PDA

View Full Version : Disconnections

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 05:17 PM
I was Playin online earlier, I was winning (a rarity really) and The 3 ppl i was racin against disconnected :( cant remember names: Jeff(somethin) & (somethin)MumblesDrunk cant remember any of the other Persons name

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 05:23 PM
Discons are a pain aren't they? There could be many reasons for them, but whatever the reason they're still annoying.

Rapier Racer
9th January 2008, 05:25 PM
Yes, I try to make sure theres at least one person I trust (from here) in any race I host or join because there seems to be an alarming number of losers out there who quite instantly when they start falling behind. I've been in a 7 player 6 race tour and by the end of it only 3 of us were left. It is cool to see 4 ships explode at the same time on the grid though :p

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 05:31 PM
Haha, you're right about the exploding ships! :)

But people do seem to disconnect at an alarming rate during tournaments. I'd say there's at least a 50% attrition rate, if not more, which is really annoying, especially when the tourney's going well. :(

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm only so mad because it was on the last lap of a race i was winning =[. and i dont win all that much lol

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 06:32 PM
I know what you mean Rahvin. When you're winning & having a great race, it's really frustrating isn't it? I'm sure that there'll be plenty more great races though, and if you get to race with any of the WipeoutZone guys then you'll have a great time. I race under the name XuZeN btw, & would love to have a few races with you. I'll lookout for you online. :)

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm Rahvin13 online, I'll look for you, what channel you usually in?

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 06:42 PM
Top channel, which i think is the EU one...?? English speaking, although i do float around to some of the others at times, but not often. Look forward to it. :)

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 06:43 PM
I'll keep my eyes out for you! :)

zargz
9th January 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm Rahvin13 online, I'll look for you, what channel you usually in?
the channel doesn't really matter - you see the same races from any of them.
may be it'll change when all channels are full?

Yes, I try to make sure theres at least one person I trust (from here) in any race I host or join .. yeh, same here. you know woz pilots won't DC .. exept for a sertain black & yellow feisar but he's getting there! 8)

.. It is cool to see 4 ships explode at the same time on the grid though :pit's actually a great way of training your starts! the closer to the exposion you press X the faster start you'll get ;)

Rahvin13
9th January 2008, 06:55 PM
i dont think ive raced against a WOZ pilot yet

ZenDJiNN
9th January 2008, 10:00 PM
I've raced against a few..... it makes me shudder just to think about it..... Most of the ones that have been here a while are MUCH better than me, & if i win a race it's usually luck!

But i'm getting better, and racing against these guys sure helps a lot! :)

Typhy
12th January 2008, 12:22 AM
Just finished a tournament on Venom - all eight pilots still playing after 7 tracks. Great stuff, that's good to see.

I've raced quite a few WOZ members so far, including the people on this thread, and, as ZenDJ says, it's always a more challenging and rewarding experience.

Here, Here!

Typhy