PDA

View Full Version : The Pulse Servers?

CR4SH3D
17th January 2008, 04:41 PM
Im wondering exactly how pulse does the online play, does it actually create the games on servers or does the game host act as the server because the performance is pretty poor most of the time

I raced QirexAAX just 1 on 1 and we both seemed really laggy to eachother, hes on broadband so am i and there was no one else on my network

So would it be poor server performance or down to our individual connections? Its really bugging me because doing adhoc is sooo slick

Asayyeah
17th January 2008, 05:00 PM
what kind of psps are you using qirexaax and you and what are the firmware installed?

QirexAAX
17th January 2008, 05:15 PM
Well, I'm using a Slim PSP with whatever firmware came with pulse. I assume that was the most up to date?

Dogg Thang
17th January 2008, 05:21 PM
3.71 came with Pulse but there is a 3.8 upgrade available now.

CR4SH3D
17th January 2008, 06:29 PM
im using 3.71 ill upgrade now, and psp slim here also, plugged into mains

//edit
it tells me theres no need to update from 3.71

sakerbax
17th January 2008, 06:52 PM
where are you trying to update? assuming from your other post you're using the update that came with the game.
go to network update it's the top left icon on the menu.

3.80 came with some interesting new features such as internet radio, improved rss reader and a new visual plugin for the mp3 player =)

infoxicated
17th January 2008, 06:58 PM
The man above speaks the truth - 3.80 did add some new features.

CR4SH3D - if you do an online update from the top left item in the XMB you'll get the latest.

CR4SH3D
17th January 2008, 07:57 PM
sweet thanks ill do that

does it improve the netplay at all?

//edit
also is anyone having "file" errors when you get to the "logging into server" bit after its updated your profile and found the universes, i cant actually play online anymore :(

Asayyeah
17th January 2008, 09:31 PM
It's not a matter of psps and firmwares, thx for clearing this guys

Im wondering exactly how pulse does the online play, does it actually create the games on servers or does the game host act as the server because the performance is pretty poor most of the time
I am not sure at all about that maybe Rob may tell us more , but if it's the 2nd option ( the hoster acts like a server ( ala Xlink Kai and Wipeout Pure)) it could be a matter of bandwidth, especially the upload one. A tip is to close all internet activity ( web radio, peer to peer, msn and others) if nothing significant happends that may come from your provider itself

If it's the 1st option ask your ISP if they can add you a better ping when playing online ( possibly charged option), few providers like Orange in France propose that kind of option and you got a ping around 10/15 ms to servers ( 50/60 ms previously) for 5 euros per month.

CR4SH3D
18th January 2008, 01:57 PM
yeah i think it might be bandwidth because playing FPS games you can download and upload aswell as play relativly ping free because the servers are dedicated but if you host i guess your system needs to upload alot more information to each player

id be interested to know though if theres any plans to improve online play

q_dmc12
18th January 2008, 06:48 PM
I am not sure about that though b/c I have raced a bit with Lion (NZ) and several other racers who I asume are either AU or EU with relatively little slow-down, bouncing around or invisible players as opposed to kai.

Rapier Racer
19th January 2008, 06:49 PM
What!?!? You have to pay extra for a decent ping in France? I wouldn't be tolerating that I can tell you.

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 12:12 AM
well i played online at my friends house, game had 6 people or so and no lag as far as i can tell, think his laptops downloading too