PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Custom grids

swift412
10th January 2008, 05:48 PM
Is it possible to share custom grids?

I made a 24 event custom grid (1 event for each track, b&w), each of them Phantom class Speed Laps. The reason: the targets are all based on the top 3 online leader board times (as of Sunday night).

You can try and see if it will work on your PSPs, but be careful not to overwrite any of your own custom grids:
http://swift412.googlepages.com/WipeoutPulse_PhantomSpeedLapGrid.zip

kekken3
11th January 2008, 12:32 AM
That's a great upload! I was just about to do something very similar, but was too lazy to start transcribing the times. This is a lifesaver! :beer

Asayyeah
11th January 2008, 12:52 AM
:clap swift412
i ll race that this weekend :hyper

Hyper Shadow
11th January 2008, 02:40 PM
I might have to try and transcribe the flash or rapier times (or both depending on how much time I have on my hands) because I'm not ready for Phantom yet :p

zargz
13th January 2008, 10:59 PM
I made a Flash Grid for myself 8)
took my own fastlap times and lowered half sec for bronce, half more for silver
and another half for gold :D

half of the grid is zone trax - bronce zone 25, silver 30 and gold 35.

Asayyeah
14th January 2008, 09:33 AM
Swift that is impossible to have all the gold medal : due to inversion of basilico black and white. Except it this is a great custom challenge, thx for it mate.

Pavel: interesting but flash and zone limited to 35 : that is way too slow hehe ;)

CR4SH3D
14th January 2008, 11:03 AM
think it might be an idea to add a custom grid section to wipeout-skins?
can you use them for multiplayer?

zargz
14th January 2008, 11:14 AM
Pavel: interesting but flash and zone limited to 35 : that is way too slow hehe ;) I know >_<'

I even have to put more time so I can have a chance at a bronse :?

if you're gonna make a grid by your own times I think the best is to take your best time as the bronce :p

swift412
14th January 2008, 03:08 PM
Swift that is impossible to have all the gold medal : due to inversion of basilico black and white. Except it this is a great custom challenge, thx for it mate.

Pavel: interesting but flash and zone limited to 35 : that is way too slow hehe ;)

Thanks :) I only read that Basilico Black and White were swapped around on the online ranking after I made the grid. When (if) I update the grid I'll fix that up :nod

zargz
14th January 2008, 04:37 PM
can't you edit it yourself, arno?

CR4SH3D
15th January 2008, 12:28 AM
hey guys this is the WIP for a grid sharing site http://www.wipeout-grids.co.nr (http://www.wipeout-grids.co.nr/) i havent got my psp yet (wednesday woo!) so could someone let me know what a grid would contain (class/race types etc) so i can make a template psd file for thumbnails?

Amaru
16th January 2008, 06:06 AM
Some users from the european PlayStation community boards wonder if they may post their own grids there (seing as those boards have somewhat strict rules concerning the posting of copyrighted material). I can't imagine that sharing those files would really be a copyright issue (except for the commonly contained savefile icons the grid event data file is probably more of a "text" file) but do we have any official statement on that matter? =^.^;=

zargz
21st January 2008, 07:50 PM
ok, here's my Flash grid. now fully tested by moi 8)
there are 32 events - half speed laps and half zone.
with the assegai I got 7 silvers and the rest brozes, so it is doable :D
recomended to any one on their way from flash to rapier.
I'd like medusa and foxy to try this one (I am yet to race medusa!:robot)

let me know what you think about it!

http://geocities.com/zargz/saves/pulse/UCES00465GR0002.zip

n b

it will take the space of the 3rd grid if you have done some!

//asa

you were right about zone. now when I was testing this grid I was doing the last bits only zone
then I went to play flash and it did seem slow! :lol

now 'm getting regulary between zone 25-30

8)

CR4SH3D
22nd January 2008, 12:11 AM
imi confused why i cant save custom grids yet, how do you do that?

zargz
22nd January 2008, 01:10 AM
when you are done configuring a grid, press square for the save menu.
I'm guessing you already knew this so another thing is that it seems the hectagons must be connected
that's what happened to me anyway, couldn't save till they were in a line or a cluster.

Medusa
23rd January 2008, 12:14 AM
I might try your grid, zargz...right now I'm so distracted by a zone grid I made with impossible-for-me gold targets...:rolleyes: but today I cracked the top ten on Plat.Rush Black!!Yay!

Aw what the heck. It's not like I can't work on two grids at once along with the campaign mode, right??

BTW, zargz, I'm hoping to get online Friday - maybe race you then?:)

CR4SH3D
23rd January 2008, 12:26 AM
//zargz
ok so ive put 5 in the centre in a sort of round blob so they are all touching atleast 1 other, i still cant save :S

zargz
23rd January 2008, 01:42 AM
:( then I dunno ..
this sounds stupid but may be they need to start somewhere at the edge of the square try that
then I'm out of ideas .. :?

//medusa

congrats on that top 10!!

what are the gold goals on your grid?
on mine all are 35zones.
may be worth trying before you beat your own grid ;)

friday, friday, friday .. yeh!
I'll prob'ly be there 10pm-1am GTM +1

catchya then!

8)

Medusa
23rd January 2008, 03:14 AM
I set the gold goals at 50 for the Moa therma and DeKonstruct tracks, at 40 for Platinum Rush tracks (LOL!), and I think the rest are all set at 45. I'll have to look back to know for sure. The silvers and bronzes I set lower by 5 zones...so it is pretty hard for me just to get a bronze!:g Still feels good though!

I'll try to get online during that time - I'll be looking for you!

stin
23rd January 2008, 08:26 AM
Top3 in Plant Rush Black!:eek, *Rush back to my psp and play again to gain points to get away from her!!!!:cold

You is doing niice!

stevie;)

CR4SH3D
23rd January 2008, 10:55 AM
//zargz
ill have ago, do you think maybe you have to 'unlock' the save grid feature? ive tried having a bunch all along 1 side going down with about 3/4 columns, and putting a bunch in the center, do you have to put any more info in other than the tracks/modes etc when you press x?

Asayyeah
23rd January 2008, 12:34 PM
// Medusa : :clap
I doubt playing you & stevie online if platinum rush black is loaded :g or i need to practise on it

zargz
23rd January 2008, 01:35 PM
I set the gold goals at 50 for Moa ..
I'll try to get online during that time - I'll be looking for you!50!! :eek
you are crazy! :dizzy

yeh, hope to see you there! :+

Medusa
24th January 2008, 02:18 AM
Heehee, thanks guys...yes I'm crazy but it's fun! I don't think I'll ever reach higher than zone 35 on Pl.Rush Black, tho, stin :robot - that one killed me! But you never know...better worry more about asa!

stin
24th January 2008, 07:48 AM
LOL!, Medusa, I actually broke my record(s) again!:dizzy and I will be updated pretty soon.

stevie;)

Medusa
24th January 2008, 09:56 PM
:eek You guys are scary!! Congrats on that though!!

Medusa
30th January 2008, 08:39 PM
If anyone is interested here is my Zone grid from hell. I've only worked on it on Moa Therma and Platinum Rush...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WUWBDIJJ

And here is a Phantom TT grid I made today for all 24 tracks. Gold medal is the current top racetime rounded up to the second. Silver is the tenth highest racetime rounded up to the second, and Bronze is the 50th highest if there were a decent amount of entries on that track. If there weren't, I just added 5 seconds to the silver time. I did it this way so that the grid isn't totally frustrating for slowpokes like me. I can still get bronze medals and keep working away while always being reminded of how far away from the top I am!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C597CSZ1

By the way I'm still working on zargz's flash grid. An AG-SYS is NOT the ideal ship for those flash targets! I couldn't even get a bronze on Fort Gale White or Basilico White!!!!! So I'm skipping them!

zargz
30th January 2008, 11:13 PM
oh! so you did try it? :D
yeh, imo they are the 2 hardest - got the medals there last.
2 bronces and the one that is 23 sec I got exactly that! :eek
but it felt good to get it! 8)

funny, I thought the same about my assegai,
that a piranha racer would take the golds easy .. :?

whenever I get my pityful 35 zone golds I'll try your grid from Hell ;)

Medusa
30th January 2008, 11:24 PM
For those two tracks in an AG-SYS, yeah I think so! If I was willing to change ships I don't think it would be a problem, though. I spent probably over three hours to get a 23:04 Perfect Lap! :brickwall Still no medal!! That's okay though I'm moved on from there. Gold on Pl.Rush Black - my only speed lap gold so far. And tied your time exactly on Pl.Rush White, lol! Your grid really makes me work hard! Reminds me how much I hate BR's and dislike flash as a speed class name...

The zone goals are just perfect though, cause I can get a medal on the first try!:hyper

zargz
30th January 2008, 11:33 PM
you got a GOLD!!!??

wow! :eek

don't skip fort gale and basilico coz I'm sure you can do it!

c'mon, kiTTun! *cheering*

ok, I'll go on with my rapier grid then - try make a good lap and set it a bronce. :)

Medusa
31st January 2008, 08:25 PM
Well I think I'll go back to Basilico but Fort Gale? Aaaahhh...screams in terror. I don't think I can take it anymore!!!!! And I'm going back to Metropia Black for sure.8)

zargz
31st January 2008, 08:30 PM
yeh, I got gold there now, thanx to the weekly challange :D

// cr4sh3d

did you manage to put together a grid yet? :?

CR4SH3D
31st January 2008, 08:33 PM
//zargz
haha yeah thanks :P
i never noticed that 'locked' option before, which made saving a completely locked grid impossible, my bad, thanks

DjManiac21
4th February 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi guys!
I went to the grids site but can't find any :S
I'm getting those posted here, so there's something Pulse to play until the packs.
Is the grid page working?

CR4SH3D
10th February 2008, 01:15 PM
there will be soon if your refering to the site im making

DjManiac21
10th February 2008, 03:37 PM
Yes, I was, thanks a lot! :)

Medusa
10th February 2008, 04:38 PM
Well I think I'm done now with Zargz's Flash grid - an awesome grid to learn the tracks! Ended up with 9 golds, 8 silvers, 13 bronze, and no medals at all on Fort Gale White and Basilico White:blarg.

Was great fun, thanks zargz!

zargz
10th February 2008, 06:07 PM
9 golds!!!??? :eek I got one ..
will have to get back to it.

I'm glad you liked it! :D