PDA

View Full Version : Assegai pushed to its limits

ITHAKA
12th January 2008, 08:36 PM
Spent a good deal of time today trying to see the limits of this ship and got a best of 0.22.20 lap time at Rapier time trail at Porto Kora (wo3 pal).

I know the ship has a 0.21.xx time in it but I dont know if I can do it. Can someone here give it a go and see if they can get it there?

EDIT: Oh and Im still using the D-pad :banzai

Snarble
25th January 2008, 01:20 PM
Ith sorry I just posted in the pilot lounge but yeh I got 21.84. I boosted on the jump, the straight afterwards leading to the hairpin, then I had enough boost to r1 for the whole straight but I made a few small mistakes with regard to the racing lines(and I bumped on the descent leading to the hairpin) so a faster time is possible.

stin
25th January 2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?action=display_records&sub_action=&game_id=3&track_id=9&game_title=Wipeout+3&mode_id=1&type_id=1&filter=unique&limit=5&x=35&y=37 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/../records.php?action=display_records&sub_action=&game_id=3&track_id=9&game_title=Wipeout+3&mode_id=1&type_id=1&filter=unique&limit=5&x=35&y=37)

Welcome to the board, I link I showed you. You will need to practice alot to gain more seconds off your best scores.;)

There is a post for showing you how to find a line somewhere.

stevie:)

Task
26th January 2008, 04:10 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that for what they're racing 21.x _is_ the top time: PK Rapier TT Assegai LT (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?game_id=3&mode_id=2&track_id=9&filter=7&type_id=1&limit=30&action=display_records&sub_action=&x=29&y=29)
Set by Snarble there.
A better time is of course always possible, but in Assegai? It has yet to be proven!

Snarble
14th June 2008, 11:11 AM
Damn Ith you got me by .8. Now I'm going to have to spend another 2 weeks cracking that new time. If even a new time is possible? Surely the only gap I could make would be another .1 or .2 to that time?

------

Got it by .4 new time for Assegai(rapier time trial single lap) on Porto Kora is 21.72
This time is really beatable: I made a few mistakes on the R line and wobbled a bit on the straight whilst mashing the hyper thrust.

------

PS I am using a Negcon.

Asayyeah
15th June 2008, 06:51 PM
Great lap time Snarble :)
2 questions :
- what is your Neggie setup button & twisting angle for assegai .
- Are you using the scraping-walls-turbo-technique ? ( the slight boost you may have when sliding on part of walls)

Snarble
15th June 2008, 10:08 PM
deadzone-2
Max lock-60
II-accelerate
I-Hyperthrust
As to that wall scraping technique I haven't heard of that?

Asayyeah
17th June 2008, 03:26 PM
mine are 3 - 51 for Icaras ( thx Al ;) )

Wall scraping : when you hit a wall most of the time you slowdown but not everytime, depending on your line and also airbraking in the right tempo when you touch slightly a wall that can produce a mini boost. you can also hear that sound made by that mini friction.

JABBERJAW
18th June 2008, 12:23 AM
I use a 3 deadzone with a 67 twist for assegai, and like Arnaud said a 3 deadzone and 51 twist for Icarus. Everything else is in between. I had a very hard time when I used less than 51 because it just turned too fast for me. You need to find your own settings though that you like. Don't put it too high though, or it is difficult for the quick left right turns.