PDA

View Full Version : Proper turbo usage in TT mode

Sven
26th June 2002, 10:50 PM
since you're given exactly 1 turbo per lap, it may or may not effect your lap time in different ways depending on where you use it. Where are the best places to use turbos? uphill? downhill? flats? jumps? just after or before any of the aforementioned track features? after slowing down a lot? does it even matter?
I think it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I haven't been doing a lot of experimenting yet. But one thing I do know about turbo usage, it's better to do it along straights.

Sparta(Assegai)
16th July 2002, 08:56 PM
you can use 2 turbos per lap.. if you just use you turbo right before the finish line, then youll get another right after the start line, so your boost from the first one can be used on your second lap, so youll have 2 turbos

Sven
16th July 2002, 11:30 PM
I know that trick, but where should you use the second turbo?

Aurex Vorshade
24th July 2002, 09:52 PM
right before the finish line!

oh wait... :)

rhys
25th July 2002, 12:21 PM
i use turbos whenever i have 2 slow down....

maybe just after a difficult turn or something.

Wamdue
26th July 2002, 10:51 AM
I think turbo usage has its ultimate usage points on every track.. I like Florian Heights 3 Reverse a lot, ive played it many times in TT, ive found that different spots in the uphill section of the track in the beginning cuts off most time from your lap, dont use it in the beginning, but more like.. 1second before you go over the hill.. or use it at some jump and skip a curve or two.. but I dont like that

Zebula77
2nd August 2002, 08:38 AM
Use turbos over the blue speed-up pads. That way you'll maximize the thrust of the turbo. It also helps to press the turbo button hard, since the buttons are analog.

Sven
3rd August 2002, 01:01 AM
But the question is, is it better to go faster over a longer distance, or really fast for a short distance?

JABBERJAW
4th August 2002, 08:43 AM
on jumps to cut off corners. or around corners without using brake. just blast into the wall, no problem, you will go faster than using the brakes matey :D :) :( :o :x :lol: 8) :-? :P :oops: :evil: :wink: :roll: I am very emotiional tonight :roll:

AmishRobot
7th August 2002, 05:16 AM
Still bitter about that, Al?
:wink: