PDA

View Full Version : Future weapons!!

Dragoon111
11th January 2008, 11:18 AM
I was just thinking.....what weapons would you like to see in general for the future wipeout game.There is no need some weapons to be replaced.What do you think,what are your ideas?An advanced missile maybe?

Stardragon88
11th January 2008, 11:35 AM
Hmm, I can't think of any novel weapons at the moment, but it would be rather interesting to have weapons fired actually affect the velocity of the craft that fired them. Seems kind of odd to fire off a salvo of rockets forward and not suffer any speed loss. Would act as a mild deterrent against firing weapons - which would encourage people to opt for speed pads and reduce the firefights that take place in the middle of the pack - allowing the frontrunner to essentially fly off unchallenged.

I figure it would be a good way to navigate those 180 bends at Outpost 7 too! Swing your ship around half way and fire off rockets to push yourself around the bend, hitting people behind you with the rockets in the process :rock

swift killer
11th January 2008, 11:36 AM
errrrm, this threads been done already, have you read the forum rules?

http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429

Asayyeah
11th January 2008, 02:52 PM
thx swiftkiller , i am seeing Jay connected here , he may be faster than me to merge that thread ;)

Task
11th January 2008, 02:54 PM
Right you are SK, but it's best to also include a link to the related thread(s) if you can.
Like this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4124).

As a side note:

Seems kind of odd to fire off a salvo of rockets forward and not suffer any speed loss.That isn't strange at all. Have you ever watched rockets fired from a fighter jet? They are released (drop off the wing!) and then fire their own thrust. They start with the inertia of the firing platform, and then add their own acceleration for as long as the fuel supply lasts.

Plasma doesn't have much weight to it, you probably wouldn't notice firing that one either. Autocannon rounds though, they are weighty, plentiful, and have high velocity, so you might feel a drop in speed when firing them. That might be the only weapon in the game like that though. Seems a bit of a bother for a side-effect that only 1 weapon has. If the weapon was powerful, that might be a balancing factor, but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Edit: 8 D Since no actual ideas have been posited as of yet, I see no point doing a merge. We can just let this thread die and redirect eyeballs to the threads that have actual suggestions in them. That's my thinking, anyway. 8 )

swift killer
11th January 2008, 03:00 PM
LOL

Jay and Arnaud, you race each other through the forum aswell as on the track!

Task
11th January 2008, 03:12 PM
8 D Yeah, and you notice he beat me by a solid 2 minutes? That's pretty standard too!

swift killer
11th January 2008, 03:58 PM
He eliminated me in WipEout Pure once!

x3pwnage
31st January 2008, 09:42 AM
A Lag Shield! (online only)

-Opponent A is hopping around like a mad monkey
-Activate Lag Shield!
-Opponent A stops hopping around
-Fire plasma!
-Opponent A is destroyed!

Rapier Racer
2nd February 2008, 05:35 PM
Autocannon rounds though, they are weighty, plentiful, and have high velocity, so you might feel a drop in speed when firing them. That might be the only weapon in the game like that though. Seems a bit of a bother for a side-effect that only 1 weapon has. If the weapon was powerful, that might be a balancing factor, but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

*Raises hand!!!* 2097 2097! Put in the cheat to get the uber powerful machine gun weapon, kills other craft in a hurry and also, your speed starts to drop of if you keep it constantly firing to the point where you will just stop if you keep the button pressed I believe.

Medusa
2nd February 2008, 08:54 PM
your speed starts to drop of if you keep it constantly firing to the point where you will just stop if you keep the button pressed I believe.

:lol This happens to me in Pulse - I can't seem to keep even pressure on the Thrust while holding down fire...so I just keep slowwwwing dowwwwwnnnnn.

Therefore I try to absorb Cannon as often as possible.

P52Smith
11th March 2008, 08:43 PM
I'd like to see a double laser fire from the same 2 points as the ship's cannon in Pulse for about 5-6 seconds, would do about 48% damage if hit, but only 90% if a prolonged attack is carried out.

I say only 48% remembering that the weapons do 2X the amount of damage in eliminator mode, I thought 60% (and therefore 120% was a little too harsh).

This weapon would be extremely rare (commented on only as rumoured like phantom in Pure's manual ("Rumours exist of a fifth speed class...")) but would provide lots of energy if absorbed, about 20% more than the Plasma in Pulse does.

This would therefore be an overpowered, one shot cannon, stops when hits track, but will deflect up small hills or follow mag-strip routes, this is relying on the skill, faith and determination (most likely) of the programmers and designers etc.