PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Save Process

guillaume
10th January 2008, 07:06 PM
At the end of a Time Trial, you have a menu with a specific entry to save your ghost. Below is the time of your previously saved ghost if you have one, and the time of your new ghost. That helps you choose if you want to overwrite your ghost or not.
In Pure, it was done so that at the end of the Time Trial, you had a screen allowing to save your ghost only if it was better than the previously saved one.
Even if Pulse's system allows to save a new ghost that is slower than the one already saved, I don't think it will be useful for me.
I didn't find any option to change this, is there any?
Also, what do you think of the new system?
(I didn't find any post talking about this, please tell me if there is)

lunar
10th January 2008, 09:59 PM
It`s a pain in that more thinking and pressing of x is needed, but it`s good in that you can overwrite a speed lap 2 turbo ghost with a TT style one turbo ghost if you want to. Or easily get rid of a downloaded ghost that you can`t beat, I suppose.

guillaume
11th January 2008, 07:38 AM
It's easier indeed than to look for the ghost by browsing your memory stick.
My only fear is to forget to save a ghost after a good race. Tbh I don't really care for now, but I think it will become more important once I reach my limits.
I don't remember seeing any hint, like a change in colors where your new time is displayed, if it is better than the saved one.
That woud have been nice, I think.