Hmmmm

Its not when Im online this happens.

I'll try and be more accurate... cos its worrying if it only happens on my copy lol...

Its in the loyalty section, I sometimes find the section that tells you how many points you have etc. flickers/ is jumpy and jams almost, it doesnt happen all the time. I think maybe Im tapping X too quickly?!

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 01:02 AM
Yep its cool it does happen..... 6.27 into this youtube vid...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1GHwZjA40GU

Ive found it keeps displaying a stat sometimes for a couple of seconds, nothing major and Im too impatient with my X tapping.

zargz
22nd January 2008, 01:23 AM
heh! that's the loyalty points -
they show points for each lap so if 4 laps they show 50 points four times ;)
if perfect laps you get more and if play in hard rather than easy - even more.

welcome to the wo zone!

8)

Alucioj
22nd January 2008, 01:28 AM
Ahhhhhhhh I get it now :D PHeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Thanks Zargz for encrypting my weird issue with the game :p

Ive definitely played you online, totally destroyed me in about 3 races lol. I'll be back when I get good! (May take a while).

(I always play on hard so that explains why it flashes even more).

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to the forum, thought I better add this, its great to be greeted so friendly!